Vick did it again, Has Ryan ever had a comeback game like this

atlhomey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRGlJYujYo&feature=sub

I dont know how the Eagles won, but they did.

The Eagles are much more explosive than the Giants.

Also, I think the Eagles outlasted the Giants when it came down to the stretch. The Giants are also inconsistent. They have their big ups, and their big downs. They also turnover the ball a lot, which doesn't help them. LOL.

And DeSean Jackson's PR for a touchdown was ridiculous. :o

The Eagles are much more explosive than the Giants.

Also, I think the Eagles outlasted the Giants when it came down to the stretch. The Giants are also inconsistent. They have their big ups, and their big downs. They also turnover the ball a lot, which doesn't help them. LOL.

And DeSean Jackson's PR for a touchdown was ridiculous. :o

Yeah The Giants have a better defense than the Falcons have played all season. They are ranked #2 in the league. Vick beat them twice. He beat the cowboys and they are playing good since they fired wade. The NFC East is a much tougher division than NFC South. Ryan has been beating some BUM teams lately. However it does feel good to win, but when we play better teams in the playoffs. It will be something to take a look at.

That was good but Vick is no Frank Reich :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZIOwxOOQmWw

The Eagles comeback game was better than that. The score 31-10 with 7 minutes left in the fourth qtr dude. Best comeback in NFL history. Final score was 38-31. Give credit where credit is due. Ryan has never had a comeback of that caliber. NOT ONLY WAS THE EAGLES GAME BETTER, BUT IT WAS MORE ON THE LINE LIKE FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION

Edited by atlhomey

The Eagles comeback game was better than that. The score 31-10 with 7 minutes left in the fourth qtr dude. Best comeback in NFL history. Final score was 38-31. Give credit where credit is due. Ryan has never had a comeback of that caliber.

The bills comeback was GOAT so I have to agree with the other guy, However "the miracle in the NEW Meadowlands" is going down in the history books. Ryan had a great comeback vs. the bears but it has nothing on this game.

The bills comeback was GOAT so I have to agree with the other guy, However "the miracle in the NEW Meadowlands" is going down in the history books. Ryan had a great comeback vs. the bears but it has nothing on this game.

The Bears were'nt a good team that year Ryan played them. Matter a fact they had a losing season in 08" . This season the Bears have been decent. Diffrence is Vick actually beat a team with a winning record 2 times in a row and the team he beat are ranked #2 in defense in the entire league.

Edited by atlhomey

The Bears were'nt a good team that year Ryan played them. Matter a fact they had a losing season in 08" . This season the Bears have been decent. Diffrence is Vick actually beat a team with a winning record 2 times in a row and the team he beat are ranked #2 in defense in the entire league.

If you read my comment I already said that what happened yesterday was more impressive than the bears game.

The Bears were'nt a good team that year Ryan played them. Matter a fact they had a losing season in 08" . This season the Bears have been decent. Difference is Vick actually beat a team with a winning record 2 times in a row and the team he beat are ranked #2 in defense in the entire league.

But their offense that you purposely keep omitting has a HIGH turnover rate. Also it the philly special teams that had a HUGE hand in this. Giants screwed up when they left maclin WIDE open. The giants did not protect against on side kick which philly recovered. Also it was desean jackon's PUNT return that won the game. Not a vick pass or run.

Seems to me you are a Vick fan and not an Falcon fan. The only reason maybe that your id is atlhomey is because you live in atlanta but obviously are rooting for whatever team Vick is on. Maybe the id should be vickhomey. It would be a lot more expressive how you truly feel.

Yesterdays game has more to do with the giants failing than the eagles being great. Giants went on cruise control. Eagles took advantage.

Even on sports center after the Pats vs Packers game, the commentators were mentioning Bellicheat's philosophy about simply waiting for your opponent to implode.

That is what occurred with the giants and eagles

How is it when falcon's win because of opportunities they are lucky, and when everyone else does it they, the other teams, are explosive?

Edited by Aria7

But their offense that you purposely keep omitting has a HIGH turnover rate. Also it the philly special teams that had a HUGE hand in this. Giants screwed up when they left maclin WIDE open. The giants did not protect against on side kick which philly recovered. Also it was desean jackon's PUNT return that won the game. Not a vick pass or run.

Seems to me you are a Vick fan and not an Falcon fan. The only reason maybe that your id is atlhomey is because you live in atlanta but obviously are rooting for whatever team Vick is on. Maybe the id should be vickhomey. It would be a lot more expressive how you truly feel.

Yesterdays game has more to do with the giants failing than the eagles being great. Giants went on cruise control. Eagles took advantage.

Even on sports center after the Pats vs Packers game, the commentators were mentioning Bellicheats philosophy and simply waiting for your opponent to implode.

How is it when falcon's win because of opportunities they are lucky, and when everyone else does it they, the other teams, are explosive?

Vick single handedly brought that team back to tie the game 31-10 in the 4th qtr with 7min left. Desean fumbled the ball earlier on another drive who knows maybe he scores on that drive ,so he basically made up for it on that punt return. That 4th qtr was all Vick. Vick passed for 3tds, rushed for 1 and rushed for 130 yds. Vick did more than enough to win and his recievers were turning the ball over all game fumbling. Ryan only beat the weak Buccaneers because of our special teams. So dont give me that crap. Eric Weems saved the Falcons arse that game

Edited by atlhomey

Even on sports center after the Pats vs Packers game, the commentators were mentioning Bellicheat's philosophy about simply waiting for your opponent to implode.

That is what occurred with the giants and eagles

Fail. The Eagles have now beaten the She-men 6 times in a row. Vick has beaten them 2wice already this season. That game was no fluke so you can save it and the Giants are a good team 9-5 . They have a better record than any of the Falcons opponents outside of the division. Better defense as well.

Edited by atlhomey

That was the greatest meltdown I've seen since, well, the Giants fell apart against the Titans and blew a 21 point lead

Only the Giants could have lost that game yesterday, the Panthers would have put that one away

For there to be a comeback the other team has to meltdown some as well. Giants didn't stop them in the 4th and the eagles forced them to punt.

Vick single handedly brought that team back to tie the game 31-10 in the 4th qtr with 7min left. Desean fumbled the ball earlier on another drive who knows maybe he scores on that drive ,so he basically made up for it on that punt return. That 4th qtr was all Vick. Vick passed for 3tds, rushed for 1 and rushed for 130 yds. Vick did more than enough to win and his recievers were turning the ball over all game fumbling. Ryan only beat the weak Buccaneers because of our special teams. So dont give me that crap. Eric Weems saved the Falcons arse that game

our special teams? stop trying to act like you are an atlanta falcons fan. All your comments are trivializing what the falcons have done. You do not root for the falcons. You are rooting for Vick. What kind of fan are you where you compare Ryans efforts as a 3rd year starter with the 30 year old felon of the eagles who has twice the experience.

Here is one fact you are forgetting concerning both teams. Ryan has always worked hard for this organization and does not slide by natural talent. Vick has a natural talent that no other player in the NFL has. He did'nt work hard for it, but simply relied on it. Vick is a great athlete, but crap for a human being.

Matt Ryan is giving everything thing he has week in and out and this is more than I can say for your hero Vick.

Edited by Aria7

our special teams? stop trying to act like you are an atlanta falcons fan. All your comments are trivializing what the falcons have done. You do not root for the falcons. You are rooting for Vick. What kind of fan are you where you compare Ryans efforts as a 3rd year starter with the 30 year old felon of the eagles who has twice the experience.

Here is one fact you are forgetting concerning both teams. Ryan has always worked hard for this organization and does not slide by natural talent. Vick has a natural talent that no other player in the NFL has. He did'nt work hard for it, but simply relied on it. Vick is a great athlete, but crap for a human being.

Matt Ryan is giving everything thing he has week in and out and this is more than I can say for your hero Vick.

If all it took was to work really hard like Ryan then more than half of this board would be in the NFL. Just because you are a hard worker doesn't make you a great athlete. Vick made it to multiple pro bowls and got us to an NFC championship game just off of talent and being lazy while here. Now if your that lazy and can still accomplish that much shows how much talent was there compared to someone that has to give 110% at all times to reach that level.

Ryan does everything the right way and studies his butt off and he deserves props for that. He helped us get in position for homefield advantage in the playoffs. Talent wise Ryan could be the best qb in franchise history, but Vick has the talent to have become the greatest qb to ever play which is a much bigger accomplishment.

Now back to the topic. If any other qb orchestrated that comeback they would get accolades but since its Vick obviously some here are not going to give him credit. If Ryan did that he would be the greatest ever right?

Edited by Atl/0

If all it took was to work really hard like Ryan then more than half of this board would be in the NFL. Just because you are a hard worker doesn't make you a great athlete. Vick made it to multiple pro bowls and got us to an NFC championship game just off of talent and being lazy while here. Now if your that lazy and can still accomplish that much shows how much talent was there compared to someone that has to give 110% at all times to reach that level.

Ryan does everything the right way and studies his butt off and he deserves props for that. He helped us get in position for homefield advantage in the playoffs. Talent wise Ryan could be the best qb in franchise history, but Vick has the talent to have become the greatest qb to ever play which is a much bigger accomplishment.

Now back to the topic. If any other qb orchestrated that comeback they would get accolades but since its Vick obviously some here are not going to give him credit. If Ryan did that he would be the greatest ever right?

That pretty much sums it up.You said it best

You're also conveniently forgetting that the Giants shut Vick down for 52 minutes. Not sure what happened during those last 8 minutes. It was a meltdown of epic proportions for the Giants.

Another comeback that was greater than the Meadowlands one... Peyton Manning's 3 TD comeback with 4 minutes left against the #1 defense in the league:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20031006_IND@TB

Ryan was shut down for 58 minutes versus the Jets last year and was able to pull out the win so whats your point? If your going to discredit one players comeback so I guess you have to do the same for him as well.

Edited by Atl/0

I'm getting sick of Vick being compared to Ryan. Vick shouldn't even be mentioned in these forums unless he's been injured or the Falcons beat him. I really hope Vick comes to The Dome so, Abe can bust him up. Don't forget that the ***** gave ATL the finger so, if you all are real Falcon fans then stop mentioning him and enjoy the fact that Falcons are on top.

I'm getting sick of Vick being compared to Ryan. Vick shouldn't even be mentioned in these forums unless he's been injured or the Falcons beat him. I really hope Vick comes to The Dome so, Abe can bust him up. Don't forget that the ***** gave ATL the finger so, if you all are real Falcon fans then stop mentioning him and enjoy the fact that Falcons are on top.

So in Around the NFL you only want to here about other players from other teams if they get injured or they lose? I hate to break it to you but there is more going on around the NFL than the falcons thus this subforum.

So what makes you think Abe can injure him when Justin Tuck and Urlacker failed to do it? Sounds like wishful thinking. Oh and he wasn't flipping of ATL fans he was flipping off a saints fan spewing racists comments towards Roddy but I bet your cool with that. Even Tandy acknowledged what happened.

You can root against him since he's on an opposing team but don't act like he's having a great year. There is a reason he's in the conversation for MVP and leading in pro bowl votes so there's more people rooting for him around the globe than the few that hate him here in the city.

And don't even try to compare 4th quarter comebacks between Vick and Ryan. Ryan is on pace to have more 4th quarter comebacks than Marino, Elway, Favre, Manning, etc...

Why are you changing the subject. How are you going to discredit one comeback and not say the same for others?

Your thread title makes it seem like Vick's comeback makes Ryan a bad quarterback or something. It has agenda written all over it. His comeback victory has nothing to do with Ryan.

This.....

The Vick fans act like Ryan was the District Attorney who helped put Vick in prison.

It's actually pretty funny once you recognize how pathetic it is.