UGA AT MERCER

usmcdirtybird

Was at the game. Dawgs very uninspired in the first half. That gave Mercer some confidence that they could play with the big boys. Tale as old as time. Mercer played hard and they have a guy who was owning us down low with the fingerroll. But he got in foul trouble and our bigs got to play aggressive late because of it. Very mediocre performance by the 'Dawgs.

Totally unrelated, Mercer's arena is the bomb. They have a Jittery Joe's coffee and chick fil a in the building, which looks brand new. For a school that size it's a palace.

Tenn wins a close one. They beat Belmont 66 - 65 at home.

belmont is from the same conference as jacksonville and mercer.. those teams can come up and bite you and we saw that with all 3 matchups (both uf and ut were both home games). i am just happy we got the win and don't have a bad loss on our resume which will be big come the ncaa tourney discussion time. it was our 3rd game in 5 days and mercer was off a 12 day layoff. it was set up for us to lose that game and we didn't.

Seems like we just can't play a complete game, though you can sorta see it coming. We seem to be going through some stages and working out some kinks, working through what I call the 'funk', part of the process of learning how to win.

It's nice to be excited about basketball again. I love our coach. What's gonna drive me crazy though is our free throw shooting. We've gotten away with it for the most part, but there's no way we can keep shooting FT's like this. It's gonna cost us a big conference game(s) if we don't get a handle on it. And it could cost us a lot more than that.

Several times, I thought for sure we were gonna lose to Mercer. But we found a way. That's a big change right there.

~~~

Edited by IveyLeaguer