The wierd thing is nobody was throwing at Grimes early in the season. Then the Eagles, Ravens, and Packers had a little success against him and he's been thrown at a lot since the Eagles game.

But he is winning the battle...big time.

Teams do seem hesitant to throw at Dunta......which is wierd, cause the guy hasn't made a play in two years.

As far as "Making a play" Lets play "Name that Cornerback" for these two players stats of the last 2 years.

2 years:

51 Tackles

9 Pdef

1 INT

28 games

2 years:

108 tackles

14 Pdefs

0 INT

29 games

Edited by chifalc

They both are doing a great job covering their men. Robinson's name is not called alot because he is not targeted very often. Grimes is targeted and makes the plays. Who remembers the days of Charles Dimry who was targeted alot and never made the plays. We are very fortunate to have them both. Not to mention Owens, Williams, and Franks. We are a very lucky bunch. I live in Houston, you wouldn't want to see what they are working with on the field.

As far as "Making a play" Lets play "Name that Cornerback" for these two players stats of the last 2 years.

2 years:

51 Tackles

9 Pdef

1 INT

28 games

2 years:

108 tackles

14 Pdefs

0 INT

29 games

Hint: The first one plays for the Raiders, the second one plays for us.

You have to wonder why people would avoid his side of the field, after all, he hasn't been making any plays the last two years. . .

Hint: The first one plays for the Raiders, the second one plays for us.

You have to wonder why people would avoid his side of the field, after all, he hasn't been making any plays the last two years. . .

Nnamdi is feared but when they throw the ball his way, it's the same results as Dunta. People love to praise Revis but the guy has to have help. Peyton Manning had him looking like a lazy bum in the AFC Championship game last season.

It isn't that teams don't "target" Dunta. It's that when the QB drops back he sees that Dunta has good coverage and elects not to throw it there. That is what good QBs do. If Dunta wasn't doing his job he'd be getting thrown on much much more.

Grimes height means that even when he's in position, the QB perceives that he can get the ball to the WR. Thus Grimes gets thrown on much more. Grimes is better at making INTs, but also easier to complete passes against. That is the nature of the game when you give up as much size as Grimes does, not just height, but size overall.

So bottom line is that Grimes is easier to complete passes against, but he should also be feared because he is liable to make a spectacular play at any time. I think we should all be happy with this combo.

Next question, do we pay Grimes if this season causes his FA cost to rise up to top CB money? Foxworth got 7mil/season, what is the limit on what Grimes should get from us? My take is we are gonna lock him up right around that 7mil/yr number. It may be overpaying, it may be a bargain, but either way I'm hoping we keep this team in tact all the way around. No big FA, just do what we can to retain our own.

2 years:

51 Tackles

9 Pdef

1 INT

28 games

2 years:

108 tackles

14 Pdefs

0 INT

29 games

I guarantee you Grimes would not be making the plays he's making without Dunta opposite the field. The less stats that a STARTING corner has, the better he's actually doing his job. Especially with tackles.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

2 years:

51 Tackles

9 Pdef

1 INT

28 games

2 years:

108 tackles

14 Pdefs

0 INT

29 games

I mean...that's just a horrible comparison. Aso was thrown at 24 times all year last year. Dunta was thrown at nearly a hundred times.

Anyone comparing Scrabble to Dunta is ********. But Dunta is the most important player on Atlanta defense. He's worth the money so far.

I agree. Not because I think Dunta is a great football player, but there is obviously a monumental drop off to Chris Owens, who would have to play if Dunta wasn't in there.

I guarantee you Grimes would not be making the plays he's making without Dunta opposite the field. The less stats that a STARTING corner has, the better he's actually doing his job. Especially with tackles.

Yeah....things just aren't that simple.

Sometimes....teams won't throw at a guy because they don't have to to beat you. Example Aso.

Darrell Revis lead the league in PDs last year and people think he had one of the greatest years for a corner ever. He was thrown at well over 100 times.

Charles Woodson won the Defensive Player of the Year, and he had 28 passes defended.

Nobody is going to argue that Dunta Robinson did his job better than those guys last year because he had less stats.

I dont understand the point of all this... We finally have 2 good CB's... Whats the point ... Dunta is doing his things and Grimes is doing this things... Its allot of things that figure into the numbers... I dont care about all that tho... I just know we have 2 good CB's and we are 12-2.

We are ranked 21st against the pass but i feel like allot of those are empty yards (we are ahead so we was playing soft coverage)