Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconinPA

Collision Course (Eagles vs. Falcons)

111 posts in this topic

MV7 has to be in "my" DNA. Period.

yep That I believe

esp the lack of any kind Thought Process to see the dif between Right and Wrong

if you really were a real Falcons Fans, there would be no question about who was getting cheered ...

I Cant even Believe some ppl are so stupid

we have the best young QB in the NFL

a Great Championship Type Team

yet you are gonna cheer for Vick led Eagles

Shame on you

Shame on your Honor

Shame on your Values

Shame on your Team Spirit

Shame on all other Dung Piles like you

you make me Ashamed to be from Atlanta

I Swear you do

You Disgrace your

Team

City

and all Other Falcon Fans all across the world

if I were AB I would move this team as Far away from Atlanta as I Could, and not look Back

now for me of all people to say that

man

Not only are you ruining and spreading Cancer to your own Fan Base

but it effects the team i believe.....

After being so good at Home

to have 1/2 the Dome cheer for the other team in a Championship Game

I would not want to play here

I was planning on watching it but never got around to it. I heard it was pretty good but I Haven't watched BET since they took uncut off the air......

It wasn't that great. Maybe worth the watch, but you didn't miss anything amazing.

Trust me, to some extent it started happening wayyy before that. Any and every mistake (even in a victory) that he made turned into a civil war here. And good God, don't let it be a loss... :rolleyes: It just exploded when the indictment came. And it wasn't just these boards, it was the entire town. To me it was like an episode of "The Outer Limits" or something. I couldn't believe it was happening. Something (drafting Vick) that I thought was so good, turned out to be the most painful thing that ever happened to the sports scene here in Atlanta. I went to every game Vick started and after awhile I HAD to wear my iPod on the train on my way home from the game cause I just couldn't stand the nonsense spewing from people's mouths. Alcohol and Vick did NOT mix well.

Then I would come to these boards...

Uggh, I'm getting depressed just thinking about that.

We've got a good thing going now and now I feel like that scene from Star Wars where Luke Skywalker had to go face his father in order to get to the next level.

Yea even though I wasn't into the messageboard thing at the time I got a bad vibe just listening to Buck and Kincaid and the 2 live stews months before leading up to the indictment. I remember during my internship that summer I would get in my car during lunch and people call in to the shows calling in screaming on both sides. Ish was crazy. Those drives down Old Peachtree pissed me off so sometimes when I couldn't take anymore I would just listen to music, then during the breaks even the DJ's are talking about Vick isnt that crazy?!?

Dude had so much pull in this city its crazy even till this day.

Vick did way more than Quitrino did here. PM me if you got any questions about that bro.

As I stated before if you are a true Falcon fan Vick is part of your DNA. Face it. It's true.

Dude, in all of his laziness and off field transgressions he is still one of the best Falcons ever. Trust me on this one bro.

Do what Arthur does. Take the high road. If everyone could do this we will be better off. I promise you. Can you do that?

I've been a fan since 66............vick is nothing but a low life ex con who cheated the team and the city.......you forgive him if you wish ............hes less than nothing to me .

As far as taking the high road..........if Vick had walked the straight and narrow he might still be in a falcons uniform for you to worship........hes not

Bury the Vick Atlanta era - wish on. Will never happen in the ATl...NEVER.

I am a Falcon fan for life; thus an MV7 fan for life. As the previous poster stated, if you a Falcon fan; MV7 has to be in "my" DNA. Period.

GO BIRDS! LOVE MV7!!! FOREVER.

No real falcon fan could condone what wko did to the team.........your no falcon fan your a vick fan

I've been a fan since 66............vick is nothing but a low life ex con who cheated the team and the city.......you forgive him if you wish ............hes less than nothing to me .

As far as taking the high road..........if Vick had walked the straight and narrow he might still be in a falcons uniform for you to worship........hes not

The man did his time and he deserves respect. He has come a long way, and moving in the right direction. Also, maybe the best QB in football right now. The facons will find that out in due time.

The man did his time and he deserves respect. He has come a long way, and moving in the right direction. Also, maybe the best QB in football right now. The facons will find that out in due time.

why are you even here Troll

this has nothing to do with The Saints

i mean really how stupid are you?

your team Aints gonna beat Falcons nor Eagles

so what do you care ?????

I've thought about this for a while now but in some instances some people need to take their *** to prison. Vick was going down a bad path and as crazy as it sounds he is right about that being the best thing to happen to him.

Although it sucked that we had a bad season from the incident but it turned out good for both parties. We have a well grounded team now without having to rely on one player to win games, and Vick got his **** together and is back to where he left off as being the star of the NFL once again.

I have no ill will towards the man since he needed to get things right with his personal life before even considering playing football at that point in time.

He paid his debt to society and with that he is still going to be met with hostility as you can see on this board and on any blog on the web. That's what happens when you do what he did to go to prison.

It's good he has his stuff in order and playing well but when there's a championship involved my love for the guy will have to wait till after the game is over.

I don't care if he has the blessings of the pope.........hes still a low life that cheated the team and the city and he will never have respect from me nor any of those that worship him .

When he was drafted I was estatic that we were headed in the right direction.........after a few years I started to notice that he was not getting better ,he relied on raw talent instead of learning the QB position he was a running back taking snaps and tossing a few passes he could not read a defense and often looked like he was lost on the field.

When this was brought up in discussions I and others were labeled haters and racists........well turns out we were correct and YKW admitted it him self.............no I have no respect for him or any of his fans that condoned what he did

I'm kind of torn guys...

On one side, I'm glad (and proud) to see Vick back and playing the game he loves at such a high level...a level I knew he was capable of attaining when he was here. I truly believe that you deserve a second chance in life to right the ship. On the other side though, I'm sickened at the thought of how Vick has divided our fanbase. At first, I didn't want an Falcons/Eagles matchup...now, I welcome it. It's the only way that we can erase the cloud that Vick's tenure here has created...not only that, but the entire Eagles' organization. That team has had our number dating back all the way to when Vick was here. It's time to put an end to every naysayer, player, team, media persona, curse, or whatever that has kept us from taking that next step...now is that time. So, all I have to say is...

...bring it Philly!

Absolute likes this

FWIW, I believe very strongly that the Falcons' comeback story is far more inspirational than Vick's. Both Vick and the Falcons were in the toidy back in 2007. Vick's set back was of his own volition. The Falcons, of course, were put in the hole as a results of Vick's volition.

I totally understand your point, but the media in my opinion is gonna side with Vick. If we were the Cowboys, then maybe they would feel that we were the bigger story. In the article i think he even says that Vick is the talk of Atlanta. Knowing that Atlanta fans are all excited about what the Falcons are accomplishing this year. I am finally start to realize that, like it or not we are gonna forever be linked with Vick.

You all realize as well right now if the playoff picture stays the same, the Eagles will play the Giants again in the wild card round.

Let me be the first to say, after what happened this past weekend the Giants will exact thier revenge and play a full 60 minutes and blow the Eagles off the field. They need redemption for embarrassing themselves after that second half collapse, and they will get it. That will be the only way they can put to rest those embarrassing highlights still being shown and that will be thier source of motivation.

They will not punt to DeSean Jackson again, and if they get another lead like they did in the first half, they will not blow it.

See you next year Vick. Nice run this season, but the Giants are going to abuse you if they get another crack at you, even if it means 15 yd penalties. Even if you survive somehow and move on, Chicago will do the same.

You all realize as well right now if the playoff picture stays the same, the Eagles will play the Giants again in the wild card round.

Let me be the first to say, after what happened this past weekend the Giants will exact thier revenge and play a full 60 minutes and blow the Eagles off the field. They need redemption for embarrassing themselves after that second half collapse, and they will get it. That will be the only way they can put to rest those embarrassing highlights still being shown and that will be thier source of motivation.

They will not punt to DeSean Jackson again, and if they get another lead like they did in the first half, they will not blow it.

See you next year Vick. Nice run this season, but the Giants are going to abuse you if they get another crack at you, even if it means 15 yd penalties. Even if you survive somehow and move on, Chicago will do the same.

If the Giants don't win this weekend vs. The Packers they most likely wont even make the playoffs.

I'm kind of torn guys...

On one side, I'm glad (and proud) to see Vick back and playing the game he loves at such a high level...a level I knew he was capable of attaining when he was here. I truly believe that you deserve a second chance in life to right the ship. On the other side though, I'm sickened at the thought of how Vick has divided our fanbase. At first, I didn't want an Falcons/Eagles matchup...now, I welcome it. It's the only way that we can erase the cloud that Vick's tenure here has created...not only that, but the entire Eagles' organization. That team has had our number dating back all the way to when Vick was here. It's time to put an end to every naysayer, player, team, media persona, curse, or whatever that has kept us from taking that next step...now is that time. So, all I have to say is...

...bring it Philly!

My feelings exactly...Good post! Go Falcons!!!

I think the number of Vick fans would be much less than Wyche says- people aren't selling their playoff tickets to eagle fans, and I think having a super bowl on the line will make a certain percentage of Vick fans root for the falcons.

The real difference is that Ryan will play in this game- Ryan can make Vick irrelevant by keeping him on the sideline.

Here's my post on beating Vick from another thread:

1. Last time the teams played, Falcons were playing their 4th road game out of 6 games. It makes a difference. They were half a step slow, got blitzed in the first quarter.

Two thing to take from this- one, after the first quarter, Falcons settled down, it was an even game the last 3 quarters. Two- Eagles will be the ones on the road this time.

2. First six games of the year , up to the Eagles game, the O scored 21.6 points a game, since then, 30 points a game- this team is playing much better since the eagles game.

3. Spoon was out for that game, DRob missed most of it- those two will make a difference.

4. Eagles D gives up 24 points a game. 28 a game the last four. Falcons can out score them.

5. for all the excitement over Vick's comeback against the Giants- the eagles were 21 points down for a reason- they played like dung for 3 1/2 quarters- INTs, fumbles, sacks, 3 and outs.

For the comeback to happen required a 65 yard TD pass, a recovered onside kick, two 30 yard runs by Vick, the giants to fail to make a first down after the eagles were out of timeouts, and a botched punt returned for a TD. Any one of those things doesn't happen, Giants win.

Instead of a mush rush and deep coverage- making the eagles march down the field and burn up clock and run out of time, Giants blitzed and allowed big plays- the 65 yarder, the big Vick runs. That's stupid football.

Notice how the falcons had their hands team on a kickoff during the Seattle game? Giants didn't have their hands team out, and had their front five 15 yards deep and running backwards at the snap on the onside. That's just stupid football.

Giants had the ball with 5 minutes left and a 7 point lead, they force the Eagles to use their time outs, one more first down after that and the game is over, they can't do it. Not only that, they throw an incomplete pass and stop the clock. Simply running the ball would have taken another minute off the clock. That's just stupid football.

Notice a theme here- stupid decisions and plays cost the giants the game. Falcons don't play stupid.

One more thing- game tied, 1 minute 16 left, Eli can't move his team. Think Ryan might be able to?

Yeah, Vick will make some plays but the falcons will make more. They'll run the ball down the Eagles throats, Ryan will make the critical passes. The D will make two or three big plays and the falcons come out the winner.

umpcam and dirtybgirl like this

i think its gonna happen, but i just hope with it being the playoffs and the superbowl involved people will choose the side of their team over one player.

They won't beat the Bears.

You can never bury the Vick era. He's 2nd to only MLK Jr. in this city. Don't know why, but he just is. And this article has been ran into the ground. Chances are this game will never even happen. Worry about beating the Saints Monday night. Looking forward to the NFC Championship (when Philly hasn't even clinched yet) is premature and dumb...

umpcam likes this

I totally understand your point, but the media in my opinion is gonna side with Vick. If we were the Cowboys, then maybe they would feel that we were the bigger story. In the article i think he even says that Vick is the talk of Atlanta. Knowing that Atlanta fans are all excited about what the Falcons are accomplishing this year. I am finally start to realize that, like it or not we are gonna forever be linked with Vick.

Plus one day...

Seriously, if you don't want this game to happen in the ATL - you can't be a football fan! Man, this would be the game of the decade! And I got two tickets! Collision course BABY!

The media is craving for this game; the networks are craving; the city of Atlanta is craving for this game. It's called BIG TIME REVENUE FOR BIG TIME FOOTBALL!

I'm afraid you're probably right.

It frustrates me. I enjoy watching the man play. I'm impressed with how he has turned around his life and his game, and I wish him well and hope he signs a big fat contract so he can pay off his creditors.

But he screwed this town and screwed the Falcon organization. Any Falcon fan that cheers that man at the Dome is taking a massive dump on Arthur Blank. Can't think of any other way of saying it.

If our fans cheer on Vick after a touchdown or if Vick gets a big play and the crowd starts cheering, I will give up on football. I really will.

Dude, if this game happens, MV7 will be cheered out of the tunnel - you won't have to wait for a touchdown or big play. MV7 will FOREVER be "Rockstar" status in the ATL. Live with it. If not, that's your problem.

Dude, if this game happens, MV7 will be cheered out of the tunnel - you won't have to wait for a touchdown or big play. MV7 will FOREVER be "Rockstar" status in the ATL. Live with it. If not, that's your problem.

After the Falcons win a Super Bowl, it will be over.

That's all it will take.

Yeah, I love the part about the house that people refer to the dome as the house that Vick built. Just trying to keep controversy!!

I thought it was the house that Deion built?? :ph34r:

Vick had his issues as a passer while a Falcon, but he was able to lead this team to wins. His leadership led Atlanta to a level of success & made expectations higher. His downfall shattered his career & our hopes. He had to rebuild his life; we had to rebuild our team. I don't know him as a person, only as a personality on TV. But I do see a change in his play @ QB. He actually appears to have learned how to open a playbook. But we have done better as well. Our team doesn't have a primadona on it. We have an offense that is balanced & a passing game that's not easily shut down. It doesn't matter if the Dome is 50% Vick fans & 50% Falcon fans. They play the game on the field. Our team won in New Orleans in the face of 80,000+ Saints fans, overcoming several plays that the old Falcons would've folded like lawnchairs. The players don't care who they'll play in the NFCCG. They want to win the SB. So why should we care? Tony Gonzalez came here just to get the ring. I admit I will hate to have to endure looking at & hearing the Eagle/Vick fans during the game, but wouldn't it make it sweeter when we won? We would be more ticked as fans if Philly were in this position & we were still floundering like the Lions in the post-Millen era. We are blessed to have this team, this coaching staff, this management, & this owner. It's time to believe in them like they obviously believe in themselves. It doesn't matter if it's the Eagles,Bears,Giants,Packers, or whoever. They stand between us & the Lombardi. That's all that matters.

Epic post sir.