If the Saints Win...

mrsportsinc

Not a flame post. What will be your main feeling:

1. No worries, we will beat Carolina and be the #1 seed, who gives a cr*p. We are ready to "rise up".

2. Yes we will be the #1 seed but concerned about how we will do come playoff time.

Once again. Not flaming, only asking IF the Saints win.

I'm already concerned about our playoff prospects, and losing will not make it worse. Winning convincingly, with a strong showing from the defense, would go a long way to assuaging my doubts and fears. So--- my feelings on our chances can't get much worse, but may tick upward considerably.

One consideration is that both sides know that the outcome of this game is almost certainly irrelevant. Both sides will try to win, obviously, but I would not be surprised if both coaching staffs held back a few wrinkles to be used in a likely playoff meeting.

1. No worries, we will beat Carolina and be the #1 seed, who gives a cr*p. We are ready to "rise up".

2. Yes we will be the #1 seed but concerned about how we will do come playoff time.

I fully EXPECT us to win this game, but IF, by chance, we happen to lose, I would be much more interested in as to "HOW" we lost...Especially with the #1 seed on the line.

Are we ready for "prime time" and everything that comes with it? I believe we are! I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT until Monday night!!! :D

Edited by BirdzEyeView

it would be more media fodder than anything. however, i trust that smitty and company will get our heads right and we'll move on. the thing that worries me about monday is that the saints are the more desparate team. that means a lot in the nfl. they'll come out looking to start fast. weather the storm and ride it out. win up front on both sides of the ball, and the game is ours.

if the saints lose, it will have a worse effect on them than it will have on us if we lose, psychologically speaking.

someone posted the ATL-NO matchup over the last three years. the total points scored was listed as ATL 136-134 over NO. TWO points separation.

a lot of Falcons fans are so caught up in the awesome season (and very solid 3 year start to the Mike Smith regime) that they are vastly underestimating how close this rivalry is. Atlanta beat New Orleans by 3 points in OT in the first game. it wouldn't surprise me in the least if New Orleans won Monday night. and that has nothing to do with how much i "believe" in the Birds. this matchup is what rivalries SHOULD be - knock-down, drag-out battles with each team always capable of beating the other. New Orleans was undefeated last season, playing a Falcons team left with its backup QB, and just barely managed to survive. the 1991 Falcons went TO NEW ORLEANS and defeated the division champs in the playoffs.

i promise you even if New Orleans loses on MNF, they will not lack for confidence if they have to come back to the Dome in the playoffs. they have won recently in ATL and, until they are knocked out, are the defending SB champs.

if Atlanta loses, it will stink to have to listen to the Dilfers of the world. but it won't derail these Falcons. Smitty will have them focused for the Panthers and i have no doubt Atlanta will win that game to secure home-field.

no matter what happens on MNF, the Falcons will have a battle on their hands should they face the Saints again in the playoffs. 136-134 - now THAT is a rivalry!

If you are going to do a poll set it up the correct way.

4.You left out the Saints aren't going to win>

Both 1 and 2 but I wouldn't be too worried. We still have beaten enough good teams including the Saints in new orleans to make me feel confident.