Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconinPA

Collision Course (Eagles vs. Falcons)

111 posts in this topic

You can never bury the Vick era. He's 2nd to only MLK Jr. in this city. Don't know why, but he just is. And this article has been ran into the ground. Chances are this game will never even happen. Worry about beating the Saints Monday night. Looking forward to the NFC Championship (when Philly hasn't even clinched yet) is premature and dumb...

Well you know media is going to hype it up. But obviously both teams have a LONG way to go before then.

We may have to face the Saints of all teams in the divisional round.

If Philly doesn't get a bye week their road to the NFCCG is even more daunting because more than likely they would have to face the Giants again in the wildcard round, and if they somehow survived that, they would have to go to Soldier Field against the Bears against Vick's two biggest nemesis who now play on the same team in Urlacher and Peppers.

So there is much work to be done by both teams. Especially Philly who has not even clinched a playoff spot and by the looks of that schedule, they better do more than that, they better get a bye, or kiss their NFCCG berth chances bye.

The LA Falcons

think they would cheer for Vick in an NFC Championship Game in Southern Cali ??????

you guys better think about that shyt real good..........

Because A Blank is listening

Oh please.

Blank isn't near as emotionally fragile as some of you guys.

I know there are a lot of fans here in Atlanta that don't want the Falcons to face the Eagles in the playoffs. I am one of the few that want that game more than anything. If the Eagles come here for the NFC Championship Game, they are going home losers and the Vick chapter of this team team will finally be history. BRING EM ON!!!!

I know there are a lot of fans here in Atlanta that don't want the Falcons to face the Eagles in the playoffs. I am one of the few that want that game more than anything. If the Eagles come here for the NFC Championship Game, they are going home losers and the Vick chapter of this team team will finally be history. BRING EM ON!!!!

MV7 will never be gone in Falcons lore. NEVER. Y'all need to get over it. PULEASE.

The man brought us the most excitement you will ever see on a football field. EVER!!! We are now watching in Philly (watching in Philly is what I hate, really hate watching him in Philly) doing what he did for us in the ATL. If you disagree, you never, ever, consistently, watched MV7 in the ATL. Period.

The Football player...awesome. MV7.

Vick did way more than Quitrino did here. PM me if you got any questions about that bro.

As I stated before if you are a true Falcon fan Vick is part of your DNA. Face it. It's true.

Dude, in all of his laziness and off field transgressions he is still one of the best Falcons ever. Trust me on this one bro.

Do what Arthur does. Take the high road. If everyone could do this we will be better off. I promise you. Can you do that?

Are you trying out to be the new Gazoo? Telling others how they have to feel towards players? Trust me bro, you don't want to go there, I promise.

FalconinPA likes this

Speaking of that

Where is gazoo?

He surely should be here now to enjoy this success.

I assumed he has been banned considering that he would be squealing like a stuck pig over JA98's play this year if he had the chance. He would be making Anderson's rise to average as being HoF worthy.

I assumed he has been banned considering that he would be squealing like a stuck pig over JA98's play this year if he had the chance. He would be making Anderson's rise to average as being HoF worthy.

:lol:

Anderson and McClure--I think it was.

I miss him and Cappy getting into it.

Maybe he has been banned, but I don't think so.

I can't remember if he's been on this year at all.

Anyway, you just made me realize he's been missing--sorry to get off-topic.

MV7 will never be gone in Falcons lore. NEVER. Y'all need to get over it. PULEASE.

The man brought us the most excitement you will ever see on a football field. EVER!!! We are now watching in Philly (watching in Philly is what I hate, really hate watching him in Philly) doing what he did for us in the ATL. If you disagree, you never, ever, consistently, watched MV7 in the ATL. Period.

The Football player...awesome. MV7.

i disagree, and i consistently watched mv7. he rarely did what he did in philly in atlanta.

i disagree, and i consistently watched mv7. he rarely did what he did in philly in atlanta.

Everyone likes to look past Vick's new supporting cast and act like the "new" Vick is all of Vick's doing.

Vick is better coached. He has a better OC. He has better receivers. He has a TE with good knees. He has RBs that are useful inside the 20s (I'm looking at you Dunn). He is surrounded by guys that make plays for him vs guys that stood around waiting on him to make a play. The Eagles are basically in every offensive context way better than Vick's Falcons were.

Vick still isn't a pinpoint passer. Vick still has crazy velocity on 5 yard passes into the flats. Vick still runs with the ball away from his body. Eagles Vick is largely the same as Falcons Vick.

The resurgence of Mike Vick is more about where he landed and the faults in the environment he came from than him changing his habits. Vick's changes to his preparation may have helped but the story is about the playmakers he has around him and didn't have in Atlanta.

As soon as Falcons fans understand that Vick's team (players, coaches, and front office) was *blown up* because it was garbage the sooner people understand that even if Vick had Manning's work ethic the Falcons still would have only gone as far as he would have taken us largely by himself. Consider this, the Eagles, who everyone knows don't run the ball, are the 3rd best rushing team in the league this season. That pretty much tells me that Vick guarantees you a top 5 rushing offense. What does that say about the dominance of our so called great rushing offense that he "couldn't take advantage of"? Vick's Falcons were the Lions with Sanders...one really good player and no one around him to get the most out of the talent. At least Detroit fans realized it though.

I've never been annoyed by his performance this season because I knew it wasn't possible in Atlanta without getting him some help. Vick in Atlanta wasn't going to work out even without the dogfighting and work ethic issues. I was saying it 4-5 years ago and this season (and the fact that that team was dismantled) proves it.