JA98 on the homepage of SI.com

ConnFalcon

Cool.

per Don Banks...

Atlanta Falcons (12-2)

The Falcons simply haven't gotten their due this season, probably because they're just top-to-bottom solid instead of sexy. Consider these facts: Since their debacle of a 2007 season ended (see: Michael Vick dog-fighting saga and Bobby Petrino desertion), the Falcons are an NFC-best 32-14 in the regular season under the leadership of general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Mike Smith. Only two teams have been better in that span: Indianapolis at 34-12, and New England at 33-13. Not a bad neighborhood to be in. All that's missing for Atlanta is the playoff success.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-week-16/index.html#ixzz18wzpeE8S

Hummm... Thats good for JA98. He is playing pretty good this Season. I wonder Why him and that photo...

Probably because even the people over at SI.com are happy to see JA98 showing signs of life. I told everyone that JA98 would step up his game a little when the players around him got better. He wants to be a part of this. I hope he continues to play well.

more evidence of the great coaching staff the Falcons now have.

JA98 was the 8th pick and touted as the next great pass rusher. he isn't. a poor coaching staff follows the method that defines insanity - keep doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results. Smith & Co, otoh, realized that while he isn't the next Abraham, he could still contribute. putting your players in the best position to succeed is the definition of great coaching. and folks, the Falcons have it.

I think that picture illustrates the extremes of success and "power" in their power rankings between Atlanta (dominating) and Seattle (stumbling) both in that individual play, and the teams as a whole.

That picture also shows me why they did not call a facemask/blow to the head. You can clearly see JA98 is touching the ball before his arm carries forward through the ball into Hasselbeck's face. That may not be an official rule, but it should be.

I think that picture illustrates the extremes of success and "power" in their power rankings between Atlanta (dominating) and Seattle (stumbling) both in that individual play, and the teams as a whole.

That picture also shows me why they did not call a facemask/blow to the head. You can clearly see JA98 is touching the ball before his arm carries forward through the ball into Hasselbeck's face. That may not be an official rule, but it should be.

Nah, the facemask happened before this picture was taken.

Well I am glad they got the shut after he let go of the facemask lol.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

I sincerely hope that JA98 ups his game to another level this Monday night and all throughout the playoffs. As much as I've bagged and ragged on the guy, I know he has it in him to be a great DE. He just needs to believe it.

Haha ok, +1 - I stand corrected. I can understand Hasselbeck being upset on that, it looks like Curly v. Moe. Hasselbeck should have held up the left hand in front of the nose for the Stooge block!

So putting that with the SI pic, his right arm then goes down, and his left hits the ball. I was thinking his left extended and ended up hitting the face after, but never saw pics on it.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

I sincerely hope that JA98 ups his game to another level this Monday night and all throughout the playoffs. As much as I've bagged and ragged on the guy, I know he has it in him to be a great DE. He just needs to believe it.

If you're right, that would solve my biggest concern headed to 2011. That would be great- we could focus on something else!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Its not huge news or anything, but good for him! He has played ALOT better this year. I don't think he is the invisible man anymore.

What impressed me the most is that he peeled off of the guy that he was covering and went str8 for the QB....it appeared to be textbook because he handed him off to a LB? Anyways, that was a very, very headsup type play! :ph34r:

Here you go.

2013720573.jpg

There was no jerk & pull of the mask though, which is probably why the ref, behind the QB didn't make the call (and I believe it would be his call to make). I didn't think he grabbed the mask, but his hand went inside it (this pic looks like he has it though). When I saw it, I thought the call should have been hands to the face instead of facemask. Either way a penalty & we caught a break for a change.

Notice that as of 3:01 on ESPN's website (even on the NFL homepage) the Birds aren't even mentioned once yet they made a nice little front page article on how the bears have done this season.

:rolleyes:

The South will never be as marketable as the NYC, CHI, Philli, TX, or CALIFORNIA...we've got to live with it. It's still a lot of hate down here...I'm sorry that I had to be the one to say it, but it's been my experience.

Yea we caught a break on that play. I'm surprised Hasselbeck wasn't absolutely livid with the refs.

he coulda argued all day but the ref was behind JA98 so he couldn't see the hands to the face & the Jamaal's body was in the path of the second ref, so he could see it either. but the thing is, Jamaal didn't yank so it wasn't noticeable