Should we go surprise onside kick if we have to kick the ball off monday night?

crankdatfalcon

Yea its kinda gutsy, and we dont want to give drew brees a short field, but our best defense against him is to keep him on the sidelines. Looking at what philly did last week against the giants, even though they were behind, that onside kick set the tone for a historic comeback. A onside kick and if we recovered, would set the tone for the game. I would try it before sean payton tries it. Its the big stage, monday night, everybody's watching, so LETS DO IT!!!!

Nah - Why deviate from the impression that most think of the Falcons (Boring team). ball is booted 10 yds deep into the endzone, Saint player takes a knee. Works for me.

koenen hasnt really been putting the ball into the endzone on every kick, and we know our special teams can be suspect sometimes. Hasnt been the past couple weeks, but just sayin.

koenen hasnt really been putting the ball into the endzone on every kick, and we know our special teams can be suspect sometimes. Hasnt been the past couple weeks, but just sayin.

Not trying to put you on the spot Crank, and it's good you're thinking "outside the box", but as a fan whose watched 1000's of NFL games, I just can't recall a team doing an onside kick to start a game. Just sayin

Not trying to put you on the spot Crank, and it's good you're thinking "outside the box", but as a fan whose watched 1000's of NFL games, I just can't recall a team doing an onside kick to start a game. Just sayin

i understand what you saying and agree, so thats why it would catch everyone by surprise, just like when the saints did it last year in the superbowl coming out of halftime. That onside kick basically got the momentum for them to win that game.

No onside kick, here's why.

Falcons keep going for it on 4th down- make it most of the time. That's telling the team you believe in them- you believe they can get the first down, that this is a very good team.

Going for an onside kick is the exact opposite.

You're telling the team you don't think they can win without a trick play.

No need to do that.

Falcons beat the saints last time by dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides and overcoming lapses on ST and a couple of defensive breakdowns.

They fixed the STs by putting Biermann and Nicholas back on STs, and there have been fewer lapses on D lately.

Falcons play their game, they can win handily.

"Onside kick? We don't need no onside kick to beat them saints"

Green Bay Started their game against the Patriots on Monday night by kicking an on sides kick. Just had to point that out. Actually for a while the three points that they got by recovering that kick was the difference in the game.

Id also like to point out that Aaron Rodgers was out that game. The point im making is that i doubt it seriously that they wouldve started the game like that had Rodgers started the game. I kinda agree with the gentleman that stated that's usually something an inferior team will try to gain any advantage they can.

No onside kick, here's why.

Falcons keep going for it on 4th down- make it most of the time. That's telling the team you believe in them- you believe they can get the first down, that this is a very good team.

Going for an onside kick is the exact opposite.

You're telling the team you don't think they can win without a trick play.

No need to do that.

Falcons beat the saints last time by dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides and overcoming lapses on ST and a couple of defensive breakdowns.

They fixed the STs by putting Biermann and Nicholas back on STs, and there have been fewer lapses on D lately.

Falcons play their game, they can win handily.

"Onside kick? We don't need no onside kick to beat them saints"

an onside kick is sending a message to the team that we cant win without a trick play??? a onside kick is not a trick play. Its a momentum swing. Yes we won last game, but that was months ago. They are not the same team, just as we arent. Keeping brees on the sidelines is a great way to get really ahead in this game. It seems like yall have forgotten that brees is one of the best QB's in the nfl right now no matter how much we hate the saints. Even though our defense has been on point the past couple of weeks, joe flacco, aaron rodgers, sam bradford, josh freeman, jimmy clausen, and matt hasselback are no where on the same level as brees.