Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateDogg1215

Vick said it would be a story book ending.........

244 posts in this topic

Vick said yesterday it would be a storybook ending if he had a chance to come to Atlanta and beat us in the playoffs... what did the atlanta falcons ever do do this guy? he was the one that broke the law, he was the one that got himself in jail. we had to endure a horrendous season without our quarterback and Bobby Petrino. We were on the books for his salaries for what 3 years?......

he acts like we traded him, or got rid of him for no reason and he is out for revenge. i was happy for him this season when he was doing good because he seemed like a changed man, a man who learned from his mistakes and turned his life around. but to hear what he said yesterday was garbage.... a player who admitted he never gave 100% when he was a falcon. what a joke .... he thinks knocking the falcons out of the playoffs in the ATL is a "storybook ending"

i hope they do make it to the NFC championship so we can whoop the eagles. bring it

What's even more confusing are the so called "fans" in Atlanta that feel the same way and hate on the Blank and the Falcons like they did something to Vick too. Every time I hear someone talk about how they hope Vick and the Falcons meet in the playoffs so he can pay the Falcons back for what "they did to him" I shake my head cause I can't understand wth "they" did to Vick. I was the biggest Vick fan in the world but even I knew what went down was his fault and his alone. It has become THE dumbest thing ever.

11=team likes this

What's even more confusing are the so called "fans" in Atlanta that feel the same way and hate on the Blank and the Falcons like they did something to Vick too. Every time I hear someone talk about how they hope Vick and the Falcons meet in the playoffs so he can pay the Falcons back for what "they did to him" I shake my head cause I can't understand wth "they" did to Vick. I was the biggest Vick fan in the world but even I knew what went down was his fault and his alone. It has become THE dumbest thing ever.

Bro it's all iggnorance. Cant see past vicks nutts. We have a stable QB who wont be a liability off the field and gets it done on the field three years straight. Something vick couldn't do b2b years

11=team likes this

So the article was posted and he gives respect to the team here and some of you still whine like babies. Get a life. He comes here and beat us I won't be mad. Yopu all can kiss all my tail to question my loyalty. You still cry like children even after what has happen you don't have a 1 man team. You have a team that does nothing but finds a way to win. You talk about the better end of the stick we got it here. Get a life and quit griping about everything Mike is doing or what he says. His era is over here. Matt Ryan is the qb of this team. We have plenty of weapons that will be ready for the challenge of Mike and the Eagles.

Hey I agree with you, but if the eagles came to the Dome to play us in the NFC CHampionship game some people would cheer for him. Do I care if they cheer for him before the game? no. WOuld I care if people cheered for him during the game? **** yea, we would be 1 win away from a Super Bowl and people would be cheering for him.

That the only problem I have with this, Cheer for him before and after the game, but during a game it shuld be about the Falcons and I doubt it would 100 percent about the Falcons.

Hey I agree with you, but if the eagles came to the Dome to play us in the NFC CHampionship game some people would cheer for him. Do I care if they cheer for him before the game? no. WOuld I care if people cheered for him during the game? **** yea, we would be 1 win away from a Super Bowl and people would be cheering for him.

That the only problem I have with this, Cheer for him before and after the game, but during a game it shuld be about the Falcons and I doubt it would 100 percent about the Falcons.

If this game happens, MV7 will be cheered for, before, during and after the game. In this city, MV7 is bigger than the Falcons. Forever and a day...

Accept it. I saw the man fly.

If this game happens, MV7 will be cheered for, before, during and after the game. In this city, MV7 is bigger than the Falcons. Forever and a day...

No he is not bigger than the city and the falcons. He is bigger the the thugs to the idiots who dont understand the concept of football. To the individual worshipers not the team effot believers. He's a hero in atlanta to all the people that need to get in check with reality

No he is not bigger than the city and the falcons. He is bigger the the thugs to the idiots who dont understand the concept of football. To the individual worshipers not the team effot believers. He's a hero in atlanta to all the people that need to get in check with reality

Watch the Eagles play at 8:30 tonight! See MV7 Baby!!!!

I disagree. I am a Saints fan. If Brees signed with another team and then came to the dome to play the saints I would cheer for the Saints not Brees. No player is above a team. The way I see it, a true Falcon fan would never cheer for vick when he plays the falcons.

IceStone, Geneaut, thanat0s and 1 other like this

I disagree. I am a Saints fan. If Brees signed with another team and then came to the dome to play the saints I would cheer for the Saints not Brees. No player is above a team. The way I see it, a true Falcon fan would never cheer for vick when he plays the falcons.

That's your problem.

ukfalc likes this

Calm down people. Vick said that for one reason - he absolutely hates it because he can't play for the Falcons ever again.

With all his new found success - trying to get his paycheck back - he knows he blew it - and he knows he will never be able to play again for the Falcons.

That eats him up - as well as probably seeing how successful Ryan is - and knowing Ryan is smart enough to work hard for what he gets has to bother him even more. Not only that, but Ryan has that amazing win percentage - has accomplished things that Vick couldn't in 6 years here - and knows Ryan will ultimately lead us to the Super Bowl - something else he didn't do in 6 years. He also knows Ryan is young and at the beginning - not ending of his career. Ryan has been in the league 3 years compared to Vick's 10. The type of football he plays and the way he studies the game - he's likely got another 10 - 12 years of football ahead of him. Maybe more.

Those comments are not really to be considered a knock on Falcon fans - it's more about how consumed he is by the Falcons. Watching us win - watching Ryan take this team places he never could - eats at him. Then, in the back of his mind - he knows he's 30 years old - has been in the NFL since 2001 - 10 years - and plays the game in a manner which causes him to take a lot of physical abuse. He knows his career is not going to be another 10 years - if he's extremely fortunate - he'll last another 3 or 4 years. It likely will be even less. He's a little desperate to make his mark now.

Dont forget he's the one that admitted that when he was in ATL he was not practicing and playing to his full potential. Those are Vick's words basically slapping all Falcons fans in the face.

Not to mention giving the finger to the fans.

Old black men are always the most ignorant

Edit: Apologies go out to any older black real atlanta falcon fans who also have atleast half a brain, these nut huggers severely pi$$ me off

:lol::lol: . Can't believe you make an ignorant post like this and then edit it with an apology. Its sterotyping nut huggers like you that piss alot of people more than the Vick huggers. Incredible!

Well, Rev is always pulling for FRISBEE DOGS for the half time shows. Maybe we could find some PIT BULL frisbee dogs that have been given the Deep Blue Sea treatment . . .

HEY!!! I'm on to something here: People are also trying to get Samuel Jackson here to do the RISE UP thing . . . . I'm seeing a Deep Blue Sea sequel except with FRISBEE DOGS!!! And instead of Samuel Jackson getting chomped, it's VICK!!!! And not after the game, but at some crucial moment when Vick was trying to rally the Eagles . . .

I guess the sun shines on a dog's tush sometimes, that's sort of hilarious.

Reading the full text about what Vick said about a possible NFC Championship Game with Atlanta, I didn't find anything particularly wrong or bad about his comments....

I totally agree with you Gritzblitzer., which I do about 95 percent of the time. The OP pulled off a good Espn, NFL type story twist. He didn't say who would be doing the storybook. A storybook closing would be a Falcons win.

Vick didn't say all of that. Most of this is media hype. They already talked him into saying that he would vote for himself as MVP. I never heard the man talking down on us. He said that playing us in the NFC Championship game would help close a chapter in his life. In reality, he's giving props to Matt Ryan. Vick is in his own way telling all of these bandwagon fans to move on. This is Matt Ryan's team, black folk, get over it. I am black, and ashamed of half of these fans.

This!

There are no Falcons fans who are Vick fans. The two cannot exist in the same space. Those people will tell you all day long that they are, but don't believe it. It's like saying you're best friends with a guy who beat up your sister.

Vick didn't say all of that. Most of this is media hype. They already talked him into saying that he would vote for himself as MVP. I never heard the man talking down on us. He said that playing us in the NFC Championship game would help close a chapter in his life. In reality, he's giving props to Matt Ryan. Vick is in his own way telling all of these bandwagon fans to move on. This is Matt Ryan's team, black folk, get over it. I am black, and ashamed of half of these fans.

This post reminds me of the Giants defense last week. It was excellent until the last two sentences.

Falconsken likes this

One thing a lot of people on this MB have failed to grasp so far is the following:

The extremists on both sides of whatever this Vick debate is love it when the "other side" gets pizzed off. That is why they are here and make these posts.

Even though the polar opposite stances are annoying the worst thing you can do is to either express anger or try to argue with them. They don't care. They are only here to pizz you off.

Vick is either Jesus reincarnate or the illegitimate son of Charles Manson.

The rest of us will just watch the Falcons and enjoy them and the great season they're having.

Atl/0, Geneaut, FalconinPA and 2 others like this

One thing a lot of people on this MB have failed to grasp so far is the following:

The extremists on both sides of whatever this Vick debate is love it when the "other side" gets pizzed off. That is why they are here and make these posts.

Even though the polar opposite stances are annoying the worst thing you can do is to either express anger or try to argue with them. They don't care. They are only here to pizz you off.

The rest of us will just watch the Falcons and enjoy them and the great season they're having.

+1 excellent post!

Well, Rev is always pulling for FRISBEE DOGS for the half time shows. Maybe we could find some PIT BULL frisbee dogs that have been given the Deep Blue Sea treatment . . .

HEY!!! I'm on to something here: People are also trying to get Samuel Jackson here to do the RISE UP thing . . . . I'm seeing a Deep Blue Sea sequel except with FRISBEE DOGS!!! And instead of Samuel Jackson getting chomped, it's VICK!!!! And not after the game, but at some crucial moment when Vick was trying to rally the Eagles . . .

if they did the fan vote for the halftime show for a game against the iggles, don't you know frisbee dogs would win by a mile?

i'm with tandy a bit here. i think it eats at him knowing what he did to arthur and our organization. like the prodigal son, he wants to return to this building and perform. who wouldn't? in relationship terms, it's our job to let him know that we've found a hotter girl with a better personality and moved on. i'm glad he's doing well. just not against my team.

as for those referencing the flipping of the bird, i wish that people would actually remember what that was about. i sat down in that area. you had some jerks yelling some pretty rough stuff and roddy white, and it was vick who came to his defense. probably not the best way to come to his defense, lol, but he was sticking up for a teammate who was being hit with some racial stuff after he had played a horrible game (the infamous dropped td game referenced in the SI article this week). why do you think white cares about vick so much? vick was an idiot for doing it because it set off a firestorm of mess, but anyone down in that section knows he wasn't flipping atl fans off. he was flipping off some idiots trying to start mess. he should'e risen above it and just took roddy inside, but he didn't. the story went from there.

HolyMoses and J-Nice like this

so true.

This post reminds me of the Giants defense last week. It was excellent until the last two sentences.

I'm just keeping it real. You can be sensitive all you like, but I'm black. I feel that black people are alway pulling for Vick. Black folk are the one's that are claiming that The Falcons did Vick wrong. Black folk, like myself were the blind ones that pretended that Vick was not doing anything wrong while in Atlanta. Just keep it real, brother.-

capologist likes this

I'm just keeping it real. You can be sensitive all you like, but I'm black. I feel that black people are alway pulling for Vick. Black folk are the one's that are claiming that The Falcons did Vick wrong. Black folk, like myself were the blind ones that pretended that Vick was not doing anything wrong while in Atlanta. Just keep it real, brother.-

You are exactly right and while I'm lily white, I have experienced exactly what you are talking about. When I pass a group of older black men talking, they will clam up and look at me like I'm the devil. I can't say as I really blame them, giving what they've experienced but at some point they need to realize that not every white person judges them on their skin color. I've had discussions with some of my black co-workers and challenged them that if it were Peyton Manning that had done these things instead of Vick that they wouldn't defend him at all and the response is "that's different"...