SS:

Lawyer Milloy

K:

Jay Feely

P:

Michael Koenen

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

Let me know if you agree/disagree with this.

I gave players a general 1-100 grade based on how good I felt they were for the most part. Added a point for every year they started during that decade. Added a point for every pro bowl they got in a falcon uniform in that decade. The player with the highest score for each position got to be on my all decade team. I would like to do this with other decaded, but I am fairly young and my fanhood only goes back so far.

Some of this list I am pretty iffy about.

example: peerless price, claridge, and demarrio williams at the linebacker position. But I looked at the other eligible guys and I decided that those were the best.

Edited by Captain Falcon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB:

Michael Vick

HB:

Warrick Dunn

FB:

Ovie Mughelli

WR:

Roddy White

Peerless Price

Brian Finneran

TE:

Alge Crumpler

LT:

Bob Whitefield

LG:

Travis Claridge

C:

Todd McClure

RG:

Kynan Forney

RT:

Todd Weiner

LE:

Patrick Kerney

RE:

John Abraham

DT:

Rod Coleman

Grady Jackson

LOLB:

Michael Boley

MLB:

Keith Brooking

ROLB:

Demarrio Williams

CB:

Deangelo Hall

Ray Buchanan

Juran Bolden

FS:

Corey Hall

SS:

Lawyer Milloy

K:

Jay Feely

P:

Chris Mohr

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

I gave players a general 1-100 grade based on how good I felt they were for the most part. Added a point for every year they started during that decade. Added a point for every pro bowl they got in a falcon uniform in that decade. The player with the highest score for each position got to be on my all decade team. I would like to do this with other decaded, but I am fairly young and my fanhood only goes back so far.

Brooking played OLB...

QB:

Michael Vick---------------------MATT RYAN (Our Mike Vick wasn't the Vick of today)

HB:

Warrick Dunn-------------------MICHAEL TURNER

FB:

Ovie Mughelli

WR:

Roddy White

Peerless Price (LOL)------------I'll just cut the list down to White and Finneran (Its been that bad)...

Brian Finneran

TE:

Alge Crumpler (I will give the nod to the young Crumpler over the aging Gonzo)

LT:

Bob Whitefield

LG:

Travis Claridge

C:

Todd McClure

RG:

Kynan Forney (Forney was garbage for all but two years)--------HARVEY DAHL

RT:

Todd Weiner

LE:

Patrick Kerney

RE:

John Abraham

DT:

Rod Coleman

Grady Jackson -------------------JONATHAN BABINEAUX (Far superior player, though I loved Grady)

LOLB:

Michael Boley

MLB:

Keith Brooking ------------------------CURTIS LOFTON

ROLB:

Demarrio Williams --------------------KEITH BROOKING (Best positionally here)

CB:

Deangelo Hall

Ray Buchanan (Old by 00's)---------------DUNTA ROBINSON (We haven't had many of his caliber)

Juran Bolden -------------------------------KEVIN MATHIS (LOVED his hustle, heart, and ability)

FS:

Corey Hall (a true TOSS UP)

SS:

Lawyer Milloy

K:

Jay Feely ------------------------------MORTEN ANDERSEN (Loved knowing it was in, even with no power)

P:

Chris Mohr ------------------------------MICHAEL KOENEN (Gotta give it to the "Franchised Punter." haha)

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

My opinion.

QB:

Michael Vick---------------------MATT RYAN (Our Mike Vick wasn't the Vick of today) Our Vick was still a 3 time pro bowler. We had a QB who went to the pro bowl 3x in that decade. He has to make the all decade team.

HB:

Warrick Dunn-------------------MICHAEL TURNER Turner was only good during the 08 year. Remember this list goes from 00-09. Turner's one good year doesn't overshadow Dunn's many many good seasons in a Falcons uniform.

FB:

Ovie Mughelli

WR:

Roddy White

Peerless Price (LOL)------------I'll just cut the list down to White and Finneran (Its been that bad)...It really is pretty sad.

Brian Finneran

TE:

Alge Crumpler (I will give the nod to the young Crumpler over the aging Gonzo) I do think Gonzo's one year in atlanta (during that decade) was better than any of Crumplers years.... but not them combined.

LT:

Bob Whitefield

LG:

Travis Claridge

C:

Todd McClure

RG:

Kynan Forney (Forney was garbage for all but two years)--------HARVEY DAHL Forney almost went to the pro bowl one year. I thought he was pretty good

RT:

Todd Weiner

LE:

Patrick Kerney

RE:

John Abraham

DT:

Rod Coleman

Grady Jackson -------------------JONATHAN BABINEAUX (Far superior player, though I loved Grady)Babs has only been a monster for one year in that decade

LOLB:

Michael Boley

MLB:

ROLB:

Demarrio Williams --------------------KEITH BROOKING (Best positionally here) Okay, I think you may just be right on this.

CB:

Deangelo Hall

Ray Buchanan (Old by 00's)---------------DUNTA ROBINSON (We haven't had many of his caliber)Robinson is new to the 2010 season therefore he doesn't qualify for the 00s all decade team.

Juran Bolden -------------------------------KEVIN MATHIS (LOVED his hustle, heart, and ability) He was the ultimate nickel back, but Bolden was a more solid overall corner

FS:

SS:

Lawyer Milloy

K:

Jay Feely ------------------------------MORTEN ANDERSEN (Loved knowing it was in, even with no power)

P:

Chris Mohr ------------------------------MICHAEL KOENEN (Gotta give it to the "Franchised Punter." haha)

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

My opinion.

QB:

Michael Vick---------------------MATT RYAN (Our Mike Vick wasn't the Vick of today) Our Vick was still a 3 time pro bowler. We had a QB who went to the pro bowl 3x in that decade. He has to make the all decade team.

HB:

Warrick Dunn-------------------MICHAEL TURNER Turner was only good during the 08 year. Remember this list goes from 00-09. Turner's one good year doesn't overshadow Dunn's many many good seasons in a Falcons uniform.

FB:

Ovie Mughelli

WR:

Roddy White

Peerless Price (LOL)------------I'll just cut the list down to White and Finneran (Its been that bad)...It really is pretty sad.

Brian Finneran

TE:

Alge Crumpler (I will give the nod to the young Crumpler over the aging Gonzo) I do think Gonzo's one year in atlanta (during that decade) was better than any of Crumplers years.... but not them combined.

LT:

Bob Whitefield

LG:

Travis Claridge

C:

Todd McClure

RG:

Kynan Forney (Forney was garbage for all but two years)--------HARVEY DAHL Forney almost went to the pro bowl one year. I thought he was pretty good

RT:

Todd Weiner

LE:

Patrick Kerney

RE:

John Abraham

DT:

Rod Coleman

Grady Jackson -------------------JONATHAN BABINEAUX (Far superior player, though I loved Grady)Babs has only been a monster for one year in that decade

LOLB:

Michael Boley

MLB:

ROLB:

Demarrio Williams --------------------KEITH BROOKING (Best positionally here) Okay, I think you may just be right on this.

CB:

Deangelo Hall

Ray Buchanan (Old by 00's)---------------DUNTA ROBINSON (We haven't had many of his caliber)Robinson is new to the 2010 season therefore he doesn't qualify for the 00s all decade team.

Juran Bolden -------------------------------KEVIN MATHIS (LOVED his hustle, heart, and ability) He was the ultimate nickel back, but Bolden was a more solid overall corner

FS:

SS:

Lawyer Milloy

K:

P:

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

Cool cool on your comeback arguments, but did you forget that Alge Crumpler DESTROYED teams for us at the TE position. Gonzo's year last year is right on par with Crumplers best years.. Look specifically at 2005, crumpler, vs. 2009, gonzo.. Crumpler made more plays on the run, creating, because he outgained and nearly matched TD-wise Gonzo's production with 18 fewer receptions. CRUMP

Crump...

2004) 14 games, 48 rec, 774 yds, 6 TDs

2005) 16 games, 65 rec, 877 yds, 5 TDs

2006) 16 games, 56 rec, 780 yds, 8 TDs

Gonzo...

2009) 16 games, 83 rec, 863 yds, 6 TDs

Nearly half the receptions in 2004, similar numbers..

I am almost positive Vick went to the pro-bowl twice because the NFL lets fan votes, and Vick was popular. It was in no way shape or form because of the fact that he was good. He was just popular.

Dude, so many haters! Vick was popular because he was really good! Yes he wasn't the best thrower, but he won many games on his own just with his feet. Saying he wasn't good at all, you are proving that you are just bitter because of what would go on to happen. The guy was still one of the best in the league.

Seriously ... the only player I would bring back would be Michael Boley over Stephen Nicholas ... and that's just by a small fraction ... I wouldn't take Pile Jumping Brooking for Coy Wire ... I'm serious that the team that we field week in and week out is better than any team we had thru the 2000's ...

Matt Ryan > 3 Years into career Michael Vick UPGRADE

Michael Turner / Healthy Norwood / Snelling > Dunn / Duckett ( I loved Duckett before he started that tip toe'n crap ) When you add Vick to the mix D.V.D. is hard to argue over ... but I still see it as UPGRADE

Roddy White > "I hate yall'" Peerless Price NOT EVEN CLOSE UPGRADE

Older Gonzo = Younger Alge ... This is the only one you can argue over PUSH

Total Today's OL > Older OL that Vick had to scramble constantly because defenders were in the backfield more than our RBs UPGRADE

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Abe > Kerney UPGRADE

Kerney = Beirmann They both play with a great motor, can't count them out on any play

Jerry reminds me of a young Grady ... I loved Grady **** of a run stuffer UPGRADE

Peters has impressed me a lot ... I hated this pick but that's why I'm a fan and not working for the Falcons ... What the **** do I know

Lofton > Brooking, Lofton reminds me of Tuggle UPGRADE

Weatherspoon > D. William, I hated to see D.Will leave but Spoon hits harder and has the same nose for the ball D.WIll had UPGRADE

Boley > Peterson DOWNGRADE

Robinson / GrimeTime > D.Hall / Cash / Rossum - Remember this D. Franks is a BEAST and he will add to the UPGRADE when he's healthy

DeCoud > Milloy

Moore is becoming a BEAST ... I used to worry about facing passing teams but not I'm confident that we will not give up big plays or get picked apart by teams ... For the first time in God knows how long we can seriously shut any team down running or passing ... Our Defense doesn't get the credit it deserves ... I know a lot of it has to do with POS on Offense but when our D is on the field it does what it has to to get our team the ball back ...

This team is better than the 98 team by a long shot ... and we have players that are not even on the field due to injuries ... how powerful would we be if we had Norwood, Franks, Meier, Snelling, Sidbury healthy ??? I believe Trey Lewis hasn't been playing due to injuries as well ... I may be wrong on that ...

Agree with:

QB:

Michael Vick

FB:

Ovie Mughelli

WR:

Roddy White

Brian Finneran

LT:

Bob Whitfield

C:

Todd McClure

RT:

Todd Weiner

LE:

Patrick Kerney

RE:

John Abraham

DT:

Rod Coleman

MLB:

Keith Brooking

CB:

Ray Buchanon

KR/PR:

Allen Rossum

FS:

Corey Hall

RG:

Kynan Forney

SS:

Lawyer Milloy

Indifferent (don't agree or disagree):

CB:

DeAngelo Hall

K:

Jay Feely

P:

Chris Mohr

TE:

Alge Crumpler (This could be Gonzo, but he hasn't been here long)

Disagree (Who SHOULD be there):

HB:

Warrick Dunn (Michael Turner, even though I loved Dunn, Turner has been GREAT)

DT: Grady Jackson (I would put Babs here)

Linebackers:

Move Brooking to outside, Lofton goes at MLB, Demorrio at other outside.

At first I thought this was a terrible list, but as I thought about it I couldn't find many more.

Dude, so many haters! Vick was popular because he was really good! Yes he wasn't the best thrower, but he won many games on his own just with his feet. Saying he wasn't good at all, you are proving that you are just bitter because of what would go on to happen. The guy was still one of the best in the league.

This list is bogus, cause vick played most of the decade for us... But since this is a team sport.. Ill take ryan and our first back to back winning seasons.. And at TE.. I love crump but it is not all about rec. how about blocking, and Gonzo is better.

Disagree (Who SHOULD be there):

HB:

Warrick Dunn (Michael Turner, even though I loved Dunn, Turner has been GREAT)

DT: Grady Jackson (I would put Babs here)

Linebackers:

Move Brooking to outside, Lofton goes at MLB, Demorrio at other outside.

At first I thought this was a terrible list, but as I thought about it I couldn't find many more.

I was going to post the EXACT same thing, except I'd probably throw Blalock into the O-Line mix. I was even considering throwing Jenks in, but that's just because of how awful I thought the Peerless Price experiment was.

(Edit: Think I may be a little higher on Boley also.)

Edited by Master Exploder