I Hope Turner is the Burner and not Burned Out

slewis1952

With Michael Turner now on 300 carries for the season and at least 3 and perhaps 5 games left, I am hoping that we are able to scale his carries back a little. We were supposedly going to get him fewer touches this year, but he will get close to the 376 carries of a few years ago. When it is garbage time, run Gartrell Johnson or Snelling, or Ovie and lets let Turner regenerate for the playoffs. We didn't need Turner for 5-6 off tackle carries against Seattle at the end. Any running back could have done it. We ran Jamaal Anderson over 400 times in 1998 and a year later he was injured and gone. Maybe one had nothing to do with the other, but a fresh Turner in the playoffs is HUGE! New England cannot stop the run, the Saints can't, Philadelphia has horrible run defense. Just my thoughts because like the 1966 song says, THERE'S SOMETHING HAPPENING HERE......! GO FALCONS

Well I am sure he will see a good amount of touches against the aints but with a win on Monday night Turner would be one of the guys that doesn't need to play at all against Carolina. We could give the Burner 3 weeks off and I dont care how many carries he finishes with if the big guy has 3 weeks to get rested he will be well rested.

Just a question about this thread... if you're not going to use Turner who are you going to use? Snelling is coming off an injury, Johnson is unproven and Smith is usually inactive. Like others have said you ride Turner for the Saints game and with a win hopefully you give him a few series against the Panties and then sit him.

Something else to consider, there would be 13-14 days between the end of the Panthers game and the Divisional Round. That's a nice break on the legs and for the players in general.

Well, he had 376 in the 2008 regular season so he's on pace for a lot less than that. He should be fine if we can put the Saints down Monday night. Let him get a few carries and rest up til Jan 15/16.

but he also proved the 375 curse, since he was burnt out the next year.

i think he will be fine. as someone said before in the thread. saints game is the only game we will need to overwork him if we win it. he could rest for three weeks.

Just a question about this thread... if you're not going to use Turner who are you going to use? Snelling is coming off an injury, Johnson is unproven and Smith is usually inactive. Like others have said you ride Turner for the Saints game and with a win hopefully you give him a few series against the Panties and then sit him.

Something else to consider, there would be 13-14 days between the end of the Panthers game and the Divisional Round. That's a nice break on the legs and for the players in general.

agree with this. I think if Snelling had not of been lit up and fumbled on back to back plays in the Seahawks game then we might would have seen more of him in that one. My bet is Snelling has 20+ carries against Carolina & Turner may get 5 or so.

The Curse of 350 or more rushes is true only in the Fact that all teams

including the Falcons have mis managed the player during the off season.

We know what Turner did the year before and we know what he did for this year.

The thing with Turner is that he carries a lot of weight and he also has

a higher percentage of body fat than a lot of running backs.

If he has 400 rushes by the time all is said and done, we can in fact

break the curse.

During the off season Turner will need aerobics and the weight room,

just purely to drop 10 lbs of weight.

Limit his Training Camp and I guarantee you that he will hit the field

faster than ever before.

Guaranteed

Dude would be down to a skrawny 240 lbs.