Jerious Norwood

atljbo

Yea.. He just has to get his body stonger.

Why do you think that... I seriously... seriously doubt that... Healthy RB's period dont get allot of money in FA... So why would an injured Norwood get allot of money (a change of pace back) ...

It doesn't matter what he wants. It matters what other teams are willing to pay him. He could be back for a reasonable amount and without a lot of bonus money. Then we see what kind of camp he has.
I don't see what leverage Jerious would have to ask for "done it before" money. He's going to be coming off an ACL injury, and the NFL has become a pass happy league causing the runningback's salary value to go down. I believe Norwood is happy in ATL and probably wants to win a ring here by contributing on the field so i could see us resigning him for a respectable price.

As mentioned by atljbo, Norwood teases the ability of a Jamaal Charles and some GM is going to find that intriguing enough to offer Jerious a contract that should be out of our price range, given we have committed top dollar to a number #1 RB and also have an under-used quality backup in Jason Snelling.

I don't know that getting stronger is the answer for Norwood. His injuries have come because he may be stronger than his body can handle now. Not saying he is juicing, but it's like a thoroughbred racehorse - they are the fastest horses, but the most prone to go lame also because of the stress on their bodies.

I don't know that getting stronger is the answer for Norwood. His injuries have come because he may be stronger than his body can handle now. Not saying he is juicing, but it's like a thoroughbred racehorse - they are the fastest horses, but the most prone to go lame also because of the stress on their bodies.

I dont mean get rocked up... I mean get his core strong... I think getting his base stronger would help end those hip flex injuries he has had... Vick made a statement that getting his core stronger has helped him stay more healthy.

As mentioned by atljbo, Norwood teases the ability of a Jamaal Charles and some GM is going to find that intriguing enough to offer Jerious a contract that should be out of our price range, given we have committed top dollar to a number #1 RB and also have an under-used quality backup in Jason Snelling.

Agreed, but watching those video's, we are missing something in our offense without a Norwood type back. Given my choice between Norwood and Snelling, I'll take Snelling every day. But I think we should also have that extra breakaway speed dimension to our offense. But those types of guys can be found in late rounds or even as UFA's.

If there's one thing our offense lacks it's a change-of-pace back. Jerious provided that. Obviously, we're doing just fine without him. But if we can get him on the cheap, he just makes our offense that much more dynamic. If he wants a bigger contract, we could always use a draft pick on a speedy RB. The fact that we can talk about a player like Jerious and think that we don't necessarily need him shows what great shape our offense is in.

I'm glad to hear he is healing and all, but at this point I'm glad for him, and see it as irrelevant to the Falcons.

Norwood and his agent would be out of their minds to expect more than a minimum contract with any team, and have to be aware that there's a possibility that he won't get another contract after his injury history. If a team, Falcons or any other, has him on their 53, it means they are depending on him to be available and healthy enough to play on Sundays. If he can't do that, it means he's taking the spot of someone who would have been ready to go. If we want to get that kind of speed back into our offense, it's time to start looking elsewhere. I understand that his speed uncommon, but Norwood's time with the Falcons needs to end.

Much luck to him... but I do not want to depend on his health here.

I say we let Norwood go. Snelling and Turner are the best 1, 2 punch in the game. Snelling is such a great 3rd down back, I don't see him going anywhere. I say the Falcons draft a speed guy in Joe Adams or Demps from Florida. Both guys can play the WR position as well as a RB.

Agreed, but watching those video's, we are missing something in our offense without a Norwood type back. Given my choice between Norwood and Snelling, I'll take Snelling every day. But I think we should also have that extra breakaway speed dimension to our offense. But those types of guys can be found in late rounds or even as UFA's.

I agree. A third RB has to play special teams too and Norwood has shown his body can't take that workload. We have late picks from Detroit and New England. Ben Tate and Arian Foster in Houston could make Steve Slaton available cheap. Ryan Mathews and the emergence of Mike Tolbert could make Darren Sproles expendable in San Diego.