Ohio State May Be Without Terrelle Pryor and Others Because Of Alleged Free Tattoos.

SacFalcFan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right. You know your chances of winning are that much better if Ohio St. can't play those guys. You would take the win.

And hear about how we only won because their star player was out? Screw that, I want a legit win. And if we lose because they play, then so be it, we deserve the loss.

Edited by MrAR15FWB

I hear you but the Pig fans should not be held responsible for the actions of the Ohio St players. Its simply their problem not yours. A win is a win.

I agree. If Mallet wasn't playing and OSU won. All you would hear is that OSU beat a SEC team in a BCS Bowl and that they would go undefeated in the SEC.

I agree. If Mallet wasn't playing and OSU won. All you would hear is that OSU beat a SEC team in a BCS Bowl and that they would go undefeated in the SEC.

so i take it you have talked to ohio state fans before.. you are dead on.. if arky was missing all 22 players and ohio state won they would talk about their new found dominance over the SEC.

so i take it you have talked to ohio state fans before.. you are dead on.. if arky was missing all 22 players and ohio state won they would talk about their new found dominance over the SEC.

No i know wouldnt like it one bit. If i want to talk about new found dominance over The SEC i want more than just this bowl win against a FULL strength arkansas team. I wont be happy for anything less than beating a top notch arkansas team.

I'd feel better about our future against the SEC but one bowl game win compered to the other 9 or 10 we've lost still doesnt change the lopsidedness of it all

You think we are that cocky but we are all pretty ashamed at our own record against the SEC. The teams in the SEC are rough just the arrogance of the fans are what i cant stand. You have a good record against my school not my entire conference. You'll hear me brag if we beat arkansas but it doesnt change much imo i want 3-4 more before i talk about new found dominance.

And i dont see this going far. Pryor says he paid for his tattoos. And cmon they are tats. i payed 70 bucks for my Falcons Tattoo. If its true they are that broke but if its true cmon man 100 dollar tats are going to get you inrouble?

I just love being lumped in as a bunch. See thats my issue with some GA fans. they think their **** dont stink and they are above everyone eles. they wanna just talk down every other school fan that they can. This is a prime example. If you live in GA you havent talked to every ohio state fan just because you have a sour view on the few ohio state fans you've met doesnt mean the whole lot is as bad as you make it.

I mean unless you live up here and have to deal with us that's your fault. You live in ohio your going to hear about ohio state all the time.

I Go to ohio state of course im biased. Im a bigger falcons fan than anything eles. but i still have school spirit and pride in the team that plays for MY school

I just love being lumped in as a bunch. See thats my issue with some GA fans. they think their **** dont stink and they are above everyone eles. they wanna just talk down every other school fan that they can. This is a prime example. If you live in GA you havent talked to every ohio state fan just because you have a sour view on the few ohio state fans you've met doesnt mean the whole lot is as bad as you make it.

I mean unless you live up here and have to deal with us that's your fault. You live in ohio your going to hear about ohio state all the time.

I Go to ohio state of course im biased. Im a bigger falcons fan than anything eles. but i still have school spirit and pride in the team that plays for MY school

just a suggestion posting that you were a uga fan and you don't like uga fans does nothing for your posts. it doesn't provide any credibility and repeating it over and over again is just a waste of time. thinking their crap doesn't stinks - you just described your own fan base (if you hadn't paid attention oklahoma to husker to almost every sec fan base has commented negatively on ohio state). ohio state fans make sec fans seem reasonable and logical and that's very hard to do. you may not fall into the category, but you can't speak for your fan base since it's something most feel about osu fans.

No i know wouldnt like it one bit. If i want to talk about new found dominance over The SEC i want more than just this bowl win against a FULL strength arkansas team. I wont be happy for anything less than beating a top notch arkansas team.

I'd feel better about our future against the SEC but one bowl game win compered to the other 9 or 10 we've lost still doesnt change the lopsidedness of it all

You think we are that cocky but we are all pretty ashamed at our own record against the SEC. The teams in the SEC are rough just the arrogance of the fans are what i cant stand. You have a good record against my school not my entire conference. You'll hear me brag if we beat arkansas but it doesnt change much imo i want 3-4 more before i talk about new found dominance.

And i dont see this going far. Pryor says he paid for his tattoos. And cmon they are tats. i payed 70 bucks for my Falcons Tattoo. If its true they are that broke but if its true cmon man 100 dollar tats are going to get you inrouble?

the above is more inline with what a reasonable fan would say about a win over an undermanned arky team and one win against arky even at full strength as you said it just 1 win out of a bunch of losses. i know many ohio state fans and i can't see, but one of them agreeing with what you said above. they are very desperate for a win.. i talked with one ohio state fan at my job who told me a win over arky would show the sec who the dominate team is now. regarding the tatoos man if they didn't pay they should sit.. that is a benefit they received, but i highly doubt they will be able to prove anything. nice tatoo btw.. go falcons.

the above is more inline with what a reasonable fan would say about a win over an undermanned arky team and one win against arky even at full strength as you said it just 1 win out of a bunch of losses. i know many ohio state fans and i can't see, but one of them agreeing with what you said above. they are very desperate for a win.. i talked with one ohio state fan at my job who told me a win over arky would show the sec who the dominate team is now. regarding the tatoos man if they didn't pay they should sit.. that is a benefit they received, but i highly doubt they will be able to prove anything. nice tatoo btw.. go falcons.

I ran into an OSU fan last night blabbing on about how Mallett is gonna choke because he played ****** in Michigan. I don't think he's seen what this offense is capable of, he even went on to laugh about our receivers. Alright north, bring it, we'll show you what the south is all about.

They been suspended for the first 5 games next year. How can the NCAA justify this? Why aren't they suspended for the bowl game

yep, here is the press release.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrell Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits, the NCAA ruled Thursday.

A sixth football student-athlete must sit out the first game in 2011 for receiving discounted services in violation of NCAA rules.

All of the players be eligible for the Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl, however.

Five players were found to have sold awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receiving improper benefits in 2009. In addition to missing five games next season, Pryor, Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas must repay money and benefits ranging in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The repayments must be made to a charity.

Jordan Whiting must sit out the first game next year and pay $150 to a charity for the value of services that were discounted because of his status as a student-athlete.

The NCAA announced the suspensions on Thursday, shortly before Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and coach Jim Tressel were to meet with reporters to discuss the university's investigation of players trading autographs for tattoos.

Adams must repay $1,000 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring and Herron must repay $1,150 for selling his football jersey, pants and shoes for $1,000 and receiving discounted services worth $150.

Posey must repay $1,250 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,200 and receiving discounted services worth $50, while Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring, a 2009 Fiesta Bowl sportsmanship award and his 2008 Gold Pants, a gift from the university.

Solomon must repay $1,505 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,000, his 2008 Gold Pants for $350 and receiving discounted services worth $155.

"These are significant penalties based on findings and information provided by the university," Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said in a statement released by the NCAA.

The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said.

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report.

So is there a $ value for each game? AJ (4games = 1k). Then for these guys, 1k-2500 gets you 5 games? Must be a sliding scale in there for Mr. Pryor.

I can't get the info for it right now, but there is a scale that shows how many games a player will be suspended for certain dollar amounts.