Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateDogg1215

Vick said it would be a story book ending.........

244 posts in this topic

I swear - Atlanta fans better NOT do what they did when this thug came here last time - you people looked like fools, it was disgusting.

We will do what we want to do and you'll love every minute.

Not trying to turn this into a political debate but mixing Obama and Vick is a recipe for disaster......

yep sure is

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2010/12/27/report-obama-thanks-eagles-owner-giving-vick-2nd-chance

Stuff like this is always a litmus test to show how dumb this country still can be when it really puts it's mind to it...Let's see if this "controversy" grows legs...

Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity....

It's your serve...

Stuff like this is always a litmus test to show how dumb this country still can be when it really puts it's mind to it...Let's see if this "controversy" grows legs...

Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity....

It's your serve...

pretty much. If you want to know what people think about certain issues just find an article and look at the comment section. Soon as I saw the headline I knew what what was up lol.

This is Ryan's 3rd year. He has gotten us to the playoffs twice now in 3 years. That's more than any other QB did in their first 3 years with us.

Ryan has just begun his career - Vick is on the downside of his. He's playing amazingly right now - and I'm so happy for him - but this is his 10th year - and he takes a lot of hits because of his style of play. The human body - no matter how athletic or well maintained - can only take so much abuse before it starts to break down. Vick may not have another 3 or 4 years.

As for Vick winning a ring before Ryan - if Ryan can't do it in 9 or 10 years - then you can say that. If Vick won a ring this year - Ryan would still have another 7 years to accomplish it quicker.

But, this thread wasn't about Ryan - it was about Vick. I never said the words jealous - that's something you made up in your mind. I said he knows he blew it - knows he can't have it back - knows the team is having success without him - and it eats at him.

I said he sees what he threw away. I said it eats at him - which he's said himself. Seeing Ryan have success as a young QB just makes it worse because he knows what he threw away - he can't ever get those years back. If Vick had applied himself in the first part of his career - he may have gone down as the greatest QUARTERBACK to ever play the game - instead of the greatest athlete. He knows that. He also knows his time is limited now.

Look at McNabb - he came into the league 2 years before Vick - and he's taken a lot of abuse on his body too. It's taking it's toll now. I like McNabb and think he can still be a starter - but time and vicious hits on the body will eventually tone down the performance of any player - even a great athlete like Vick. In his mind - he knows this.

Vick is not on the downside of his career. Hes playing better than he ever has before he left here. Do you know how pathetic you sound? Hes just getting started as a matter a fact if youve been watching him the last few games hes been sliding and taking less hits. Funny thing is he doesnt even run as much. If youve been watching him you would know that most of his hits come while hes in the pocket because his oline is bad. Secondly Mcnabb is not Vick.

Ive never actually thought Mcnabb was a good qb even in his prime. Terrell owens just made him look better than he really was. Mcnabb is fat and out of shape now and he didnt take many hits also the fact that he said he didnt wanna be known as a running qb basically took away a huge part of his game and thats why he sucks now. Hes been injury prone since hes been in the league. He got injured just standing on the sidelines one season. Thirdly I wont ever post here again if the Falcons beat Vick. You know and i know that aint gonna happen.

Ryan wont ever be on Vicks level. I guarantee you and everyone here knows it. Not Saying Ryan isnt a good qb. But Vick is a special kind of player. Hate to say but if Ryan plays a good team in the playoffs we will be out in the first round and Roddy White is way to cocky for this Saints game, but watch the outcome. We beat the Saints because of a missed field goal. Keep thinking we're the best team in the league because of a deceiving 12-2 record.

Alot of you have gotten a little to cocky considering how easy our schedule was. The only good teams we beat were the Ravens and GreenBay IN THE DOME. Rest of our schedule is nothing But NFC WEST TEAMS and you ready to say were going to the superbowl? Are you kidding me? We also swept a bad Bucs team that aint beat no good teams, and a horrid,horrid Panthers team. Yeah you can keep choosing to turn a blindeye to reality if you want to Tandy, but hopefully youre smarter than that and anyone with common sense knows Matt Ryan is not better than Vick this season and Andy reid has our number an beat us with a qb name Kolb. WHAT DO YOU THINK VICK WOULD DO TO US? HUH? Be real with yourself for once in your life time.

Yep vick is a special player, and that is the reason most falcon fans hate him. We all know about his potential! But instead of preparing for NFL games, Vick was busy organizing dog fights and all the other nonsense. Vick took a big steamy dump in the face of the fans, his teamates, and the man who paid him millions while pushing him out in a wheel chair when he could not walk. How PATHETIC must you be to still defend this guy?

Vick is not on the downside of his career. Hes playing better than he ever has before he left here. Do you know how pathetic you sound? Hes just getting started as a matter a fact if youve been watching him the last few games hes been sliding and taking less hits. Funny thing is he doesnt even run as much. If youve been watching him you would know that most of his hits come while hes in the pocket because his oline is bad. Secondly Mcnabb is not Vick.

Ive never actually thought Mcnabb was a good qb even in his prime. Terrell owens just made him look better than he really was. Mcnabb is fat and out of shape now and he didnt take many hits also the fact that he said he didnt wanna be known as a running qb basically took away a huge part of his game and thats why he sucks now. Hes been injury prone since hes been in the league. He got injured just standing on the sidelines one season. Thirdly I wont ever post here again if the Falcons beat Vick. You know and i know that aint gonna happen.

Ryan wont ever be on Vicks level. I guarantee you and everyone here knows it. Not Saying Ryan isnt a good qb. But Vick is a special kind of player. Hate to say but if Ryan plays a good team in the playoffs we will be out in the first round and Roddy White is way to cocky for this Saints game, but watch the outcome. We beat the Saints because of a missed field goal. Keep thinking we're the best team in the league because of a deceiving 12-2 record.

Alot of you have gotten a little to cocky considering how easy our schedule was. The only good teams we beat were the Ravens and GreenBay IN THE DOME. Rest of our schedule is nothing But NFC WEST TEAMS and you ready to say were going to the superbowl? Are you kidding me? We also swept a bad Bucs team that aint beat no good teams, and a horrid,horrid Panthers team. Yeah you can keep choosing to turn a blindeye to reality if you want to Tandy, but hopefully youre smarter than that and anyone with common sense knows Matt Ryan is not better than Vick this season and Andy reid has our number an beat us with a qb name Kolb. WHAT DO YOU THINK VICK WOULD DO TO US? HUH? Be real with yourself for once in your life time.

Ain't nobody tryin to read all that sh*t...

Yep vick is a special player, and that is the reason most falcon fans hate him. We all know about his potential! But instead of preparing for NFL games, Vick was busy organizing dog fights and all the other nonsense. Vick took a big steamy dump in the face of the fans, his teamates, and the man who paid him millions while pushing him out in a wheel chair when he could not walk. How PATHETIC must you be to still defend this guy?

Most Falcon fans like him. Some don't but some never did. I guess it's who you are around. Most people I know who are Falcons fans like Vick. The only ones who dislike him always disliked him, like saying he's a RB and other illogical comments. Regardless I don't understand why ppl are talking about him so much. It was understandable early in the season but we are 12-2 and about to play the biggest game of the season. That's what's important. Seeing Vick and a dog in your avatar makes me question your a fan of the team or just a hater of Vick. Which one are you?

Most Falcon fans like him. Some don't but some never did. I guess it's who you are around. Most people I know who are Falcons fans like Vick. The only ones who dislike him always disliked him, like saying he's a RB and other illogical comments. Regardless I don't understand why ppl are talking about him so much. It was understandable early in the season but we are 12-2 and about to play the biggest game of the season. That's what's important. Seeing Vick and a dog in your avatar makes me question your a fan of the team or just a hater of Vick. Which one are you?

Dude I have been a member on atlantafalcons.com since vick's 1st or 2nd year, honestly I cannot remember. The name 'angryfalconfan' comes from me being pi$$ed because I wanted vick to start over chandler, but vick was not getting the playing time back then, and I was very frustrated because he was our best option. I am a falcons fan, read my sig. I LOVED vick! But, he took a sh!t on me and now as a FALCONS fan I HATE him!

umpcam likes this

Dude I have been a member on atlantafalcons.com since vick's 1st or 2nd year, honestly I cannot remember. The name 'angryfalconfan' comes from me being pi$$ed because I wanted vick to start over chandler, but vick was not getting the playing time back then, and I was very frustrated because he was our best option. I am a falcons fan, read my sig. I LOVED vick! But, he took a sh!t on me and now as a FALCONS fan I HATE him!

I am 100% certain Vick did not take a crap on me or you. That would be inhumane and I would have killed him if he ever tried. Now if you are referring to him going to jail. It's on him and he did hurt us temporarily but that's the risk you take in business. You have to separate business and die hard fandom. The organization has moved on. Thanks to Vick's profitability, Blank brought the team. He hired well. We drafted Ryan as a franchise QB and he can be a great. I am as happy as a Falcons as I have ever been. As great as Vick was, he was never going to be what he could have been in Atlanta as was the case for Brett Favre. You shouldn't hate anyone, love thy neighbor. Anyway, the Falcons are playing tonight and I can't wait. Peace man.

atlhomey, Atl/0 and angryfalconfan like this

I am 100% certain Vick did not take a crap on me or you. That would be inhumane and I would have killed him if he ever tried. Now if you are referring to him going to jail. It's on him and he did hurt us temporarily but that's the risk you take in business. You have to separate business and die hard fandom. The organization has moved on. Thanks to Vick's profitability, Blank brought the team. He hired well. We drafted Ryan as a franchise QB and he can be a great. I am as happy as a Falcons as I have ever been. As great as Vick was, he was never going to be what he could have been in Atlanta as was the case for Brett Favre. You shouldn't hate anyone, love thy neighbor. Anyway, the Falcons are playing tonight and I can't wait. Peace man.

I completely agree! +1, But as a FANatic of the falcons I will not forgive him. As a human being I hope he is doing as well off the field as he is on the field

Thanks great post

*golf clap*

I would tend to agree with your take on it if I were forced to pick a stance, but probably for a slightly different reason.

One thing I have seen in Vick's postgame press conferences is that it still seems to be all about him. He chose himself to be MVP of the league. A few weeks ago after a game he talked about some great games he had in the past but "I never had a game like tonight" (must have been the 'Skins game).

So since Vick's individual success this year is even greater than that of the Eagles I would say that it's reasonable to infer that he is too busy basking in the glow of adoration from others and himself to be envious of anyone else.

So, you don't think Vick's success and the Eagles' success go "hand-in-hand?" LOL

I've seen his post game conferences too and he always credits his teammates and coaches. The comment about the skins game was in response to a reporter asking him had he ever had a game like that before. He responded "I've had some good games in my career, but I've never had a game like tonight." Ummm . . . what else was he to say???? LOL The question was specifically asked about him and he answered appropriately.

I think, the MVP vote thing was really taken out of context. Did you see/listen to the acutal interview or did you just see the quote online in an article? I watched it because I was curious as to how the question came up. He seemed a little "put off" that the resporter was asking him that. He actually responded with a slight smirk, tilt of his head, and a little roll of his eyes. His response seemed to be in jest. I don't think anyone around him took his response seriously as everyone laughed when he said it.

Well what do you expect him to say? He is coming to Atlanta to lose because what he did to this city? :lol::lol: Some of you guys crack me up.

And you know some of those "guys" did a twirl and a neck snap with their lil angry comment.

It's storybook because it's the match-up that *everyone* except the Falcons and Falcons fans want to see.

Personally, I think Blank should have stood by Vick until Vick plead guilty but he was busy playing the game and positioning himself for PR reasons. The Falcons are an investment for Blank and Vick was a large part of that investment's growth during his ownership so in my book Blank owed Vick neutrality (as unpopular as that may have seemed) until the December time frame when Vick plead. So if Vick thinks Blank distanced himself from him earlier than he should have then I understand why he'd think highly of an opportunity to come into the dome and get a W especially with a trip to Dallas on the line.

Let's be realistic. After the last Philly game we all know that Vick in the dome again is probably a home type atmosphere for the Eagles. The Eagles backup hung 31 points on the Falcons a number of weeks ago. Does anyone really want to see what the better version of the Eagles would do?

#1 pick likes this

It's storybook because it's the match-up that *everyone* except the Falcons and Falcons fans want to see.

Personally, I think Blank should have stood by Vick until Vick plead guilty but he was busy playing the game and positioning himself for PR reasons. The Falcons are an investment for Blank and Vick was a large part of that investment's growth during his ownership so in my book Blank owed Vick neutrality (as unpopular as that may have seemed) until the December time frame when Vick plead. So if Vick thinks Blank distanced himself from him earlier than he should have then I understand why he'd think highly of an opportunity to come into the dome and get a W especially with a trip to Dallas on the line.

Let's be realistic. After the last Philly game we all know that Vick in the dome again is probably a home type atmosphere for the Eagles. The Eagles backup hung 31 points on the Falcons a number of weeks ago. Does anyone really want to see what the better version of the Eagles would do?

Not only that, but Atleast Vick won his Monday Night game this season on the road. Ryan looked like a deer in the headlights last night and lost at home when drew brees gift wrapped the game for him.

"I think it would be a great, storybook ending to close that chapter finally," Vick said. "I think it would also be a great game. It would be fun and competitive on both sides. It would bring the best out of both sides, both teams. That would be awesome. That would be great."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Vick_reflects_on_holidays_Would_pick_self_as_MVP.html#ixzz19Abblvpf

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Wow, way to misquote the man then start a homer herd mentality.

He's just saying it would be a great way for both him and the Falcons to end their relationship at a NFCCG...

Atlanta still feels like Vick's second home to him (Virginia is his home) and many fans still like Vick him in Atlanta. Playing Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome would allow both Falcon fans who are still Vick fans and himself to move on.

Atleast Vick can win Monday Night Games and wouldnt have choked at home like Ryan did.

We have been getting by beating some bum teams and it has finally caught up with us. So we should thank the entire NFC WEST for helping out with our 12-2 record because those games were gimmes. How about beating a banged up greenbay team? When we beat the Ravens they hadnt started clicking on offense , matter a fact they havent been clicking on offense all season until 2 wks ago.

Truth is the Falcons have just had good luck going all the way back to the first time we beat the Saints. If they didnt miss that easy 29 yd field goal they wouldve beat us. Now its its time to find out who are the real contenders and pretenders.No more easy games for the Falcons. Drew brees gift wrapped this game for Matt Ryan and he choked. What happened to all that rah, rah get the guys fired up on the sidelines stuff. You didnt see any of that last night. He had a deer in the headlights look on his face. It will be atleast another 1 yr before this team wins a superbowl. No way we win one this season not playing like they did last night. Our Defense had to score pts for us to keep us in the game.

Atleast Vick can win Monday Night Games and wouldnt have choked at home like Ryan did.

He just can't win on Tuesday or beat a FIRST time starting QB at home against a hapless Vikings team. WOW. Talk about a choke by Vick of EPIC proportions.

He just can't win on Tuesday or beat a FIRST time starting QB at home against a hapless Vikings team. WOW. Talk about a choke by Vick of EPIC proportions.

hahaha i dont care Vick isnt on the falcons. His Oline is horrible also they didnt give him anytime an couldnt pick up those corner back blitzes. Im glad we wont have to face him in the playoffs though. I think they took that Vikings team a little to lightly they let Joe webbie run all over them. Their defense sucks.

well he already did it to you

phillyhomey. You don't give a rats azz what Vick did to Arthur Blank and this Falcons franchise? If your a fan of the Falcons you would understand he Fu*ked over all of us. Your not a Falcons fan just keep it real and just say it.

angryfalconfan likes this

Funny how people claim to hate Vick so much , but start threads about him. I so hope Vick comes to Atlanta to play us in the NFC game.

Now your saying on the sly you hope Vick witch means the Eagles beat the Falcons. Stop saying us!!!! What other reason you want the Eagles to play the Falcons sooooo bad in the NFC championship game? Come on man! Your not fooling anybody. Stop Bullsh*ting around!!!

funny thing is people are still talking about Vick,, and saying they want to play him when his back up kicked our arse up and down the field. Could you imagine what he would do to us?Becareful what u wish for coz u just might get it

By saying us, that must be bad twitch you can't get rid of. :rolleyes:

umpcam likes this