Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateDogg1215

Vick said it would be a story book ending.........

244 posts in this topic

I'm just keeping it real. You can be sensitive all you like, but I'm black. I feel that black people are alway pulling for Vick. Black folk are the one's that are claiming that The Falcons did Vick wrong. Black folk, like myself were the blind ones that pretended that Vick was not doing anything wrong while in Atlanta. Just keep it real, brother.-

That's cool my good man, but you can't speak for all black people. The only thing you are doing is keeping it real ignorant. JMHO But hey, we all are entitled to our opinion. I guess you think because you are black , that is makes your comments less ignorant. But the thing is ignorance has no color.

Atl/0 and thanat0s like this

You are exactly right and while I'm lily white, I have experienced exactly what you are talking about. When I pass a group of older black men talking, they will clam up and look at me like I'm the devil. I can't say as I really blame them, giving what they've experienced but at some point they need to realize that not every white person judges them on their skin color. I've had discussions with some of my black co-workers and challenged them that if it were Peyton Manning that had done these things instead of Vick that they wouldn't defend him at all and the response is "that's different"...

I'm whiter than you!

You are exactly right and while I'm lily white, I have experienced exactly what you are talking about. When I pass a group of older black men talking, they will clam up and look at me like I'm the devil. I can't say as I really blame them, giving what they've experienced but at some point they need to realize that not every white person judges them on their skin color. I've had discussions with some of my black co-workers and challenged them that if it were Peyton Manning that had done these things instead of Vick that they wouldn't defend him at all and the response is "that's different"...

What you encountered can be said by all people of other races that pass by a larger crowd of another race. It happens. And I highly doubt that your co-workers can speak for everyone in their race. Since you stated that you were lily white, I can also doubt that all lily white people share the some thoughts or beliefs as you. So why group them? I have seen people regardless of race, on both sides of the fence about Vick.

Then those people aren't Falcon fans....if you root for any NFL player from another team over the Atlanta Falcons, especially when that player and his team are playing the Falcons.

It's that simple.

There is IMO a slight exception to this.

A tale of 2 Quarterbacks.

One QB was handed the keys to a city and amassed a Fortune, and blew it.

The other QB was kept to the sidelines, a good soldier and was ultimately given a team.

One QB disgust me on every level.

The Other QB I am proud of and will cheer for until he lines

up against our team.

The Other QB I am proud of and will cheer for until he lines

up against our team.

You reiterated my point right there...

I assume that you're talking about Schaub and Vick there. I can understand your feelings of good will towards Schaub and maybe not so much for Vick.....but you said it....once they go up against the Falcons you don't want to see anything but misery for either of them for 60 minutes....

Then after the imagined Falcon game you can root for Schaub to go to the Probowl and for Vick to step on a rusty nail.......

I get it..... ;)

Calm down people. Vick said that for one reason - he absolutely hates it because he can't play for the Falcons ever again.

With all his new found success - trying to get his paycheck back - he knows he blew it - and he knows he will never be able to play again for the Falcons.

That eats him up - as well as probably seeing how successful Ryan is - and knowing Ryan is smart enough to work hard for what he gets has to bother him even more. Not only that, but Ryan has that amazing win percentage - has accomplished things that Vick couldn't in 6 years here - and knows Ryan will ultimately lead us to the Super Bowl - something else he didn't do in 6 years. He also knows Ryan is young and at the beginning - not ending of his career. Ryan has been in the league 3 years compared to Vick's 10. The type of football he plays and the way he studies the game - he's likely got another 10 - 12 years of football ahead of him. Maybe more.

Those comments are not really to be considered a knock on Falcon fans - it's more about how consumed he is by the Falcons. Watching us win - watching Ryan take this team places he never could - eats at him. Then, in the back of his mind - he knows he's 30 years old - has been in the NFL since 2001 - 10 years - and plays the game in a manner which causes him to take a lot of physical abuse. He knows his career is not going to be another 10 years - if he's extremely fortunate - he'll last another 3 or 4 years. It likely will be even less. He's a little desperate to make his mark now.

Ummmm . . . I seriously doubt he is jealous of Matt Ryan and the Falcons when he is having a career year in Philadelphia. I might buy your angle if he were riding the bench and just coming in for a play or two during games . . . however, he's experiencing alot of success as a starter, so, why would he be envious of Matt Ryan? As a matter of fact, it can be argued that he's having a better individual season (even with missing a few games being injured) than Ryan. The only two people who are in legitimate consideration for MVP is Brady and Vick . . . so tell me again why would Ryan's success eat at him?

Does Mike still wish he were in Atlanta? Maybe, maybe not . . . but, he couldn't have found a better team and coach to play for than the Eagles and Reid. I do think he wants to come back and play well. (but, who wouldn't?) In other words, I think he wants to come to Atlanta and show everyone that he has matured and grown on and off the field. That is what I believe he was saying when he mentioned "having a story book ending."

Goal2Go, FalconinPA, J-Nice and 1 other like this

if they did the fan vote for the halftime show for a game against the iggles, don't you know frisbee dogs would win by a mile?

i'm with tandy a bit here. i think it eats at him knowing what he did to arthur and our organization. like the prodigal son, he wants to return to this building and perform. who wouldn't? in relationship terms, it's our job to let him know that we've found a hotter girl with a better personality and moved on. i'm glad he's doing well. just not against my team.

as for those referencing the flipping of the bird, i wish that people would actually remember what that was about. i sat down in that area. you had some jerks yelling some pretty rough stuff and roddy white, and it was vick who came to his defense. probably not the best way to come to his defense, lol, but he was sticking up for a teammate who was being hit with some racial stuff after he had played a horrible game (the infamous dropped td game referenced in the SI article this week). why do you think white cares about vick so much? vick was an idiot for doing it because it set off a firestorm of mess, but anyone down in that section knows he wasn't flipping atl fans off. he was flipping off some idiots trying to start mess. he should'e risen above it and just took roddy inside, but he didn't. the story went from there.

I had never heard that about the bird flipping incident. Great incite.

(He was still a turd.)

And nice relationship analogy.

What you encountered can be said by all people of other races that pass by a larger crowd of another race. It happens. And I highly doubt that your co-workers can speak for everyone in their race. Since you stated that you were lily white, I can also doubt that all lily white people share the some thoughts or beliefs as you. So why group them? I have seen people regardless of race, on both sides of the fence about Vick.

You know, I've never seen or been a part of a group of white people that quit talking and stared at a black person that's just simply passing by. Never experienced that. Don't know what other white people have experienced, other than those who have told me the same exact thing. Seems to me you are being a bit oversensitive on the subject as I haven't "grouped" anyone or anything...

vabchbirdlover likes this

I am white and bought 2 sewn letter, expensive vick jerseys when he was here and I wore them with absolute pride. So did many of my friends. When Vick got in trouble, I new I'd never put the jerseys on again. The city was completely behind Vick when he was here - white, black, young, old. He is now the enemy, and I will not support the enemy on our house. No matter what. In fact, I may burn my Vick jerseys at the tailgate if he comes to ATL . Unless someone here will pay me big bucks for them. I'll take any offer!!!

Go Falcons, Rise Up !!!!!

HolyMoses likes this

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe we are just a day away from one of the biggest regular season games in the history of the Atlanta Falcons and we still want to talk about an ex-Falcon. Geez. It's obvious to me that many good posters still have Vick issues. Haters and huggers.

I'm taking the high road like Blank. Dude made his decision early on. He decided Vick would never play here again. He moved on early in the process by forgiving him and offering his support in his rehab. He obviously still supports him but you can best bet he won't be cheering for him if we play him.

At this point I think both sides should take a page from Arthur Blank's book. The sooner we do this the better off we all will be. Trust me.

HolyMoses likes this

I hope we get our chance at Vick.............So Abe,Moore,Lofton,Biermann,Spoon,Grimes,

Dunta all get a shot to end his career for good.

im my own man some of u guys are followers...

There's a big 'ol plate of steamin' irony.

:lol::lol:

If he did say that then I don't want to hear anything else that Negro has to say.

And before anyone wants to play the race card and call me a racist, I'm Black and I'm a Falcons fan first.

Vick said yesterday it would be a storybook ending if he had a chance to come to Atlanta and beat us in the playoffs... what did the atlanta falcons ever do do this guy? he was the one that broke the law, he was the one that got himself in jail. we had to endure a horrendous season without our quarterback and Bobby Petrino. We were on the books for his salaries for what 3 years?......

he acts like we traded him, or got rid of him for no reason and he is out for revenge. i was happy for him this season when he was doing good because he seemed like a changed man, a man who learned from his mistakes and turned his life around. but to hear what he said yesterday was garbage.... a player who admitted he never gave 100% when he was a falcon. what a joke .... he thinks knocking the falcons out of the playoffs in the ATL is a "storybook ending"

i hope they do make it to the NFC championship so we can whoop the eagles. bring it

Vick never has been one of the brightest bulbs in the pack.

HolyMoses likes this

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe we are just a day away from one of the biggest regular season games in the history of the Atlanta Falcons and we still want to talk about an ex-Falcon. Geez. It's obvious to me that many good posters still have Vick issues. Haters and huggers.

I'm taking the high road like Blank. Dude made his decision early on. He decided Vick would never play here again. He moved on early in the process by forgiving him and offering his support in his rehab. He obviously still supports him but you can best bet he won't be cheering for him if we play him.

At this point I think both sides should take a page from Arthur Blank's book. The sooner we do this the better off we all will be. Trust me.

Sounds reasonable to me...

I swear i had a dream last night about this ! I dreamed the eagles came to the do

e and we beat that a** 28-21 !!!! it was very weird but we got it done and ido believe this is the way its going to go down!!!!! Lets go falcons

Sounds reasonable to me...

I wish it could happen but I have my doubts. There are several things I think we could rise up on. One is take high road on Vick. The other is stop begging for media love. Those two topics are taking away from a magical season.

How's it goin bro? You lovin this season? I am. I'm milking it for all it's worth. Great season.

I would cheer for him also. You gotta admit his story is very inspirational

Inspirational? How? He is a talented football player who got to play again. So what? It's not like anyone did him harm. He has an STD. He lied numerous times. He killed domesticated animals. He threw his career away and went to jail. You act as though he clawed his way back, like he was kept down and overcame a disease. His motivation was not to be poor, and because outside of football, he has nothing to offer. He got another chance, good for him, but to act like he is Mandella like is rediculous.

T_wolf likes this

I wish it could happen but I have my doubts. There are several things I think we could rise up on. One is take high road on Vick. The other is stop begging for media love. Those two topics are taking away from a magical season.

How's it goin bro? You lovin this season? I am. I'm milking it for all it's worth. Great season.

Yeah, I don't really care if everyone respects us or not. If we are hoisting that Lombardi, we'll get all the love and then some. As for Vick, I think the reasons for all the discussions are much more interesting than the discussion itself...lol

Going great man. Loving the season and still working through a bunch of videos...LOL

Hope you had a great Christmas and maybe we can get together for the playoffs!

Ummmm . . . I seriously doubt he is jealous of Matt Ryan and the Falcons when he is having a career year in Philadelphia. I might buy your angle if he were riding the bench and just coming in for a play or two during games . . . however, he's experiencing alot of success as a starter, so, why would he be envious of Matt Ryan? As a matter of fact, it can be argued that he's having a better individual season (even with missing a few games being injured) than Ryan. The only two people who are in legitimate consideration for MVP is Brady and Vick . . . so tell me again why would Ryan's success eat at him?

Does Mike still wish he were in Atlanta? Maybe, maybe not . . . but, he couldn't have found a better team and coach to play for than the Eagles and Reid. I do think he wants to come back and play well. (but, who wouldn't?) In other words, I think he wants to come to Atlanta and show everyone that he has matured and grown on and off the field. That is what I believe he was saying when he mentioned "having a story book ending."

You're wrong. He regrets it - it's in his words and his actions. Is he happy where he is - yeah - kinda - he's trying to claw back.

But, he absolutely knows what he threw away and said he thinks about it every day.

130 million dollar contract, wasted the first 10 years of his career and had Atlanta wrapped around his little finger.

Yeah - you best bet he is envious and he regrets it. That's why it would be a storybook ending for him. He knows he threw away the best thing he ever had in his life (other than his kids).

He also sees Ryan doing great things with this team - and he knows he could have - but didn't.

So, you can sugar coat it all you want - but down inside - you know it too - the man wishes he could have it back - and he can't.

Which is why the next best thing would be to try to knock Atlanta down - that's human nature.

Faithful Falcon and T_wolf like this

Yeah, I don't really care if everyone respects us or not. If we are hoisting that Lombardi, we'll get all the love and then some.

The sooner we learn this the better off we all will be. I just don't understand it but I guess I'm cut from a different cloth. I'd rather go underground, whoop as then celebrate a Lombardi. Even if we win the Lombardi I don't need media love.
As for Vick, I think the reasons for all the discussions are much more interesting than the discussion itself...lol
Vick is the most polarizing player in Falcon history. By far. Deion is the only thing close and he ain't even on the same planet. Unfortunately this chapter will be discussed for at least one more decade. I'm taking the high road. Like Blank.
Going great man. Loving the season and still working through a bunch of videos...LOLHope you had a great Christmas and maybe we can get together for the playoffs!
Good to hear. Hope you have a great 2011 bro. Take your time on the tapes. I'll probably need a fix when the season's over though. It would be great to watch a playoff game. Let me know.