Falcons to hold pep rally @ city hall on monday.

crankdatfalcon

City of Atlanta Hosts "RISE UP" Game Day Pep Rally for the Atlanta Falcons

The City of Atlanta will cheer on the NFL playoff bound Atlanta Falcons during a Game Day Pep Rally at 12 noon Monday, December 27 in the atrium of Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Avenue, S.W.

The city-wide rally, hosted by Atlanta City Councilman Ivory Lee Young and Mayor Kasim Reed, coincides with the 8:30 p.m. game against the rival New Orleans Saints Monday night at the Georgia Dome.

Because of the success of the Atlanta Falcons this season and for their contributions in the community, the Atlanta City Council by legislation has proclaimed December 27 as “ATLANTA FALCONS DAY” and Mayor Kasim Reed will present the organization with the Phoenix Award, the highest honor that can be bestowed upon an individual or organization in the city.

All fans are encouraged to attend the community rally to support our Atlanta Falcons. Every Atlantan is asked wear red and black, whether at the rally or not, in support of the Falcons.

“The Atlanta Falcons football organization is far more than football,” said Councilman Young. “On the 27th of December, let us all “RISE UP” and show the world how committed Atlanta fans are. Join us at city hall to celebrate our heroes, the Atlanta Falcons.

“Their contributions on and off the football field are worthy of recognition. We the fans of the Atlanta Falcons now have an obligation not only to thank them but to firmly support them in asserting our role as the twelfth man on the team,” Young said. “City government, businesses, residents and fans of the Atlanta Falcons send a message loud and clear, that we are united in our passion for our football team and we will enthusiastically support them through every step of their journey this season.”

The Falcons and Saints rivalry is one of the biggest in NFL sports. Atlanta leads the series 44-38 and 1-0 in postseason play. The Falcons beat the Saints, 27-24 in overtime on September 26 in the Superdome.

Currently, the 12-2 Atlanta Falcons own the best record in the NFC and are tied with the New England Patriots for the most victories in the NFL after 14 games.

City officials say the pep rally will send a rousing cheer in support of the Atlanta Falcons prior to their televised Monday Night football game against the New Orleans Saints.

I wish we could but the parking lot won't open up until 2 hours afterward so we can't start tailgating. The family and I would love to be there but can't just sit around for 2 hours after it is over with nothing to do and nowhere to go and a truck load of tailgate equipment.

It is so much to do downtown. Go to the underground or take a tour of the State Capital. Just some to-do information from one Falcon fan to the next. That cool thing about it is that they are both FREE!!!

I am so pissed right now because I have to work. I will be leaving work early to go tailgate for the game, but want be in time for the pep rally. :(

It is so much to do downtown. Go to the underground or take a tour of the State Capital. Just some to-do information from one Falcon fan to the next. That cool thing about it is that they are both FREE!!!

I am so pissed right now because I have to work. I will be leaving work early to go tailgate for the game, but want be in time for the pep rally. :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Would love to go to underground but we have a 15 year old and 3 year old.

Go through the State Capitol building. It has a lot of interesting exhibits on Georgia. There are some neat models and a 2 headed snake and glowing mineral exhibits in Georgia the 3 year old would like, and some really important Georgia history information for the 15 year old. Not to mention the fact the architecture and art throughout the building is your right as a taxpayer (assuming you live in GA).

You can even stop by your representative's office. He will probably not be there, but most have a guest sign in and they will send you a letter thanking you for stopping by.

Assuming all your tailgate gear is not in the bed of an open pickup the security in the parking deck across the street is pretty good.

A "Pep Rally"? Lol!!! Last time I went to a pep rally was the 8th grade. Is each section going to be fighting for the coveted Spirit Stick? LMAO!!

Dude, just because your pathetic cities idea of a pep rally is to get the local inmates to wash the pizz off of burbon street don't knock what this organization and city are doing. You pathetic Aint's fans have no sense of anything except how to accept donations from other cities and the federal government. You wish you had a sense of pride in your team and community. New Orleaners go around parading like Mardi Gras is a big deal. Pleases, its just a chance for the local inbreeds to take pictures of mostly underage girls flashing their boobs. Want a real Mardi Gras, go to Rio. I've been there. It makes New Orleans version look like a Sunday School for ******** catholic girls. Aint's fans are best known for their paper bags, so go and run along now and put your bag back on. You had you shot at respect when your team won the superbowl. You failed. All your sorry fans could do was say "who dat" which you didnt even come up with.

Saint's fan = pathetic fail

Dude, just because your pathetic cities idea of a pep rally is to get the local inmates to wash the pizz off of burbon street don't knock what this organization and city are doing. You pathetic Aint's fans have no sense of anything except how to accept donations from other cities and the federal government. You wish you had a sense of pride in your team and community. New Orleaners go around parading like Mardi Gras is a big deal. Pleases, its just a chance for the local inbreeds to take pictures of mostly underage girls flashing their boobs. Want a real Mardi Gras, go to Rio. I've been there. It makes New Orleans version look like a Sunday School for ******** catholic girls. Aint's fans are best known for their paper bags, so go and run along now and put your bag back on. You had you shot at respect when your team won the superbowl. You failed. All your sorry fans could do was say "who dat" which you didnt even come up with.

EPIC!!!!

Mardi Gras? That's what you come with? I was just joking around with you guys about a pep rally. You have to admit, it does sound ghey right?