Farewell to Gonzo (Not sure what it says)

FlyHighFalcons

dont know, but he said just yesterday he wants to come back if Falcons want him....

Yup, he was quoted saying it is not a problem for him to come back physically. If the Falcons want him back he will come back.

I think its a pretty easy decision for the F.O. to make. A Gonzo that may have lost a step is still 10X better than any TE available through FA or draft.

Yeah. And if someone has an Insider account the "Matt Ryan has surpassed Drew Brees" by Joyner might be a good read to post also...

I know, I know,..I'm greedy. 'pologies.

:rolleyes:

That article is posted on the front page, three times. Just a FYI. ;)

edit: so they may have moved to the second page by now, but they are out there.

Edited by blackredfellow

Falcons can be thankful for health at Christmas as Atlanta readies for Saints

Phil Foley

* Atlanta Falcons Examiner

Linkage

Atlanta Falcons fans can go into the Christmas holiday thankful for the health of the Falcons.

For the second straight week, the Falcons look to take on an opponent as a virtually healthy football team. Coach Mike Smith’s club practiced for the first time ahead of their Monday night tilt against the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and, if there’s any early indication, all of Atlanta’s big guns will be ready for the showdown between the two division rivals.

Defensive end John Abraham (groin), linebacker Curtis Lofton (knee) and wide receiver Roddy White (knee) watched practice from the sidelines on Thursday, but that was by design. Smith is resting his key players with nagging injuries down the stretch.

“I think we’re going to be in good shape out there,” Smith said during his after-practice press conference on Thursday. “We had three guys that didn’t participate today. John Abraham was on his maintenance program. Roddy White was on his maintenance program as well as Curtis Lofton. Those three guys have been on that program for a number of weeks now.”

The Falcons also had three guys who took limited reps in practice on Thursday. Defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux has a nagging shoulder injury, while fullback Ovie Mughelli’s shoulder is bothering him. Wideout and kickoff and punt returner Eric Weems is slowed by a sore knee.

But like Abraham, Lofton and White, Smith expects the trio to return to full practice on Friday.

The Falcons have generally stayed away from long term injuries this season. Returner and backup rusher Jerious Norwood is the only Falcons regular on the injured list, which includes rookie wide receiver Kerry Meier and backup tight end Robbie Agnone.

Unlike last season, when injuries sacked quarterback Matt Ryan, rusher Michael Turner and rookies Peria Jerry and William Moore for a good part of the season, the Falcons have kept most of their starters healthy for this year.

Wide receiver Michael Jenkins missed the start of the season with a shoulder injury and cornerback Dunta Robinson and rookie linebacker Sean Weatherspoon were out for a few weeks as well.

Turner missed a game, but Jason Snelling filled in admirably in his place, notching the NFC Offensive Player of the Week award in Turner’s absence. Atlanta also kept rolling even though Abraham sat a week with a groin injury against the St. Louis Rams.

Injuries should not be a problem for Atlanta when the team takes on the Saints in a battle that could determine the winner of the NFC South. If 12-2 Atlanta prevails, they not only will win the division, but they will also clinch the No. 1 seed throughout the NFC side of the playoff schedule.

One thing is for sure, should the Atlanta lose to New Orleans on Monday, they can’t blame it on being a banged-up football team.

I saw on ESPN yesterday I think it was.. He said if we win the Super Bowl he's not 100% sure he'll want to come back. (Retire)

Over on walterfootball.com he has us drafting Kyle Rudolph from Notre Dame, if Tony G. decides to retire. I could definitely live with that pick, maybe even if Tony DOESN'T retire. Whether Rudolph comes out of college this year or in 2012, he's probably the #1 tight end prospect available.

Over on walterfootball.com he has us drafting Kyle Rudolph from Notre Dame, if Tony G. decides to retire. I could definitely live with that pick, maybe even if Tony DOESN'T retire. Whether Rudolph comes out of college this year or in 2012, he's probably the #1 tight end prospect available.

I like Kyle Rudolph, I'd prefer for us to trade up in the 2nd round to take him though, but if we win the Superb Owl, then it is assured that Tony G. is retiring (Who wouldn't want to go out like Elway?). That would be the only case that I'd really love to take Kyle Rudolph in the 1st. If we don't win it, I hope we can make some trades and get a mid 2nd-rounder to get him or just wait until the next season. There are so many DE's this season that it is crazy.