Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateDogg1215

Vick said it would be a story book ending.........

244 posts in this topic

You're wrong. He regrets it - it's in his words and his actions. Is he happy where he is - yeah - kinda - he's trying to claw back.

But, he absolutely knows what he threw away and said he thinks about it every day.

130 million dollar contract, wasted the first 10 years of his career and had Atlanta wrapped around his little finger.

Yeah - you best bet he is envious and he regrets it. That's why it would be a storybook ending for him. He knows he threw away the best thing he ever had in his life (other than his kids).

He also sees Ryan doing great things with this team - and he knows he could have - but didn't.

So, you can sugar coat it all you want - but down inside - you know it too - the man wishes he could have it back - and he can't.

Which is why the next best thing would be to try to knock Atlanta down - that's human nature.

I'm not doubting he regrets making some of the decisions he made. Who wouldn't? The guy basically threw away over 100 million dollars and about 6, 7 years of his career. LOL But, for you to say he wants to be back here and he's envious of Ryan when he is playing in a system that clearly maximizes his talent AND he is playing well in that system is ludicrous! LOL Do you actually think he wants to be back in Atlanta . . . playing in a run first offense? I doubt it. Philadelphia is a quarterback's dream and Reid and Mornhinweg obviously know what they are doing up there. Again . . . he's in the running for league MVP . . . tell me again why he wants to be back in Atlanta? As long as he stays healthy and continues to dedicate himself and focus on his craft (as he's done since he's been in Philadelphia), he's got a good 5 years or so left. So, why would he try to "claw back" to Atlanta? That makes no sense whatsoever.

So, if it makes you sleep better at night to think that Mike feels jealous of the Falcons and Ryan even though he's in a place that allows him to showcase his talents best . . . go right ahead. LOL I'll have to just respectfully disagree with you on this. :)

FalconinPA and #1 pick like this

I'm not doubting he regrets making some of the decisions he made. Who wouldn't? The guy basically threw away over 100 million dollars and about 6, 7 years of his career. LOL But, for you to say he wants to be back here and he's envious of Ryan when he is playing in a system that clearly maximizes his talent AND he is playing well in that system is ludicrous! LOL Do you actually think he wants to be back in Atlanta . . . playing in a run first offense? I doubt it. Philadelphia is a quarterback's dream and Reid and Mornhinweg obviously know what they are doing up there. Again . . . he's in the running for league MVP . . . tell me again why he wants to be back in Atlanta? As long as he stays healthy and continues to dedicate himself and focus on his craft (as he's done since he's been in Philadelphia), he's got a good 5 years or so left. So, why would he try to "claw back" to Atlanta? That makes no sense whatsoever.

So, if it makes you sleep better at night to think that Mike feels jealous of the Falcons and Ryan even though he's in a place that allows him to showcase his talents best . . . go right ahead. LOL I'll have to just respectfully disagree with you on this. :)

I sleep fine. We're 12-2 and about to lock up home field advantage. Our team is in better shape now than it ever was with Vick here - and I was a Vick fan and still follow him. That doesn't stop me from seeing what is. I love my Falcons. I'm so happy with where we are and where we will be for the next decade. There is no bitterness - not from me. Anyone who has been on these boards for the past 10 years can tell you where I stand on Vick.

I'll just respectfully allow you to disagree and continue to speak what I believe to be the truth whether anyone wants to hear it or not. You don't have to agree or like it - I just say it like I see it.

T_wolf likes this

I sleep fine. We're 12-2 and about to lock up home field advantage. Our team is in better shape now than it ever was with Vick here - and I was a Vick fan and still follow him. That doesn't stop me from seeing what is. I love my Falcons. I'm so happy with where we are and where we will be for the next decade. There is no bitterness - not from me. Anyone who has been on these boards for the past 10 years can tell you where I stand on Vick.

I'll just respectfully allow you to disagree and continue to speak what I believe to be the truth whether anyone wants to hear it or not. You don't have to agree or like it - I just say it like I see it.

I would wholeheartedly buy what you're selling if he was still doing the "wildcat thing" once or twice a game and becoming irrelevent. . . but, this season, he's become one of the top 2 QB's in the league under Reid and Mornhinweg's guidance and his future appears to bright . . . I'm highly doubt he wants to be back here when he's having so much success in Philadelphia - and that is my point.

Does he regret messing up? I'm sure he does! LOL Who wouldn't??? Especially after you've had to time to think, reflect, and mature. But, to say he wants to be back here and he's jealous of Ryan blah blah blah sounds more like a bitter fan. But, anywho . . . you have the right to think/feel whatever and however you want . . .

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Duce, how can you BEGIN to talk about what "systems" are better for Vick when WE WILL NEVER KNOW how well the systems in Atlanta would work because, by HIS OWN admission, he was 1) Lazy, 2) smoking weed 3) NEVER STUDYING FILM 4) First to leave practice and last to arrive 5) distracted by dog fighting.

Just ONCE, I want an answer from a Vick nuthugger to that question.

And, Duce, do you consider yourself a Falcon fan?

You reiterated my point right there...

I assume that you're talking about Schaub and Vick there. I can understand your feelings of good will towards Schaub and maybe not so much for Vick.....but you said it....once they go up against the Falcons you don't want to see anything but misery for either of them for 60 minutes....

Then after the imagined Falcon game you can root for Schaub to go to the Probowl and for Vick to step on a rusty nail.......

I get it..... ;)

I knew that you would, and I really like your thoughts on the Pro Bowl :D

T_wolf likes this

I would wholeheartedly buy what you're selling if he was still doing the "wildcat thing" once or twice a game and becoming irrelevent. . . but, this season, he's become one of the top 2 QB's in the league under Reid and Mornhinweg's guidance . . . I'm highly doubt he wants to be back here when he's having so much success in Philadelphia - and that is my point.

Does he regret messing up? I'm sure he does! LOL Who wouldn't??? Especially after you've had to time to think, reflect, and mature. But, to say he wants to be back here and he's jealous of Ryan blah blah blah sounds more like "wishful/irrational" thinking on your part more than anything else. But, anywho . . . you have the right to think/feel whatever you want . . .

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Same to you - and it is painfully obvious that you don't know me or my stand on Vick.

There is no wishful or irrational thinking on my part. I'm probably the most logical person you will ever encounter. In fact, most people who know me say I think and act like a computer. I see things when I look at situations and make logical assumptions - which may or may not be correct- but they are not irrational in any way.

The difference in my train of thought (and Vick's based on his own conversations) and yours is that you seem to think that Vick is still what he was - and that he needs that system to succeed. I disagree with that - and I think he does too, again based on observation and discussion.

You seem to think that all Vick would accomplish here is to go back to what he was? That he couldn't be a leader of this team - that he couldn't take this team to where it needs to go? Apparently, you have less belief in his abilities than he or I do. You must think that only having a team which can win without him as well as with him is the only way he can succeed? You truly believe he'd rather be an Eagle than a Falcon and I don't. That's the difference. Even when asked WHEN THE LIGHT CAME ON FOR HIM. When he knew he needed to step up his game and become a true QB happened - he says it was the end of 2006 - going into the 2007 year - BEFORE all the crap came down. He already knew how much he had destroyed of his career and wanted to turn it around. I remember excitedly talking about how great 2007 was going to be - the rumors of Vick working harder - wanting to take some control at the line. That was before our world came crashing down with BS all over the place. I was looking forward to it - so was he - but he never got the chance to show it - and now people like you believe that all he would ever be without the Eagles is the Mike Vick of old. I don't believe that for one minute.

The truth is - it's like Deion said - this is always home to him. If Vick could be back at the helm - back where he was without the baggage - with the mindset he has now - he would be happier than anything. He's said as much.

If you don't think he hasn't realized how much time he's wasted - and that he wishes he could reverse it and be all that he can be - you are just not observant or you aren't listening to the man.

He has made statements like he wanted to go to Carolina - so he could play Atlanta twice a year. He's said he thinks about it every day of his life - what he threw away and wishes he could get it back. He's said how much of his career he's thrown away. Now this - his ultimate wish is to beat Atlanta to get that storybook ending. Mind you - not Super Bowl - Atlanta.

Now, you can white wash it all you want if it makes you sleep better. I however, see it like I see it and will call it that way - even if it hurts your feelings or mistakenly makes you think I have an agenda - which is pretty laughable if you know me.

Merry Christmas to you and yours - I hope you do have a wonderful New Year!

And as my final word - I'll quote a man I admire:

Rise Up Falcon fans - THIS IS OUR TIME, ATLANTA!

If he said that:

1) It's further proof he wasn't contrite and isn't really sorry for the havoc he caused the Falcons or Blank or for what he did

2) He believes it's all about him

3) Bizarre b/c usually "story book ending" are reserved to GOOD people who have something bad happen TO THEM but in the end win out over evil. What Vick did was a) by his own hand and B) inherently evil. He got his 2nd chance -- more than a lot of truly good people get. It's really pure vanity for him to suggest this story book ending.

It's been said, but worth repeating -- any one who roots for Vick, especially while playing against the Falcons, is NOT a Falcons fan and is worst than any band-wagoner.

I would cheer for him also. You gotta admit his story is very inspirational

Yes someone who TORTURED animals for years like a sadistic psychopath, who turned his back on the fans, and screwed his team and team mates and then went to jail...is really inspirational.

I honestly can't find the words to express my frustration with people like you. Supposed falcon fans cheering for the guy who stabbed everyone in the back and tortured animals. My mind can't comprehend it because it's just sick and insane.

Vick and his massive following is a fantastic example of just how bad our society is. We glorify people who should be shunned simply because they are a celebrity or play sports. If this guy was anyone's neighbor, just a regular joe who got arrested for torturing animals, no one would have anything to do with him. But because he's a football star.....well that changes everything doesn't it?

It just makes me sick..not only as a human being but as a falcons fan who can't believe people would cheer a traitor.

Born Again Georgian and T_wolf like this

Duce, how can you BEGIN to talk about what "systems" are better for Vick when WE WILL NEVER KNOW how well the systems in Atlanta would work because, by HIS OWN admission, he was 1) Lazy, 2) smoking weed 3) NEVER STUDYING FILM 4) First to leave practice and last to arrive 5) distracted by dog fighting.

Just ONCE, I want an answer from a Vick nuthugger to that question.

And, Duce, do you consider yourself a Falcon fan?

The namecalling is kind of childish, wouldn't you agree? I think we can have mature conversation/debate without lowering ourselves to the level of teenagers when people say things you do not agree with.

I was speaking strictly from a "right now" perspective. Right now, we know that he is having success in the system that Reid runs in Philadelphia. I don't think he wants to leave the system they run in Philadelphia because he's doing well in it.

You're right . . . we'll never know what could have been here had he done the right things, so . . . what's your point?

I like the Falcons and can appreciate and admire what Coach Smith, Ryan, and the organization has been doing over the past few years.

Same to you - and it is painfully obvious that you don't know me or my stand on Vick.

There is no wishful or irrational thinking on my part. I'm probably the most logical person you will ever encounter. In fact, most people who know me say I think and act like a computer. I see things when I look at situations and make logical assumptions - which may or may not be correct- but they are not irrational in any way.

The difference in my train of thought (and Vick's based on his own conversations) and yours is that you seem to think that Vick is still what he was - and that he needs that system to succeed. I disagree with that - and I think he does too, again based on observation and discussion.

You seem to think that all Vick would accomplish here is to go back to what he was? That he couldn't be a leader of this team - that he couldn't take this team to where it needs to go? Apparently, you have less belief in his abilities than he or I do. You must think that only having a team which can win without him as well as with him is the only way he can succeed? You truly believe he'd rather be an Eagle than a Falcon and I don't. That's the difference. Even when asked WHEN THE LIGHT CAME ON FOR HIM. When he knew he needed to step up his game and become a true QB happened - he says it was the end of 2006 - going into the 2007 year - BEFORE all the crap came down. He already knew how much he had destroyed of his career and wanted to turn it around. I remember excitedly talking about how great 2007 was going to be - the rumors of Vick working harder - wanting to take some control at the line. That was before our world came crashing down with BS all over the place. I was looking forward to it - so was he - but he never got the chance to show it - and now people like you believe that all he would ever be without the Eagles is the Mike Vick of old. I don't believe that for one minute.

The truth is - it's like Deion said - this is always home to him. If Vick could be back at the helm - back where he was without the baggage - with the mindset he has now - he would be happier than anything. He's said as much.

If you don't think he hasn't realized how much time he's wasted - and that he wishes he could reverse it and be all that he can be - you are just not observant or you aren't listening to the man.

He has made statements like he wanted to go to Carolina - so he could play Atlanta twice a year. He's said he thinks about it every day of his life - what he threw away and wishes he could get it back. He's said how much of his career he's thrown away. Now this - his ultimate wish is to beat Atlanta to get that storybook ending. Mind you - not Super Bowl - Atlanta.

Now, you can white wash it all you want if it makes you sleep better. I however, see it like I see it and will call it that way - even if it hurts your feelings or mistakenly makes you think I have an agenda - which is pretty laughable if you know me.

Merry Christmas to you and yours - I hope you do have a wonderful New Year!

And as my final word - I'll quote a man I admire:

Rise Up Falcon fans - THIS IS OUR TIME, ATLANTA!

Yes, I've heard him say that the "light" came on at the end of the '06 season which would make one think he started to change his ways before the dogfighting scandal hit. Personally, I believe that as you see trouble just on the horizon, you begin to change some of your ways. I think he knew big trouble was on the way and by the time he started to change his work habits, etc. it was way too late, the government was after him and it was a wrap.

I've always said getting sent to jail probably saved not only his career, but more importantly, his life.

Is Vick talented enough to fit in any "system?" Of course he is, especially since he's got his head on straight now. But, whatever they're doing in Philadelphia, he's bought into it and having success . . . alot of it. So, you may take from his comments that he regrets screwing up, misses friends/familiar faces in Atlanta, etc., and his just might, but, I think he's more than happy to be playing winning football on a high level in Philadelphia.

I think the happy ending he's referring to is giving everyone in Atlanta an up close and personal view of how much he's changed and matured since he left. Again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the meaning of his comment. And, for the record, I've heard him say he wants to contribute to getting the Eagles to the Super Bowl. I think his comment was in response to possibly meeting the Falcons on the way . . .

MarloStanfield likes this

No he is not bigger than the city and the falcons. He is bigger the the thugs to the idiots who dont understand the concept of football. To the individual worshipers not the team effot believers. He's a hero in atlanta to all the people that need to get in check with reality

Falconsken, YOu hit the nut on the head!! I mean the nail on the head. 100 percent!! Cheer Vick before or after if you must. But during? They gotta have a screw loose somewhere. Like I said earlier. I cheer the Cowboys when they play (I'm from Dallas). But when they play my Falcons. You better hold me down. All I cheer is Falcons then.

T_wolf likes this

I would cheer for Vick, who cares what u ppl say!!! im my own man some of u guys are followers...

Good for you dou€he bag, pay your money to get into a game to cheer on an even bigger dou€he bag. Why bother coming?

Calm down people. Vick said that for one reason - he absolutely hates it because he can't play for the Falcons ever again.

With all his new found success - trying to get his paycheck back - he knows he blew it - and he knows he will never be able to play again for the Falcons.

That eats him up - as well as probably seeing how successful Ryan is - and knowing Ryan is smart enough to work hard for what he gets has to bother him even more. Not only that, but Ryan has that amazing win percentage - has accomplished things that Vick couldn't in 6 years here - and knows Ryan will ultimately lead us to the Super Bowl - something else he didn't do in 6 years. He also knows Ryan is young and at the beginning - not ending of his career. Ryan has been in the league 3 years compared to Vick's 10. The type of football he plays and the way he studies the game - he's likely got another 10 - 12 years of football ahead of him. Maybe more.

Those comments are not really to be considered a knock on Falcon fans - it's more about how consumed he is by the Falcons. Watching us win - watching Ryan take this team places he never could - eats at him. Then, in the back of his mind - he knows he's 30 years old - has been in the NFL since 2001 - 10 years - and plays the game in a manner which causes him to take a lot of physical abuse. He knows his career is not going to be another 10 years - if he's extremely fortunate - he'll last another 3 or 4 years. It likely will be even less. He's a little desperate to make his mark now.

I seen you on these boards years ago Tandy, but the only thing Ryan has done that Vick didnt is have back to back winning seasons ,but wtf does that mean if he cant win a playoff game. Ryan has been beating Bum teams lately Matter a fact since hes been here.

Hes beat NFC west teams(Aka the worst division in the league) He beat a packers team because their starting RB is on IR and they have no run game to help set up play action passes. We Beat the Ravens at home, the saints because they missed a field goal and the Bucs&panthers all are horrible teams. Just being real here. I like the Falcons to, but Ryan wont ever be on Vicks level. Simply because Vick is a once in every generation type player. He is special, Ryan will be a good qb, but Vick will win a ring before Ryan will. Vick has done things Ryan hasnt also. He won us a playoff game his first season as a starter and he got us to the NFC game.

Ryan has been in the league 3 seasons and doesnt have 1 playoff win and if he faces a good team in the playoffs i hate to say it but he will be exposed. Did you not see what the Eagles back up QB Kevin Kolb did to us? I dont wanna see Vick in the playoffs at the dome because it will be ugly. There will be a huge divide in our fanbase and he would destroy us. Do you realize Andy Reid has had our number ever since we had Vick? You do realize that right? Vick has supernatural powers. The guy has superman tattooed on his hand for a reason. He put up 21pts in 7 minutes against the best defense in the NFC. Ryan probably wont ever have a comeback game like that in his career. However i still root for the Falcons but hey please dont say Vick is jealous of Ryan. If anything hes mad at himself for ruining his opportunity here.

MarloStanfield likes this

I seen you on these boards years ago Tandy, but the only thing Ryan has done that Vick didnt is have back to back winning seasons ,but wtf does that mean if he cant win a playoff game. Ryan has been beating Bum teams lately Matter a fact since hes been here.

Hes beat NFC west teams(Aka the worst division in the league) He beat a packers team because their starting RB is on IR and they have no run game to help set up play action passes. We Beat the Ravens at home, the saints because they missed a field goal and the Bucs&panthers all are horrible teams. Just being real here. I like the Falcons to, but Ryan wont ever be on Vicks level. Simply because Vick is a once in every generation type player. He is special, Ryan will be a good qb, but Vick will win a ring before Ryan will. Vick has done things Ryan hasnt also. He won us a playoff game his first season as a starter and he got us to the NFC game.

Ryan has been in the league 3 seasons and doesnt have 1 playoff win and if he faces a good team in the playoffs i hate to say it but he will be exposed. Did you not see what the Eagles back up QB Kevin Kolb did to us? I dont wanna see Vick in the playoffs at the dome because it will be ugly. There will be a huge divide in our fanbase and he would destroy us. Do you realize Andy Reid has had our number ever since we had Vick? You do realize that right? Vick has supernatural powers. The guy has superman tattooed on his hand for a reason. He put up 21pts in 7 minutes against the best defense in the NFC. Ryan probably wont ever have a comeback game like that in his career. However i still root for the Falcons but hey please dont say Vick is jealous of Ryan. If anything hes mad at himself for ruining his opportunity here.

Transparent Bias is a cruel, cruel mistress. The 'best defense' in the NFC (with more pts/game allowed than ATL) just got tattooed by the team who's RB is still on IR and can't "set up play action". But we can't talk about that, can we? Why? Because it doesn't feed your agenda. Vick is playing well, but anyone who describes him as superhuman clearly needs medication. Also, what does "we beat the Ravens at home" mean? Does that somehow devalue the win? You have an agenda, I get it. You love Mike Vick, I get it (I used to too). If not having him is too much to bear, I suggest becoming an Eagles fan. (I hear there's no test or anything). Have fun with that, and if your new team should end up coming to the dome, then you can cheer your little heart right out. And now, to see how that 'ignore' feature works...

This is Ryan's 3rd year. He has gotten us to the playoffs twice now in 3 years. That's more than any other QB did in their first 3 years with us.

He's only played in 1 playoff game - and lost on the road to the eventual NFC Champion - so the can't win playoff game angle is a little lame. Sorry. The guy has only completed 2 years so you can't even discuss no playoff wins for 3 years - because this season isn't over yet and again - he got us to post season so he may very well win more than one this year.

We have never had a QB take us to the Super Bowl and win it yet, but we have had one win the NFC Championship game (Chandler) back in the '98 season - been WAY too long now - we need to get back there and win another one.

Ryan has just begun his career - Vick is on the downside of his. He's playing amazingly right now - and I'm so happy for him - but this is his 10th year - and he takes a lot of hits because of his style of play. The human body - no matter how athletic or well maintained - can only take so much abuse before it starts to break down. Vick may not have another 3 or 4 years.

As for Vick winning a ring before Ryan - if Ryan can't do it in 9 or 10 years - then you can say that. If Vick won a ring this year - Ryan would still have another 7 years to accomplish it quicker.

But, this thread wasn't about Ryan - it was about Vick. I never said the words jealous - that's something you made up in your mind. I said he knows he blew it - knows he can't have it back - knows the team is having success without him - and it eats at him.

I said he sees what he threw away. I said it eats at him - which he's said himself. Seeing Ryan have success as a young QB just makes it worse because he knows what he threw away - he can't ever get those years back. If Vick had applied himself in the first part of his career - he may have gone down as the greatest QUARTERBACK to ever play the game - instead of the greatest athlete. He knows that. He also knows his time is limited now.

Look at McNabb - he came into the league 2 years before Vick - and he's taken a lot of abuse on his body too. It's taking it's toll now. I like McNabb and think he can still be a starter - but time and vicious hits on the body will eventually tone down the performance of any player - even a great athlete like Vick. In his mind - he knows this.

All you Vick haters dispute this!

Easy. Using the words"Easy schedule" together in conjunction with Atlanta makes the argument ridiculous on its face.

Note: YOu watched Montana KILL YOU with that "Dink and Dunk" Yeah> I bet you did hate continually losing to it.

Per Tandy: Look at McNabb - he came into the league 2 years before Vick - and he's taken a lot of abuse on his body too. It's taking it's toll now. I like McNabb and think he can still be a starter - but time and vicious hits on the body will eventually tone down the performance of any player - even a great athlete like Vick. In his mind - he knows this.

And don't be surprised if Eagles use Franchise Tag on Vick. They don't like spending big money on players over 30, especially one who is injury prone and literally took the money and ran with his previous team.

Per Duce: Yes, I've heard him say that the "light" came on at the end of the '06 season which would make one think he started to change his ways before the dogfighting scandal hit. Personally, I believe that as you see trouble just on the horizon, you begin to change some of your ways. I think he knew big trouble was on the way and by the time he started to change his work habits, etc. it was way too late, the government was after him and it was a wrap.

I think you're mistaken or Vick was caught up in his series of lies during this time because in the recent Sports Illustrated article about Vick he says as recent as last year (after his first season with the Eagles) he was still headed down the wrong path, hanging with the wrong people, etc. and the birthday party incident (where his co-conspirator got shot) "woke him up." I think it's just because he got caught and couldn't lie his way out of it and realized "Michael Vick is not invincible" that jail supposedly changed him. Who knows if he's really a changed person. Only Michael Vick does. But you know this crosses the Eagles front office minds when they're considering offering him a big contract with guaranteed money or just franchising him.

This is Ryan's 3rd year. He has gotten us to the playoffs twice now in 3 years. That's more than any other QB did in their first 3 years with us.

He's only played in 1 playoff game - and lost on the road to the eventual NFC Champion - so the can't win playoff game angle is a little lame. Sorry. The guy has only completed 2 years so you can't even discuss no playoff wins for 3 years - because this season isn't over yet and again - he got us to post season so he may very well win more than one this year.

We have never had a QB take us to the Super Bowl and win it yet, but we have had one win the NFC Championship game (Chandler) back in the '98 season - been WAY too long now - we need to get back there and win another one.

Ryan has just begun his career - Vick is on the downside of his. He's playing amazingly right now - and I'm so happy for him - but this is his 10th year - and he takes a lot of hits because of his style of play. The human body - no matter how athletic or well maintained - can only take so much abuse before it starts to break down. Vick may not have another 3 or 4 years.

As for Vick winning a ring before Ryan - if Ryan can't do it in 9 or 10 years - then you can say that. If Vick won a ring this year - Ryan would still have another 7 years to accomplish it quicker.

But, this thread wasn't about Ryan - it was about Vick. I never said the words jealous - that's something you made up in your mind. I said he knows he blew it - knows he can't have it back - knows the team is having success without him - and it eats at him.

I said he sees what he threw away. I said it eats at him - which he's said himself. Seeing Ryan have success as a young QB just makes it worse because he knows what he threw away - he can't ever get those years back. If Vick had applied himself in the first part of his career - he may have gone down as the greatest QUARTERBACK to ever play the game - instead of the greatest athlete. He knows that. He also knows his time is limited now.

Look at McNabb - he came into the league 2 years before Vick - and he's taken a lot of abuse on his body too. It's taking it's toll now. I like McNabb and think he can still be a starter - but time and vicious hits on the body will eventually tone down the performance of any player - even a great athlete like Vick. In his mind - he knows this.

I'm sure he regrets that he messed up during his time in Atlanta. But, to imply he dislikes or is envious or jealous of Matt Ryan because he's younger and the Falcons are having success is . . . well, it's almost comical. Especially, since he's having CRAZY success in Philadelphia and playing at a high level!

I think his motivation is becoming the best QB he can be, getting the most out of his talent the second time around, not because the Falcons and Ryan are doing well. LOL Do you honestly think the success of the Falcons bothers him?

Why is there such a Matt v. Vick topics on this site all the time. Matt is the QB of the Falcons. He's doing a great job. Same could be said for Vick in Philly. The Vick v. Ryan talk is just silly at this point. Vick isn't coming back and Ryan isn't Vick. Why do some of you feel the need to compare the two?

Atl/0 likes this

Story book ending only happens in fairy tales. He can come in and suffer an agonizing defeat as payback for not putting in a full effort to the Falcons organization and leaving the team in a lurch through his selfish acts. Now that would be called Karma. I believe in Karma more than I believe in fairy tales.

The Ravens are overrated. How can you not see that? 1 of the top defenses in the league doesn't give up a 90 yard TD drive with less than a minute in the game. The top defense doesn't give up 500 yards of total offense in a game. This is the reality of the Ravens. Yall kill me still talking about the ******* Ravens. The Falcons are the product of a easy schedule. We should be 12-2. It is no way you can compare what Ryan is doing to what Vick is doing. Vick is doing things no QB has ever done in the history of the game.

Vick is on pace (if he plays the last 2 games) to throw 25 passing TD's and rush for 10 with only 6 total turnovers. What QB has ever done that in the NFL? Ryan will never accomplish this feat. The turnovers would kill him alone.

Matt Ryan will quarterback the Falcons to a Super Bowl title with his dedication, intelligence, leadership, and willingness to be the best quarterback in the NFL for years to come.

Michael Vick may be flashy, he may make plays, but I will say the same thing that I said 6 years ago. "Flashy freaky athlete" Michael Vick will NEVER quarterback a team to a super bowl title...NEVER

Why is there such a Matt v. Vick topics on this site all the time. Matt is the QB of the Falcons. He's doing a great job. Same could be said for Vick in Philly. The Vick v. Ryan talk is just silly at this point. Vick isn't coming back and Ryan isn't Vick. Why do some of you feel the need to compare the two?

Because Vick is fun to watch and many people who don't understand the game of football wish he was still here. He's playing out of his mind, and that's great. But he will not win the super bowl with Eagles, and he will run himself into another injury this season or next.

Honestly, Vick has made my disdain for him actually increase since his return to the NFL.. Him admitting that he didn't give us 100% in Atlanta, Wanting to vote for himself as MVP. Honestly, the vibe I get from him is that he thinks he's better than Atlanta, and he's bitter about what happened. I think everything he has said about us since his return has been a big back-handed slap to the face. If we get to see him in the playoffs, I hope we knock him to the turf a time or two, and show him that Atlanta is better off without him.