question for you guys

RYNE

Has there ever been a patch for madden 11 with the way the computer breaks tackle. I have never seen a game where (if your playing on all madden) you can't tackle anyone. I hit the ball carrier 5 yards deep with lofton and he just bounces right off. I can see that once in a while depending on the runner but not everytime. Also I have had many players break 5 to 6 tackles on me for td drives. I have never had a problem with this until this year. And I am not saying I'm great at the game but I am pretty good at it. So I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I posted this in another thread related to this, but a large portion of missed tackles result from people using the hit stick. People tend to forget that the hit stick was designed as a hit or miss type tackle. If you connect with a hit stick a fumble is more likely to occur than a basic tackle. Another thing that might be causing missed tackles is going for the strip. Again, high risk/high reward. What I learned to stop doing is going for the hit sticks and strips unless I know that there are other defenders waiting.

I posted this in another thread related to this, but a large portion of missed tackles result from people using the hit stick. People tend to forget that the hit stick was designed as a hit or miss type tackle. If you connect with a hit stick a fumble is more likely to occur than a basic tackle. Another thing that might be causing missed tackles is going for the strip. Again, high risk/high reward. What I learned to stop doing is going for the hit sticks and strips unless I know that there are other defenders waiting.

So what do you do just run into them???? I think your right I do usually go for hit stick. I looked in the book and there is nothing like to just "form" tackle so how do you do it

So what do you do just run into them???? I think your right I do usually go for hit stick. I looked in the book and there is nothing like to just "form" tackle so how do you do it

He's right. All you do is just run into him and they tackle just fine. Although runners such as Turner, A.P. and Jackson, etc... tend to bounce of for second chances. It's not to much you can do about that

He's right. All you do is just run into him and they tackle just fine. Although runners such as Turner, A.P. and Jackson, etc... tend to bounce of for second chances. It's not to much you can do about that

I usually use the x button(360) once I'm squared up to make contact and rapidly tap it if I'm engaged to reduce broken tackles.

Especially for the big guys you just named.

Chances are you'll drag them down... or at least get drug 4 more yards first. ^_^

I usually use the x button(360) once I'm squared up to make contact and rapidly tap it if I'm engaged to reduce broken tackles.

Chances are you'll drag them down... or at least get drug 4 more yards first. ^_^

is the X button on 360 like the strafe or whatever?? i play on PS3 so i have no idea. You cant just run into them. I tried that and i didnt do anything. I stack the box and still get ran all over. like the computer usually goes for about 175 on me. i cant stand the 6 broken tackles on the way to touchdown ****

I don't ususally have much luck with the X button. :( I gave up using the hit stick and tried the run into method and it works like a charm. I'm about to try the X button in a second since I finally downloaded the new update lol

is the X button on 360 like the strafe or whatever?? i play on PS3 so i have no idea. You cant just run into them. I tried that and i didnt do anything. I stack the box and still get ran all over. like the computer usually goes for about 175 on me. i cant stand the 6 broken tackles on the way to touchdown ****

The X button can be used to dive at someone also. So whatever that button would be on the PS3. Can't tell you the last time I acutally looked at the instruction booklet, but I believe it's actually listed as the tackle button.

You may have to check me on that, though.

I don't ususally have much luck with the X button. :( I gave up using the hit stick and tried the run into method and it works like a charm. I'm about to try the X button in a second since I finally downloaded the new update lol

Yeah, I think the key is timing it a second before you make contact. If you press it too far away he'll dive at him.

But you are right... at the very least if you just run into him, at least you know you won't miss him. If you press x, or use the hit stick, there's the possibility to miss the guy.

Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.

Yeah, I think the key is timing it a second before you make contact. If you press it too far away he'll dive at him.

But you are right... at the very least if you just run into him, at least you know you won't miss him. If you press x, or use the hit stick, there's the possibility to miss the guy.

Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.

Works like a charm. You have to hit it when you are at least arms length of the runner for it to work right. Also works perfectly when you have a good angle. Thanks for the advice

God madden is frustrating. I miss the old PS2 maddens. I loved the game play. Seems like the maddens have just been getting worse as far as game play is concerned. But this years is outta control with the computer run game. Its like they got cheat codes going.

God madden is frustrating. I miss the old PS2 maddens. I loved the game play. Seems like the maddens have just been getting worse as far as game play is concerned. But this years is outta control with the computer run game. Its like they got cheat codes going.

One thing a lot of Madden complainers fail to realize is most of the time it's the gamer and not the game. Well that goes for any game. I complain about COD because I'm not good with FPS. I have had problems with the CPU breaking tackles but I do the same so its actually even. I give up between 50-100 rushing ypg. Try changing your playing style. Seems like you're to aggressive. The game really isn't as bad as people have said but u can't please everyone.

Yea, if you are stacking the box and playing on all madden, chances are one good block on a heavy blitz and the RB is going to have a nice long gain. On PS3, the tackle button is square. I'm not sure why running into the ball carrier isn't working for you, because it works for me. If you know it's going to be a run play, try your best not to pinch your D-line. For some reason when you pinch your D-Line on a running play, it allows the O-line to block everyone into a group. If I come out in a zone and I think they may be trying to run, I will audible into man to man coverage. for some reason it just works better. Also, if you spend alot of time in Dime or Quarter packages, don't expect alot of easy stops. If you want to stop the run you need to be running 4-3 or nickel. Corners get bounced off the runningbacks like crazy. Let me know if this stuff is working for you. Not trying to brag, but when I was playing Madden online before I got deployed I was like 55 Wins and 13 losses. So I like to think I know what I am talking about :)

Yea, if you are stacking the box and playing on all madden, chances are one good block on a heavy blitz and the RB is going to have a nice long gain. On PS3, the tackle button is square. I'm not sure why running into the ball carrier isn't working for you, because it works for me. If you know it's going to be a run play, try your best not to pinch your D-line. For some reason when you pinch your D-Line on a running play, it allows the O-line to block everyone into a group. If I come out in a zone and I think they may be trying to run, I will audible into man to man coverage. for some reason it just works better. Also, if you spend alot of time in Dime or Quarter packages, don't expect alot of easy stops. If you want to stop the run you need to be running 4-3 or nickel. Corners get bounced off the runningbacks like crazy. Let me know if this stuff is working for you. Not trying to brag, but when I was playing Madden online before I got deployed I was like 55 Wins and 13 losses. So I like to think I know what I am talking about :)

You're good. I'm a lousy 25-13

It's all about finding the right people to play against. Take for instance in this years Madden, if they used Philly I wouldn't play them. In college, if they used Ohio State, I wouldn't play them. I guess my record is a little mis-leading because I refuse to play cheesers and crap like that.

Alright thanks ill try these tips. I usually run out of nickel. Or 4-3. The stuff that bothers me is ill hit the back in the back field like 3 yards deep with lofton and the just bounce back and keep going. this happens atleast 3 times every game to me. And everytime they score they bust it for like 60 yards with about 4 to 5 broken tackles. Its terrible

The worst thing ive ever seen with this was when i was playing my franchise last night, I was playing the Panthers and Moore was hurt so Clausen was in and he too off on a run with me controlling Lofton. I went to hit stick him with Lofton and he bounced right off of him, so then i switched to DeCoud and went for a normal tackle and he broke that one too. The play wound up going for about 15-20 yards before i dragged him down with Grimes.

The worst thing ive ever seen with this was when i was playing my franchise last night, I was playing the Panthers and Moore was hurt so Clausen was in and he too off on a run with me controlling Lofton. I went to hit stick him with Lofton and he bounced right off of him, so then i switched to DeCoud and went for a normal tackle and he broke that one too. The play wound up going for about 15-20 yards before i dragged him down with Grimes.

Yeah, that's the crazy thing, grimes seems to be the one who usually makes the tackle if theY don't go for a touchdown

I don't know why but a hit stick will work 1 out of 10 times on All-Madden level. If you are looking for realistic gameplay and still being competitive you could always search the internet for sliders. I have played a couple of games since the newest update to defensive coverage and what not. While it has significantly improved the overall game, I have gone back to sliders. Sliders provide more realistic stats, and just better overall gameplay. check out www.operationsports.com for the best sliders for all sports games. :)

I don't know why but a hit stick will work 1 out of 10 times on All-Madden level. If you are looking for realistic gameplay and still being competitive you could always search the internet for sliders. I have played a couple of games since the newest update to defensive coverage and what not. While it has significantly improved the overall game, I have gone back to sliders. Sliders provide more realistic stats, and just better overall gameplay. check out www.operationsports.com for the best sliders for all sports games. :)

I don't even know what sliders is??? What is it

I don't even know what sliders is??? What is it

Sliders give you the ability to manually change the way the game plays. Everything from QB throw power to kick power. You can adjust the way the entire game is played. It really gives the game a completely different feel. If you like playing on All-Madden but are sick of the broken tackles, you can adjust the broken tackles. If you think that Devin Hester is getting caught from behind by linebackers too often, you can adjust the player threshold to reflect it.

Very often you will see people create sliders for games where they use the default difficulty or some times even lower like Rookie. However with the slider adjustments, it has an adverse affect on the way the A.I. reacts to certain things. Ever since I started using sliders, I have found it very hard to use default settings.

Sliders give you the ability to manually change the way the game plays. Everything from QB throw power to kick power. You can adjust the way the entire game is played. It really gives the game a completely different feel. If you like playing on All-Madden but are sick of the broken tackles, you can adjust the broken tackles. If you think that Devin Hester is getting caught from behind by linebackers too often, you can adjust the player threshold to reflect it.

Very often you will see people create sliders for games where they use the default difficulty or some times even lower like Rookie. However with the slider adjustments, it has an adverse affect on the way the A.I. reacts to certain things. Ever since I started using sliders, I have found it very hard to use default settings.

alright thanks ill have to check that out. I think the game is over all ok. But the broken tackles is ridiculous. Last night I got ran over by jimmy clausen using weatherspoon. It was. Fu*king stupid