One small knock on Grimes

FantasyFOF

I'm a huge Grimes fan. The way he's stepped up this year has been a huge part of the success we've had this season.

My only knock on him is virtually every time he picks off a pass, he tends to turn around and land on the ball. As we saw in the Tampa game, this can easily cause the ball to jar loose. And after evaluating a few other interceptions he's had, it looks like the ball may have come loose a few other times that he got away with.

I've never played CB and don't have any coaching experience, so I was wondering if this is something that be corrected, or if in the speed of the play he's got no control over. There are obviously much worse problems to have than this, but I'd hate to see another great play by him negated just because he's landing wrong.

I'm a huge Grimes fan. The way he's stepped up this year has been a huge part of the success we've had this season.

My only knock on him is virtually every time he picks off a pass, he tends to turn around and land on the ball. As we saw in the Tampa game, this can easily cause the ball to jar loose. And after evaluating a few other interceptions he's had, it looks like the ball may have come loose a few other times that he got away with.

I've never played CB and don't have any coaching experience, so I was wondering if this is something that be corrected, or if in the speed of the play he's got no control over. There are obviously much worse problems to have than this, but I'd hate to see another great play by him negated just because he's landing wrong.

wacko.gif were u a gymnist...? wtf?

I don't know if there has ever been a proper protocol developed for a how a guy who is 4 feet tall and can jump 8 feet in the air should properly land.

I'll get right on it.

:lol::lol:

You right on it. Typically, I guy wouldn't have to leap soooo high in the sky to get on. These are balls that he should never corale in...he's only suppose to get a finger or two on the ball, but he's able to come down with the ball. To answer his question, he'd have to be a contortionist to come down on his feet or any other predictable position... ;)

Grimes is good so is Dunta Robinson get off Dunta Robinson nuts your suppose to b a fan for Any Dunta Nut Haterz Excuse me but iam a newbie on here do u want back Crisp Houston we have a problem lol I bet the Texans want him **** they have the worst Pass D in the NFL so what Mr Dimtroff paid him **** it didnt come out my pocket The falcons are in the Top 5 n Interceptions Revis don't have one Int I think or the dude from The Raiders Revis is overrated Randy Moss Made him look like doo doo

Grimes is our best corner by far, but if he has a weakness it is handling the run. He either bounces off the running back or takes the wrong hole and the running back runs for a while...

That said, he can't really help tackling a running back because of his body type and his play against the pass has been stellar which more than makes up for it...

Grimes is good so is Dunta Robinson get off Dunta Robinson nuts your suppose to b a fan for Any Dunta Nut Haterz Excuse me but iam a newbie on here do u want back Crisp Houston we have a problem lol I bet the Texans want him **** they have the worst Pass D in the NFL so what Mr Dimtroff paid him **** it didnt come out my pocket The falcons are in the Top 5 n Interceptions Revis don't have one Int I think or the dude from The Raiders Revis is overrated Randy Moss Made him look like doo doo

Interesting. Welcome.

Did I REALLY just read a thread complaing about how Grimes intercepts the football?

Wow.

Maybe I'm making an issue out of nothing, but I guarantee the coaches are starting to notice this too, esp. after the Tampa game.

I think it would be a great small tweak to his game to stop landing directly on the ball, but I'm not sure is that's even correctable. I was hoping for some insight from someone who's played the position

Maybe I'm making an issue out of nothing, but I guarantee the coaches are starting to notice this too, esp. after the Tampa game.

I think it would be a great small tweak to his game to stop landing directly on the ball, but I'm not sure is that's even correctable. I was hoping for some insight from someone who's played the position

He's not a cat...only cats can predictably land on their feet... :mellow:

Brent Grimes is the only human being I've ever seen jump so high that he literally looks like he is falling from a building when he comes down.

When he lands....I am just happy that he hasn't hurt himself.

If he holds onto the ball, as he does at least half the time.....well that is a nice bonus.

Grimes is our best corner by far, but if he has a weakness it is handling the run. He either bounces off the running back or takes the wrong hole and the running back runs for a while...

That said, he can't really help tackling a running back because of his body type and his play against the pass has been stellar which more than makes up for it...

I don't know how this can be true because he's second on the team in tackles right behind Curtis Lofton. Doesn't look like he's doing a lot of bouncing to me. Dude is a solid tackler.

I don't know how this can be true because he's second on the team in tackles right behind Curtis Lofton. Doesn't look like he's doing a lot of bouncing to me. Dude is a solid tackler.

One reason that Grimes has a large number of tackles compared to most corners is that very few starting CBs are also full time special teams players.

Brent Grimes is the only human being I've ever seen jump so high that he literally looks like he is falling from a building when he comes down.

When he lands....I am just happy that he hasn't hurt himself.

If he holds onto the ball, as he does at least half the time.....well that is a nice bonus.

Can't really disagree, you make a valid point. It's just upsetting to see him do everything right in coverage and make a ridiculous leap to pick a ball, only to have it negated by how he's hitting the ground.

But considering he may be the only corner in the league who can make those plays on a consistent basis, I guess there's really not that much to gripe about.

snoop.gif

I am not a Saints fan, but even I had a hard time reading and understanding this.

I think folks are being a little hard on the poster - he didn't ask the question to be arrogant, I think he was just asking.

I mean - I didn't realize MMA could help our D line - but it apparently has - so maybe Brent can go to Cirque de Soleil or something in the offseason to work on his landings.

In all seriousness, like others mentioned he has to sell out his entire body to make those interceptions in the first place and hits the ground pretty hard. Other than practicing catching and securing the ball more on the way to the ground (something most D backs just don't have time to pracitce very much) there is probably not much else he can do about it.