Does this make sense?

wuskillzz

I was doing incine dumbell press about a month ago and something popped in my shoulder. My shoulder doesnt hurt or anything normally. However, it can be uncomfortable for me doing certain sets.

Anyways, it bothers me when I do warm up sets of 135 and 185 when doing barbell bench press. However, once I move up to 225 it doesnt bother me. I havent been going up any further than that and only doing 12 reps per set.

Does that make sense for it to hurt less with more weight?

II know it would probably heal quicker if I took some time off, but getting older (38) and it seems to take longer for me to come back from layoff than in the past. For example, I had to take two weeks off in July due tto being bit by brown recluse and felt really weak when I came back for a week or so.

I was doing incine dumbell press about a month ago and something popped in my shoulder. My shoulder doesnt hurt or anything normally. However, it can be uncomfortable for me doing certain sets.

Anyways, it bothers me when I do warm up sets of 135 and 185 when doing barbell bench press. However, once I move up to 225 it doesnt bother me. I havent been going up any further than that and only doing 12 reps per set.

Does that make sense for it to hurt less with more weight?

II know it would probably heal quicker if I took some time off, but getting older (38) and it seems to take longer for me to come back from layoff than in the past. For example, I had to take two weeks off in July due tto being bit by brown recluse and felt really weak when I came back for a week or so.

2 things you need to do, find exercises that don't put a lot of stress on the shoulders, and do a proper warm up for your shoulders. Do a search on shoulder pre-hab and start doing those before you start doing heavy pressing motions

And LOL at the only doing 12 reps per set. Anything over 3 for me is too much...lol

2 things you need to do, find exercises that don't put a lot of stress on the shoulders, and do a proper warm up for your shoulders. Do a search on shoulder pre-hab and start doing those before you start doing heavy pressing motions

And LOL at the only doing 12 reps per set. Anything over 3 for me is too much...lol

I have switched to Smith Machine on incline press and shoulder press and not been going down as far. I have been doing about three warm up routines for shoulders but obviously need to add more. Somebody at gym said they had done the rehab stuff also and it eventually healed.

Yep, I used to be a workout warrior in my Military days and I would do dips and hang (2) 45lbs plates off of my waist...While I did the dips I would feel nothing in my shoulder but as soon as the pressure let off, I would almost crumble to the floor in pain, and it ended up being a torn cuff

I am afraid of dips right now. Havent tried them since then. Not because of being in pain just do not trust shoulder yet. Did the multiple plates annoy you? My gym has some 100lb plates and it almost seems easier to use it than than having to deal with two 45 plates.

Its getting a little better. Its wasnt as bad when doing warm up set for flat bench and can now do reverse grip flat bench without it hurting. At first, I couldnt even do bar on that due to discomfort. Still not pushing it, stoping at 155

I am afraid of dips right now. Havent tried them since then. Not because of being in pain just do not trust shoulder yet. Did the multiple plates annoy you? My gym has some 100lb plates and it almost seems easier to use it than than having to deal with two 45 plates.

Its getting a little better. Its wasnt as bad when doing warm up set for flat bench and can now do reverse grip flat bench without it hurting. At first, I couldnt even do bar on that due to discomfort. Still not pushing it, stoping at 155

I never had any other option than the multiple plates until much later and they got some 100lb dumbbells. I think our injuries may be different, I never did any straight bar bench press but the dumbbell press I did do didn't hurt, now dumbbell kickbacks to work my tri's killed me, those and the dips are the reason I haven't seen the inside of a gym in 7 years...It just hurt too bad, and I still can't throw a rock 20 yards

I never had any other option than the multiple plates until much later and they got some 100lb dumbbells. I think our injuries may be different, I never did any straight bar bench press but the dumbbell press I did do didn't hurt, now dumbbell kickbacks to work my tri's killed me, those and the dips are the reason I haven't seen the inside of a gym in 7 years...It just hurt too bad, and I still can't throw a rock 20 yards

I think they might be too. I am hoping I just tweaked mine especially since its slowly getting better. That sucks that your injury is that bad. It probably wouldnt be as frustrating if I hadnt just gotten over that dang spider bite