Rev's thoughts from the Seahawks game

Rev_Hal

How about Coach Smith? Guy has some brass cojones to go for it as much as we do on 4th down. Loved the fact that we didn't settle for a FG on that 1st and important drive to answer their TD.

Smitty has definitely grown into his role as HC. You get on Ravens boards and they are still complaining about things that we complained about early last year like playing not to lose and going ultra conservative with a small lead. I think after the Dallas game last year he finally realized that sometimes you have to forget what the book says and make the big gambles.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smitty has definitely grown into his role as HC. You get on Ravens boards and they are still complaining about things that we complained about early last year like playing not to lose and going ultra conservative with a small lead. I think after the Dallas game last year he finally realized that sometimes you have to forget what the book says and make the big gambles.

Why would you go on the Ravens board?wacko.gif

Most Maniacal Laughter Award goes to William Moore. Around the 5:00 mark in the 4th qtr Moore and Williams made the tackle on the sideline to bring up 4th and long and William Moore has a cackle that sounded funny/frightening as a ****. :lol: :unsure:

Was that him? He sounded like he was ready for a straight jacket.

Agreed, the gloves drove me crazy throughout the game yesterday.

Grimes is a BEAST. I love watching him play. He is probably the most exciting CB I have ever seen play.. Yes more exciting than Deion. We have to find a way to resign sugar nips!

Weems is probably one of my top 5 favorite players on the team. Impact play on special teams is what we were missing the first half of the year and Weems has been unbelievable this half.

Last but not least... WE DAT TEAM GONE BEAT DEM SAINTS! Go Falcons!

Most Maniacal Laughter Award goes to William Moore. Around the 5:00 mark in the 4th qtr Moore and Williams made the tackle on the sideline to bring up 4th and long and William Moore has a cackle that sounded funny/frightening as a ****. :lol: :unsure:

I was wondering who that was... that laugh scared my wife :P

I disagree about the Saints. You beat them down and let them know that we can beat them anywhere anytime this year. The sentiment would have a lasting impression on them if they come around to play us again in the Dome. Do not give them hope that they can beat us in our house.

:lol: We all started laughing when we heard that. You can tell he's having a lot of fun. :)

In the playoffs, we will most likey eventually face the winner of the Eagles/Saints playoff game. I would rather face the Saints myself, but it is so hard to beat a team 2 times in a season, much less 3 times. If the Bears keep winning, then we would get the Saints in our first game (assuming they beat the Rams laugh.gif )

The 49'ers are going to win the NFC West

I want that game against the Saints !

me too, and not for the win streak on the season OR at the dome, nor for the chance to rest starters vs CAR which i would do if we beat NO. i just want to handle business this week and wrap the season up NOW and not have to go down to the wire and have the panthers come in here hoping to play spoiler.

Guest AtlWhite84

Pretty disgusted at the sentiment that "the Saints game doesn't matter."

The Saints game ALWAYS matters, it's the Saints. Some serious weaksauce from our fanbase in this thread, and then people want to complain when Atlanta fans are criticized. You all should be ashamed.

If you'd be fine with a loss to the Saints and them clinching a playoff spot in the Georgia Dome then you don't have an ounce of Falcons fan in you.

You guys act like there is no mathematical possibility that we could lose to the Panthers after losing to the Saints. How stupid would this team feel, and you as a fan feel, for thinking "Oh well the Saints game doesn't matter a whole lot" and then we turn around and lose to the Saints two weeks in a row by losing to the Panthers because the Saints loss was still in our heads.

If we lose to the Saints, we absolutely HAVE to beat the Panthers, unless you just want to double-tempt fate by hoping and praying for the Saints to lose to the Bucs in the last week when THEY now have homefield advantage possibly on the line as well. That is unneeded pressure that this team is a lot better off not having to worry about.

Edited by AtlWhite84

I was actually in the 8th row for this game, here are my own observations:

- our star QB was a bit erratic in the first half, but as usual, he is deadly in the last couple of minutes of a half. he was particularly off in the first quarter, but quickly settled in in the 2nd half.

- willie more is a huge upgrade over coleman. his speed and ability to run down offensive players is highly underrated. if not for him there would have been 2 plays for seattle that were already big gains, that would have been a lot worse.

- dare i say grimes is a better CB than robinson? :ph34r: still, it's good that we solidified the position by picking dunta up.

- my seahawks buddy standing next to me was trying to convince me leon washington i think it was was a better returner than weems. the following 2 returns: weems to midfield, washington to the 19. you fail, seahawks rabble!

- roddy white is goofy. the dude in warmups was constantly laughing and smiling. at one point it looked like he was ribbing matt ryan.

- it may not show on tv, but peterson is one of our more enthusiastic players. decoud is up there as well in terms of energy.

- not that we care that much, but hasselbeck is on his last leg in seattle. 2 picks, got benched, fumble in the end zone. seattle is fed up with him, but i wouldnt mind signing him as a backup some time in the future. he's a smart QB for the most part but he's got a bit of a problem with happy feet and forcing things a bit.

- mularkey is a lot smarter than some people on this MB give him credit for. my friend pointed out that trufant only plays LCB, and doesn't typically match up against a particular receiver. mularkey figured it out rather quickly: he played Douglas on the outside against him, and he blew right past him. lucky for seattle, ryan made a safer short pass to gonzo. if ryan makes a different read there, we probably have a 35 yard td pass. smart move, as trufant is still supposedly recovering from gnarly back and knee injuries.

- we need to utilize jenkins more, especially in the red zone. we get stuffed on the run sometimes down there...seattle wasnt good at it, but he has decent speed and great size. we went over the top to him for a TD, hopefully this is something we see more of, because corners have a tough time winning jump balls against guys his size. we've done it sporadically with finneran, i'd like to see some red zone packages with both finneran and jenkins on the outside...you could even put roddy in the slot and create some REAL matchup problems. think about this...an OLB covering roddy and a couple of corners trying to compete with both jenkins and finneran's size on the outside. i'm drooling just thinking about it.

- seahawks fans are loud, but pretty well-behaved for the most part. one of the funnest parts about going to this game was about half a dozen people coming up to me and going "i hate you falcons fan, but i need you (i was wearing a roddy white jersey) to get me 100 yards and a touchdown today." what else can you do but laugh at that?

- got some good snapshots of the game, but unfortunately none were any of the TD's except for the fumble recovery. if i can ever figure out how to upload pics into this thing i might try and upload some of them, except for the ones i took of the chick's rear end in front of me.

as the OP mentioned, weems is more important than we maybe give him credit for...field position doesn't get a whole lot of discussion, but he has been very good for us.