Falcon 2010 Schedule was SWEET! But There is a Subtle Sting in the Tail

HolyMoses

We lucked out big time because we only had to go more than 5 blocks west of the Mississippi once this year, even though we played the NFC West. And we are catching another break because we play on Monday Night this week after playing in Seattle on Sunday. That extra day helps recover from the travel.

The problem could arise because while we have a short week for our final home game against the Panthers, they actually have an EXTRA day off because they play Saturday night in Pittsburgh. That gives them an extra two full days of recovery (less travel, of course.)

Fortunately, they are the Panthers, they stink, and they are darn near two touchdown underdogs in Pittsburgh. If we DO lose to the Saints, we will certainly be emotionally drained . . . but if we can't get focused to do what we need to, we don't deserve to be NFC champs.

Smith could always just show the boys this:

Fourth and 24

2003, the Vikings had a full game on the Packers going into the final week of the season. They had the NFC North wrapped up, all they had to do was beat the 3-12 Cardinals. They even had an 11 point lead half way through the fourth quarter.

The more I think about it, the more I want to knock the snot out of the Saints Monday.

Edited by holymoses

Look--should we lose to the Saints, Lord willing, this team will be ready and fired up Sunday to lockup homefield advantage.

If we can play on a Sunday and turn around and play 4 days later against the friggin' physical Ravens, I can't imagine that a vastly more talented, better coached, and probably seething Atlanta team wouldn't relish the opportunity to crush an inferior division opponent.

Look--should we lose to the Saints, Lord willing, this team will be ready and fired up Sunday to lockup homefield advantage.

If we can play on a Sunday and turn around and play 4 days later against the friggin' physical Ravens, I can't imagine that a vastly more talented, better coached, and probably seething Atlanta team wouldn't relish the opportunity to crush an inferior division opponent.

we are not gonna lose to Saints

to many idiot Saint Fans Spamming our guys on Tweeter

I can Tell Abe has taken it personal

real smart move there Saints Fans lol

Pizz off by far the best pass rusher in our div

:o

They were just making up for that horrible schedule we got last year. Playing 4 teams off their bye week.

Uh, any team that has to play 4 out of 5 games............3 in a row...........on the road, with the last road game 2179 miles away, doesn't have a SWEET schedule.

Not even close.

BTW, you're the first person I've heard mention that play by ARI since that day. I've been watching football for a long time and that is one of the most memorable plays I've ever seen. What that clip doesn't show is that the Vikings were already celebrating on the sidelines that they were going to the playoffs. They were jumping around, high-fiving each other and the like. Then ARI pulls off the miracle, the Vikings miss the playoffs entirely, and the look on their faces on the sideline was fantastic! Man, I hate that team....

I would not say our schedule was sweet...

Until recently we probably had the hardest SOS in the league ... withh both the Saints and the Bucs playing at a high level.

We were fortunate in that some of our harder games were at home ... but that is about it.

I would say that yes our schedule was tough this year. It wasn't as hard a last year's, but I think what helped us a lot was that almost all of our toughest games were at home. If we played the Packers and Ravens away, then maybe those games have different outcomes.

BTW, you're the first person I've heard mention that play by ARI since that day. I've been watching football for a long time and that is one of the most memorable plays I've ever seen. What that clip doesn't show is that the Vikings were already celebrating on the sidelines that they were going to the playoffs. They were jumping around, high-fiving each other and the like. Then ARI pulls off the miracle, the Vikings miss the playoffs entirely, and the look on their faces on the sideline was fantastic! Man, I hate that team....

I'm from St. Louis and grew up a Cardinal fan, which is to say I suffered . . . a LOT. But I remember thinking that it was the end of the season, the Vikings had been practicing in Minnesota and it always feels very different going to desert, and I thought that might have an effect on the game and actually picked the Cardinals in the pick'em. Plus, it was just the sort of game that the Cardinals would win. End of another underachieving season with a record that might not reflect their talent. A win that would give the fan base false hope for the next season but provide no real gratification. The stars were aligned.

But your post makes me think that, in the annuls of teams that have faced truly heartbreaking losses, the Vikings might be on top. Between four Super Bowls, the '98 NFC Championship game, that 2003 game to take them from Division Champ to staying home, and the last two season ending Farvre debacles . . . . OUCH! It hurts just thinking about it.

BTW, if it was the CARDINALS who needed to win that game and they were favored . . . the Vikings win every time.