Thank you, Rich McKay

Power I

Here's a list of players contributing to the current success of the Falcons that were acquired under Rich McKay:

Eric Weems

Michael Jenkins

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Tyson Clabo

Roddy White

Chris Redman

Jason Snelling

Ovie Mughelli

Jamaal Anderson

Chauncey Davis

Jonathan Babineaux

Trey Lewis

John Abraham

Stephen Nicholas

Brent Grimes

Michael Koenen

I think it's safe to say we wouldn't be having the success we're having without the contributions of many of these players. People applaud Dimitroff for his personnel evaluations and I agree that he has been amazing, but Rich McKay deserves some respect for bringing these players on board. We might not have seen some success with them until we got a competent coaching staff, but McKay did a heck of a job with these players.

Here's a list of players contributing to the current success of the Falcons that were acquired under Rich McKay:

Eric Weems

Michael Jenkins

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Tyson Clabo

Roddy White

Chris Redman

Jason Snelling

Ovie Mughelli

Jamaal Anderson

Chauncey Davis

Jonathan Babineaux

Trey Lewis

John Abraham

Stephen Nicholas

Brent Grimes

Michael Koenen

I think it's safe to say we wouldn't be having the success we're having without the contributions of many of these players. People applaud Dimitroff for his personnel evaluations and I agree that he has been amazing, but Rich McKay deserves some respect for bringing these players on board. We might not have seen some success with them until we got a competent coaching staff, but McKay did a heck of a job with these players.

+1

Eric Weems

Michael Jenkins

Justin Blalock

Harvey Dahl

Tyson Clabo

Roddy White

Chris Redman

Jason Snelling

Ovie Mughelli

Jamaal Anderson

Chauncey Davis

Jonathan Babineaux

Trey Lewis

John Abraham

Stephen Nicholas

Brent Grimes

Michael Koenen

there are atleast 6 pro bowl type players on that list and you are talking 3 or 4 that are the best in the NFL at their Postion

R White

O Mughelli

J Abraham

J Babs

T Clabo

those guys are the the best at what they do, and thats a good start to an all pro team

so yea, Rich has done a great job with us

there are atleast 6 pro bowl type players on that list and you are talking 3 or 4 that are the best in the NFL at their Postion

R White

O Mughelli

J Abraham

J Babs

T Clabo

those guys are the the best at what they do, and thats a good start to an all pro team

so yea, Rich has done a great job with us

I was looking over the roster and started thinking about how much flak McKay got as our GM. I decided to look at just how much of an impact he has even today, three years into Dimitroff's current reign. It surprised me at how much talent is still on our roster from McKay.

Thanks for posting this. It's very interesting to see just how much of our roster was drafted or otherwise brought in by McKay.

It's also interesting to see how much better some of these players are under the current regime than they were under Mora and/or Petrino. Just goes to show how much of a difference coaching can make in this league!

Just for comparison's sake; five of eleven draft picks from 2007 (Rich) are still with the team, and six of eleven still remain from 2008 (TD). ;)

It's just 2004-06 that was so miserable. Only four picks out of 20 still remain. Eight are no longer in the NFL.

But really, his ship went down with Petrino. Blank wanted a fresh start everywhere in the FO to remove that stench left from the '07 season.