Vick did it again, Has Ryan ever had a comeback game like this

atlhomey

This.....

The Vick fans act like Ryan was the District Attorney who helped put Vick in prison.

It's actually pretty funny once you recognize how pathetic it is.

You were right in that thread and your right in this now. Just don't act like there are some super haters in this forum that just hate Vick for other reasons than football.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were right in that thread and your right in this now. Just don't act like there are some super haters in this forum that just hate Vick for other reasons than football.

I HATE ykw for what he did to the Falcons the dog fighting and the laziness he displayed before the dogfighting was revealed.

I ALSO HATE ykw fans on this board that still support this sorry peice of humanity in fact from this point on I'm going to put every ykw fan that posts on my ignore list and this is a great thread to start that list.........goodbye

sam

the Eagles comeback was awesome, and Vick had an amazing 4th quarter.

Ryan has led his team to last minute game-winning drives twice against teams that will likely make the playoffs (Ravens and Packers). iirc, Ryan has led the Falcons to 12 4th quarter comebacks over his 3 years.

you're forgetting the first part of what makes a 21pt 4th qtr comeback possible - your team has to be down by 21 in the 4th qtr. Ryan's Falcons haven't faced that deficit in a 4th qtr this season.

Vick is having a great year, and deserving of MVP praise (Brady will win it, and deservedly so for 21 TDs and 0 INTS over 7 games, along with the best record in the league). what they accomplished (you're wrong that he did it by himself - McCoy and Jackson played key roles) against the Giants is the best comeback in a looooong time.

Matt Ryan is now 32-12, tied with Dan Marino for the most wins for a QB in his first 3 years. 3 straight winning seasons - the first Falcons QB to ever accomplish consecutive winning seasons. he doesn't have to take a backseat to any former ATL QB.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy

I'm not "acting" like anything......

Are there people who hate Vick because he doesn't look like them? Yep.

Just like there are people who hate Ryan because he doesn't look like them.

A sorry side of some human nature I guess.

I'm not "acting" like anything......

Are there people who hate Vick because he doesn't look like them? Yep.

Just like there are people who hate Ryan because he doesn't look like them.

A sorry side of some human nature I guess.

Don't disagree at all with this post. as you can see atlhomey is on one side and everyone else is on the other. I tend to agree that that performance from Vick was one of the great comebacks but I still think Ryan has accomplished many comebacks as well without throwing shots at either.

I just have a problem with those discrediting an accomplishment over something other than football. If it was Kitna that pulled that crap out on a team I bet no one here would **** on his play but since it's Vick you have to pull all the cards out to make it seem he didn't do anything impressive.

For a comeback to happen your team has to be down to come back from something. So for those that say that Vick put his team in that position to begin with-If Ryan has so many comeback wins does that mean he let his team get in that position more than any the past 3 years? You can't have it both ways you know (not meaning you gritz.)

I'm getting sick of Vick being compared to Ryan. Vick shouldn't even be mentioned in these forums unless he's been injured or the Falcons beat him. I really hope Vick comes to The Dome so, Abe can bust him up. Don't forget that the ***** gave ATL the finger so, if you all are real Falcon fans then stop mentioning him and enjoy the fact that Falcons are on top.

haha u really want this explosive eagles offense at the dome, talk about added motivation....vick is a redemption run....we already beat this softass falcons with our backup qb kolb....

sorry to ruin your fantasy, but Falcons fans are very happy we get to watch #2 lead the team. i for one feel lucky

that Ryan plays for my team - i was a dummy and wanted the Falcons to draft Dorsey with that pick (using the traditional logic of building a team from the LOS).

real Falcons fans know that the last three years are like nothing we've ever experienced: no QB had ever led ATL to consecutive winning seasons; Ryan has been here 3 years, and the Falcons are on their 3rd consecutive winning season.

i've been a Falcons fans for 30+ years. i was a 9yo crying when the Cowboys (and that **** Danny White!) broke our hearts in 1980. i was elated when the Falcons drafted Vick, and cheered for him the entire time he was here - even when he (also) couldn't beat the Eagles in 2004. he was amazing to watch. he could have been even better if he had been more mature. if Vick had acted responsibly, like a grown man not an immature idiot, he would still be a Falcon and i'd still be cheering for him. Vick now admits he was lazy as a Falcon and refers to his problems as "self-inflicted." good for him. great for Philly - Vick is a one of a kind superstar. i don't begrudge him any of the success he's earning now.

but i'm very satisfied with Matt Ryan. he's proven he's a winner and Atlanta is experiencing the most sustained success they've EVER had with him leading the franchise.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy

If all it took was to work really hard like Ryan then more than half of this board would be in the NFL. Just because you are a hard worker doesn't make you a great athlete. Vick made it to multiple pro bowls and got us to an NFC championship game just off of talent and being lazy while here. Now if your that lazy and can still accomplish that much shows how much talent was there compared to someone that has to give 110% at all times to reach that level.

Ryan does everything the right way and studies his butt off and he deserves props for that. He helped us get in position for homefield advantage in the playoffs. Talent wise Ryan could be the best qb in franchise history, but Vick has the talent to have become the greatest qb to ever play which is a much bigger accomplishment.

Now back to the topic. If any other qb orchestrated that comeback they would get accolades but since its Vick obviously some here are not going to give him credit. If Ryan did that he would be the greatest ever right?

Did you actually read what i typed. I already conceded that Vick has more natural talent than any QB in the NFL.

Why do you root for a man that works hard for the other team. Also in a previous post you mentioned weems saving the falcons from the bucs and it wasnt ryan; So what.

He was lazy for the falcons and is a hard worker for the eagles. How is that great UNLESS you are a Vick and/or eagles fan.

It took Vick how many years to get an opportunity like this. I already rebutted this idea of yours since you are comparing a 3 year career with a 7 year career. More years= more opportunity. Vick should have 9 but it seems he had other extracurricular activities that kept him *couph* busy.

Why don't you compare Matt Ryan to what Vick is doing now in another 4 years.

Or better yet; Compare Matt Ryan's first 3 years to Vick's first 3 years.

I would take Ryan.

Edited by Aria7

sorry to ruin your fantasy, but Falcons fans are very happy we get to watch #2 lead the team. i for one feel lucky

that Ryan plays for my team - i was a dummy and wanted the Falcons to draft Dorsey with that pick (using the traditional logic of building a team from the LOS).

real Falcons fans know that the last three years are like nothing we've ever experienced: no QB had ever led ATL to consecutive winning seasons; Ryan has been here 3 years, and the Falcons are on their 3rd consecutive winning season.

i've been a Falcons fans for 30+ years. i was a 9yo crying when the Cowboys (and that **** Danny White!) broke our hearts in 1980. i was elated when the Falcons drafted Vick, and cheered for him the entire time he was here - even when he (also) couldn't beat the Eagles in 2004. he was amazing to watch. he could have been even better if he had been more mature. if Vick had acted responsibly, like a grown man not an immature idiot, he would still be a Falcon and i'd still be cheering for him. Vick now admits he was lazy as a Falcon and refers to his problems as "self-inflicted." good for him. great for Philly - Vick is a one of a kind superstar. i don't begrudge him any of the success he's earning now.

but i'm very satisfied with Matt Ryan. he's proven he's a winner and Atlanta is experiencing the most sustained success they've EVER had with him leading the franchise.

Good post and its great you stuck with the team throughout the troubles we've had. I've only been a fan of the team since 98 but I can appreciate the old heads representing the team.

I can acknowledge Vick didn't put 100% effort and didnt work as hard as anyone else. I can acknowledge that he committed a heinous crime and went to prison for 23 months. He lied to Arthur Blank and ended up being cut from the team for his actions and I would have done the same thing if I was in that position.

The thing is this guy with his lack of effort became the face of the league, lead his team to the playoffs twice and NFCCS appearance, beat Greenbay in Greenbay which was the first team that ever done it., and got this team national recognition to the heights thats never been before and somehow one really bad year erases all of that?

To act like Vick has been on some Ryan Leaf stuff when he was here is uncalled for. Yea he put a bad light on us for a short stint but he also put us on national television for multiple years. We only have two national games this year and Philly has half of their games broadcast across the nation bc of him along with two flexed games and one was when we had a game against the bucs the same week.

With that said even though Vick is bigger than what some here hate on him being, there is no reason to put down Matt Ryan in the process. He does what he's supposed to do and gets us wins. He works hard and fights till the end so that deserves a lot of credit to his part. He may not be physically gifted as others but his determination gets him buy. Both players are playing well so there is no reason to prays one to make the other look bad.

i don't fault Vick completely for how he didn't have the right mindset while a Falcon. who the heck did?

Mike Smith has been SUCH a breath of fresh air. an actual football coach. Reeves was in the same mold, but truthfully, past his prime and no longer as intense and focused as HCs need to be.

the entire franchise is 180 degrees different than when Vick was here. he may have still done stupid stuff in the offseason, but his on-field play under Mike Smith would have been as good as he's doing now with Philly. as a football player, Vick never loafed on the field - the man put the Falcons on his back and carried them to the NFC championship game. Vick was NEVER lazy on gameday - he just had no clue about how to act as an adult in preparing for his job. as a kid who left college early and came from a crappy home life, he chased the same superficial shiny things that most people who lacked proper supervision and parenting do. he needed time to grow up. it's sad that it took his entire 20's and his horrible crimes (and subsequent prison time) to get his mind right, but it could be worse - he could still be the Mike Vick he was with Atlanta, and it's becoming clear he's not. good for him. i'll never cheer for him, but not because of any of that; he's an Eagle now. that alone is worth booing :P

To Aira7;

Weems? I think your mixing me up with another poster since I never talked about special teams.

Now since you replied to my comment it seems you dodged almost everything I said.

If all it took was to work really hard like Ryan then more than half of this board would be in the NFL. Just because you are a hard worker doesn't make you a great athlete. Vick made it to multiple pro bowls and got us to an NFC championship game just off of talent and being lazy while here. Now if your that lazy and can still accomplish that much shows how much talent was there compared to someone that has to give 110% at all times to reach that level.

My first paragraph as you can see is that Vick accomplished a lot here while being lazy but you talking about his performance now. It was just to show you although he was getting buy on just talent that doesn't mean putting in 110% like Ryan doesn't mean you can accomplish the same. If that was the case there would be a lot more players in the NFL with great heart but little talent.

Ryan does everything the right way and studies his butt off and he deserves props for that. He helped us get in position for homefield advantage in the playoffs. Talent wise Ryan could be the best qb in franchise history, but Vick has the talent to have become the greatest qb to ever play which is a much bigger accomplishment.

It seems like you forgot to mention I gave credit to Ryan this year but obviously it doesn't help your argument does it? Ryan has did a lot of great things here for the past 3 years but it hasn't resonated outside of the metro area. Franchise-wise yeah he is up there but nationally he is just getting his feet wet. Vick took 9 years to get where he needs to be as a passer I agree, but before the dog stuff he was the face of the NFL in his first 3 years. how many players do you know can take 2 years off for anything (prison included) and come back and be in MVP contention? That's pure talent if you like it or not.

Now back to the topic. If any other qb orchestrated that comeback they would get accolades but since its Vick obviously some here are not going to give him credit. If Ryan did that he would be the greatest ever right?

So are you going to answer that question I posted earlier? He lead his team to a comeback which has been all over tv today so does it deserve any credit? If you say no then that means every comeback that Ryan has had means nothing as well. That's my whole point you can't give props to one player doing something and then crap an another who does the same thing.

i don't fault Vick completely for how he didn't have the right mindset while a Falcon. who the heck did?

Mike Smith has been SUCH a breath of fresh air. an actual football coach. Reeves was in the same mold, but truthfully, past his prime and no longer as intense and focused as HCs need to be.

the entire franchise is 180 degrees different than when Vick was here. he may have still done stupid stuff in the offseason, but his on-field play under Mike Smith would have been as good as he's doing now with Philly. as a football player, Vick never loafed on the field - the man put the Falcons on his back and carried them to the NFC championship game. Vick was NEVER lazy on gameday - he just had no clue about how to act as an adult in preparing for his job. as a kid who left college early and came from a crappy home life, he chased the same superficial shiny things that most people who lacked proper supervision and parenting do. he needed time to grow up. it's sad that it took his entire 20's and his horrible crimes (and subsequent prison time) to get his mind right, but it could be worse - he could still be the Mike Vick he was with Atlanta, and it's becoming clear he's not. good for him. i'll never cheer for him, but not because of any of that; he's an Eagle now. that alone is worth booing :P

I like you, no homo :lol:

Another great, honest, and unhateful post. +1

pause, granddad :P

my lady got me Season 1 of The Boondocks for xmas. Riley makes me :lol:

seriously, i'm just so happy to have a legit TEAM to watch. Falcons fans have had superstars to root for (the young'uns think Vick is the end all be all, but they don't remember Priiiime Tiiime). but usually we had to watch them toil on flawed teams. now we finally have and ORGANIZATION and i know what fans of real football teams feel like.

ATL still lacks breakaway speed on offense and another pass rusher. either PHI or NO will give the Falcons fits in the playoffs. as long as Atlanta plays the type of ball they have been (win the turnover battle, control the ball, and limit penalties), i think they'll have a good showing in the playoffs. this is only Year Three of the new regime, plenty of time to enjoy the progression.

The Eagles comeback game was better than that. The score 31-10 with 7 minutes left in the fourth qtr dude. Best comeback in NFL history. Final score was 38-31. Give credit where credit is due. Ryan has never had a comeback of that caliber. NOT ONLY WAS THE EAGLES GAME BETTER, BUT IT WAS MORE ON THE LINE LIKE FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION

How was it "more on the line" when the Buffalo/Houston game was a wild card PLAY-OFF game, lose and go home? :wacko:

KILLED EM! With Kevin Kolb! :lol:Imagine if Vick played that game

I posted a playoff scenario in Around the NFL and in spite of the Vick factor I don't have the Eagles even making it out of the first round. The Giants have made Vick look average in all but one quarter this year. Granted, that was one helluva quarter. But the Eagles are always one big hit away from it all slipping away.

I call the overreactions to Vick's play "getting some Vick in your eye". Happened all the time when he was in Atlanta, seemed like we were supposed to win every game we played just because he tied up his laces.

You should get some topical cream for that.