I Dont Know Why Everyone Is Scared of The Eagles.

falconfan82

We have faced them 3 times in 3 years and lost all 3 but lets see. in 2009 (last season) We didnt have Ryan so Throw that game out of the books because with Ryan no way that stay that same.Now back to my point.

FINAL SCORE

ATL 14

PHI 27

DIFFERENCE-13

Yes both teams are different now but Ive heard people say how they always beat us and not just beat us destroy us.Well people easily forget only reason we didnt have a chance to win was ADAM JENNINGS MUFFING A PUNT. We were down 6 with around 2 mins left If I remember correctly. There was no reason why Ryan couldnt of driven for a GW TD not saying he would bit it was possible.

FINAL SCORE

ATL-17

PHI-31

DIFFERENCE-14 Points

Again a 2 possession game. Did the Eagles man handle us for most of the game? Yes. But we were driving with about 3 minutes left.(Duntaless and are most sloppiest game all year) Then the refs "botched" a call on the field that we couldnt challenge since we were out of time outs (just like the Adam jennings muff in 08 .... go figure) and If Im remembering correctly again I believe we were on their side of the field inside the 40 So we could have scored and maybe we recover the onside kick and go for the game tying drive.

So in conclusion I really dont no why everyone is SOOO Scared of this team. We have always kept the game within 2 Scores (when Ryan is playing) I know they lost Vick beforehand and Jackson during the game but in my opinion the loss of Jackson=the loss of Dunta. If both the Eagles and the Falcons make it to the NFCCG I will not be a fan scared I will believe In our Offense and I believe we will have the perfect gameplan to shut out vick and to keep away from giving up many (if any at all) big plays from the eagles WR/RBs.

Adam jennings Muffed punt? do you mean Harry douglas not touching a ball by five yards atleast and then ref saying he touched it. And when it comes time for the talking heads to actually point out the Refs were wrong, which they would love to do for any other team, they remember that the call was against Atlanta so they shut their mouth?

That Muffed punt?

Adam jennings Muffed punt? do you mean Harry douglas not touching a ball by five yards atleast and then ref saying he touched it. And when it comes time for the talking heads to actually point out the Refs were wrong, which they would love to do for any other team, they remember that the call was against Atlanta so they shut their mouth?

That Muffed punt?

That muffed punt was when adam jennings was still returning punts. He ran up to catch it then about 2 seconds decided he didnt want to catch it and backed off the refs decided that he touched it when he clearly didnt and since we had no TO we coudlnt challenge

That Muffed punt?

Actually that was Adam Jennings. I know cuz I couldn't stand him. Though he didn't actually muff the punt as shown by the replay, it is in the stat book as a muffed punt. So actually he's right.

Past games or even the game this year has zero relevance in why people are afraid to face the Eagles. Part of it is because our former QB is playing for them and since we historically play bad against the Eagles, people don't want him to beat us for the SB game. The other part of it is that our former QB plays for them and he is looking **** near impossible to stop, even the great defenses can't stop him, and they can barely contain him.

We have every right to be afraid of this match-up. In my opinion, they are the last team that I want to play in the play-offs. It's just not looking like a game that we can control the scoreboard. If we are going to win that game, then we will have to score more times than we have this entire season, because the Eagles will put points on the board.

However, we also have a weapon that not a lot of people like to mention to often and that is the ability to control the clock. Turner can run all over that defense, and it is possible that we could literally hold on to the ball all game, but the reason the Eagles are so scary is because they can score on any given play, because they are just entirely too fast.

It's like if you made a team on Madden with all of the fastest players on a team and decided to cheese all game. The Eagles just happen to be a real-life version of that.

With that said, it's not impossible, and they have been beaten before, but our defense isn't that great, but I think if there was a team that could control this game with only their offense then only us and the Patriots come to mind. The key to winning this game is holding onto the ball or come out guns blazing and dominate their defense. (Sounds obvious right?)

:angry: It is not about be afraid, its all about how we match up against them. Sure we can beat them, but I would rather avoid them all together. And not being an azz here, but how many teams say that they believe that they can stop Vick? The Giants thought that they could stoip him too, and they have the number 2 ranked defense.

I know that the Eagles weak defense won't be able to stop Ryan and Turner and company. What scares me about them is there ability to score quick and easily. We could wear them down like we do everyone, but they score so quickly that it could neutralize our game plan.

But, we got the Saints and Panties to worry about first. One step at a time.

Edited by FalconinPA

Vick can easily be beaten. We will control the ball, keep him off the field and when he is on the field force him to run to the right and keep your safeties deep.

Force him to throw into coverage and to actually have to think. He will screw-up.

Anyway, why am I discussing this. We have an Aint's team to beat first.

I don't think Vick is easy to beat. There is a reason why he's been pretty much unstoppable all season long. I think the fear in this game is very legitimate. I don't think it's a team that we can't beat, and I do believe that ball control will be the deciding factor, but don't act like we're going to roll into this game with a gameplan that is going to stop DeSean, Maclin, McCoy AND Vick. They are all very good players and they all make each other better with the looks that they draw from the defense. I think our secondary can hang, but it only takes one play for either of those players to break off a 50+ yard TD, and it is very scary given that every single one of them is capable of doing it on any play and most likely they will do it against us. We just gotta' play keep-a-way and out score them.

I'm afraid that Asanta could hold Roddy down most of the game and leave our passing attack reliant on Gonzalez (Eagles are the worse team facing TE's, luckily).