Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconinPA

Collision Course (Eagles vs. Falcons)

111 posts in this topic

I know everyone is sick of the Eagles vs. Falcons talk. Trust me, living in Pa I can't escape it. People see my Falcons gear and automatically want to talk Eagles versus Falcons. This article is one of the reasons I don't want to play the Eagles, not to mention I don't think we match up well against them.

The media is all ready talking about this game and the playoff positions haven't even been set or begun? The are gonna be like a bunch of rabid dogs if this scenario were to come true. Then they all will be on the Eagles side, because everybody loves a great comeback story. I truly hope the collision course can be avoided. Warning: This article make be sickening!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d115b3/article/vick-falcons-appear-on-collision-course-for-spot-in-super-bowl?module=HP_cp2

falconsd56 likes this

I almost vomited reading that.

my response

omg, if Falcons fans cheered Vick again, i would stop watching Football, any Falcon Fan that cheers for vick dont deserve a team as good as Falcons...

its a slap in the face to A Blank, TD M Smith and esp M Ryan ,

who by the way can Break D Marinos record for most wins in 1st 3 yrs this yr, hes the best young qb in the league, has DONE all the right things, not just talked about doing the right things,

put the dogfighting aside

Ryan hasnt been Caught with any water Bottles

or a case of the Sniffles at a presser

Ryan Deserves better from Falcons Fans, and as a Long time Falcon fan, i am gonna reserve the right to get drunk and puke on anyone who even starts to cheer for Vick.....if this game even happens

kane#7 and dilkin like this

i think its gonna happen, but i just hope with it being the playoffs and the superbowl involved people will choose the side of their team over one player.

There were a few comments in the article I have a problem with, but mostly it was on point.

Mostly, the article illustrates why the Falcons absolutely have to win that game if it happens.

The good news is that the Bears will be the 2 seed if they win out and the Eagles will have to go through Chicago to get to Atlanta.

I think that will be a tough game for Philly to win. Chicago's defense is far far superior to Philly's and Cutler is playing very well right now.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

i think its gonna happen, but i just hope with it being the playoffs and the superbowl involved people will choose the side of their team over one player.

if they dont choose their team , in a Championship game... they dont deserve a team at all.....

The LA Falcons

think they would cheer for Vick in an NFC Championship Game in Southern Cali ??????

you guys better think about that shyt real good..........

Because A Blank is listening

rounz likes this

Deion built the house. Vick put stucco on it. Ryan is going to put the iron on the mantel.

I think this is a very good article. The only thing I would add is that thousands disliked Vick the day he showed up in April of 2001. Long before the bud, the bird and the bulls.

The one thing that hit home with me was this:

Either way, Vick is part of its history

The sooner we learn this the better off we all will be. Trust me.

If you are a true Falcon fan then Vick is part of your Falcon DNA.

Accept that and move on. Be like Arthur. Support him, wish him well and beat the hail out of him when you play him. If everybody did this there would be no Vick issues.

chifalc, dirtybgirl and sourdiesal like this

i think we could beat phili. I know they spanked us earlier, but coach smith would go all-out to win this game. The most upsetting thing to me would be the idiots from Atlanta going to the dome and chanting "Vick"

Plus the fact that Andy Ried & Vick both act like they want revenge against atlanta.. bc we did what exactly? Overpaid him, trusted him, had our franchise crumble to shambles when he got locked up? Poor vick.

There were a few comments in the article I have a problem with, but mostly it was on point.

Mostly, the article illustrates why the Falcons absolutely have to win that game if it happens.

The good news is that the Bears will be the 2 seed if they win out and the Eagles will have to go through Chicago to get to Atlanta.

I think that will be a tough game for Philly to win. Chicago's defense is far far superior to Philly's and Cutler is playing very well right now.

agree completely, especially about the article. With Filly having to go play in Chi-town, I think that really hurts them. The cold & outdoors will slow them down some & if it's (hopefully) a sloppy, snowy, wet day, that will affect their speed even more.

Agree with the OP, we don't match up with filly well & I'm not looking forward to that matchup if it happens.

Vick had his issues as a passer while a Falcon, but he was able to lead this team to wins. His leadership led Atlanta to a level of success & made expectations higher. His downfall shattered his career & our hopes. He had to rebuild his life; we had to rebuild our team. I don't know him as a person, only as a personality on TV. But I do see a change in his play @ QB. He actually appears to have learned how to open a playbook. But we have done better as well. Our team doesn't have a primadona on it. We have an offense that is balanced & a passing game that's not easily shut down. It doesn't matter if the Dome is 50% Vick fans & 50% Falcon fans. They play the game on the field. Our team won in New Orleans in the face of 80,000+ Saints fans, overcoming several plays that the old Falcons would've folded like lawnchairs. The players don't care who they'll play in the NFCCG. They want to win the SB. So why should we care? Tony Gonzalez came here just to get the ring. I admit I will hate to have to endure looking at & hearing the Eagle/Vick fans during the game, but wouldn't it make it sweeter when we won? We would be more ticked as fans if Philly were in this position & we were still floundering like the Lions in the post-Millen era. We are blessed to have this team, this coaching staff, this management, & this owner. It's time to believe in them like they obviously believe in themselves. It doesn't matter if it's the Eagles,Bears,Giants,Packers, or whoever. They stand between us & the Lombardi. That's all that matters.

Accept that and move on. Be like Arthur. Support him, wish him well and beat the hail out of him when you play him. If everybody did this there would be no Vick issues.

I suppose we have to love and support Petrino too.

Um no. If it was just off the field issues it would be one thing but he was paid handsomely and he was lazy and he didn't always give his all in games. I will not support him. Are you crazy? I don't want him doing for someone else what he could have done for us had he worked harder.

I know everyone is sick of the Eagles vs. Falcons talk. Trust me, living in Pa I can't escape it. People see my Falcons gear and automatically want to talk Eagles versus Falcons. This article is one of the reasons I don't want to play the Eagles, not to mention I don't think we match up well against them.

The media is all ready talking about this game and the playoff positions haven't even been set or begun? The are gonna be like a bunch of rabid dogs if this scenario were to come true. Then they all will be on the Eagles side, because everybody loves a great comeback story. I truly hope the collision course can be avoided. Warning: This article make be sickening!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d115b3/article/vick-falcons-appear-on-collision-course-for-spot-in-super-bowl?module=HP_cp2

FWIW, I believe very strongly that the Falcons' comeback story is far more inspirational than Vick's. Both Vick and the Falcons were in the toidy back in 2007. Vick's set back was of his own volition. The Falcons, of course, were put in the hole as a results of Vick's volition.

To add to this there were 3 players that Vick Always had trouble with when he was here.

Derrick Brooks, Julius Peppers, and Brian Urlacher...

The Bears are the team that matches up the best to the Philly offense and they also have a dangerous weapon in the return game Philly would need to worry about in Hester.

Matt Ryan, Smitty, TD, and the rest of the team doesn't deserve to hear anyone applause or cheer for the opposing team. I doubt that I'd be able to go to a Falcons/Eagles games without getting into some kind of physical altercation. :ph34r:

Hope for a Jets win over the bears, and for the Eagles to win out so we'll face Vick in the NFCCG rather than the second round. if were going to knock Vick and the Eagles off, then let it be in the biggest game possible.

Matt Ryan, Smitty, TD, and the rest of the team doesn't deserve to hear anyone applause or cheer for the opposing team. I doubt that I'd be able to go to a Falcons/Eagles games without getting into some kind of physical altercation. :ph34r:

Hope for a Jets win over the bears, and for the Eagles to win out so we'll face Vick in the NFCCG rather than the second round. if were going to knock Vick and the Eagles off, then let it be in the biggest game possible.

If we're the #1 seed there's no way we would play the number 2 or 3 seed until the NFCCG.

We would always play the lowest seed so the absolute highest seed we would see for the first game would be the 4th seed.

my response

omg, if Falcons fans cheered Vick again, i would stop watching Football, any Falcon Fan that cheers for vick dont deserve a team as good as Falcons...

its a slap in the face to A Blank, TD M Smith and esp M Ryan ,

who by the way can Break D Marinos record for most wins in 1st 3 yrs this yr, hes the best young qb in the league, has DONE all the right things, not just talked about doing the right things,

put the dogfighting aside

Ryan hasnt been Caught with any water Bottles

or a case of the Sniffles at a presser

Ryan Deserves better from Falcons Fans, and as a Long time Falcon fan, i am gonna reserve the right to get drunk and puke on anyone who even starts to cheer for Vick.....if this game even happens

If this game occurs, I plan to wear "all" of my plenty MV7 gear and cheer proudly for Mike. PROUDLY. Go MV7!

Who fans cheer for shouldn't have any bearing on the outcome of the game, unless our players are so sensitive that they can't focus on the task at hand and that hasn't proven to be the case this year, and if that is the case, they need to pick up their paychecks with ski masks on. If the Falcons do their job the crowd will be on their side, if they don't then they'll get the opposite. I think if both teams get to that point, the matchup definitely isn't as favorable as i would like, mainly because the Eagles make you defend every blade of grass and will be on a fast surface, along with the fact that #7 has played against and practiced against some of our defensive players during his tenure here. Andy Reids first 15 plays would be to strike fast, get a lead and take the crowd out of it early and we can't let that happen! Oh well, back to the reality of Week 16, GO FALCONS BEAT THE SAINTS!

If this game occurs, I plan to wear "all" of my plenty MV7 gear and cheer proudly for Mike. PROUDLY. Go MV7!

i hope you die in a car crash on your way to the Dome

maybe Falcons should move to LA with this kind of Garbage Fan Base....

azfalcon928 likes this