Falcons' Biermann fined $15K in latest wave of NFL sanctions

Ando

I was thinking the same. It looked like a clean hit to me, its ridicuous like i said in another thread. Soon it will get to the point where players will be to afraid to tackle the ball carrier cause they will be afraid of a fine. :angry:

I don't think it was a devastating hit at all, but I get why he was fined.

What I don't get is how people are getting fined for penalties like facemasks, roughing the passer (Not helmet-to-helmet), and unnecessary roughness (Late hits).

Those are all penalties that are apart of the game, there is entirely no reason to be fining people for those. I understand if it's helmet-to-helmet, because the NFL is trying to protect their players from head injuries, but seriously.. some of these are just down right stupid.

The problem with the helmet to helmet is a defender comes in simultaneously trying to tip the pass so he is up high while trying to make the sack. If it's because Kroy drove him to the ground then I don't agree with that either because the QB stayed up and Bierman was too high and had to force him down.

For once I actually agree with what Sapp said on Inside the NFL. Protecting the players is fine but they should have defined the rule before the season to ensure they adjusted to the proper technique.

For once I actually agree with what Sapp said on Inside the NFL. Protecting the players is fine but they should have defined the rule before the season to ensure they adjusted to the proper technique.

Yeah agreed. Jamie Dukes was going off about pretty big time last night on NFL network, he got to be rather hilarious actually.

I've heard Godell say that there will be a new CBA by the Super Bowl. I've also heard it said that the 18 game regular season schedule will happen.

I think the players have to get something out of this negotiation as well. I think the 18 games schedule is too much, but I really hate all these fines and penalties. It is one thing if it is a vicious hit, but these are routine plays. Helmets are worn to protect the head. If one guys is going to hit or tackle another, it is not without reason to think there heads would touch. You don't have to aim for the head in order to graze it.

The NFL is out of control with these fines in so many cases. Just like a few years ago when the did away with the 5 yard face mask. They need to do away with this if you graze the head its a penalty and fine. If that is the case, then you might as well play 2 hand touch. I don't know, maybe Godell is working towards offenses scoring on every play. Tackling and hitting is going to be completely illegal soon. At least scoring will be way up.