Rev's thoughts from the Seahawks game

Rev_Hal

Good morning gang. Another sweet win. This is such a fun year to be a Falcons fan.

1. We have won 3 consecutive games on the road. We can officially win on the road. We can win anywhere. Most importantly, I want to win our last game in Dallas.

2. What was up with the lime green gloves that the Seahawks wore? They drove me nuts. I kept thinking that there were flags on every play. For the love of all that is right and holy, ban those ugly things!

3. Dec 19, 2010. The date that will live in infamy. It is the date that JA98 made the biggest play of his career. Monster huge play in the end zone causing Hasslebeck’s fumble. That was the defensive highlight of the game, and one of the great plays this season. I hope we get some more moments like that out of Anderson.

4. I may have to do a complete bout face on Eric Weems. If he is not the absolute top special teams player on the Falcons, then I don’t know who is. Not only have his returns improved greatly, but his coverage is great. He is becoming a real weapon.

5. Nobody is hitting harder on the team than William Moore. I swear in the next year we will have the top tandem of safeties in the NFL. Moore and Decoud are playing at a very high level.

6. Is there a player in the NFL that has improved in the past season and a half than Brent Grimes. Big play after big play. He has become a big time NFL defender right before our eyes.

7. The jersey that Bab’s mom was wearing was awesome. I tried to imagine how proud she must have been seeing her boys thrive in the NFL. But when Babs got the TD recovery after his brother had the interception, I bet he was singing “Anything you can do, I can do better! I can do anything better than you!” I bet it felt great to one-up his little brother.

8. We need to get Snelling healthy. He obviously was not on top of his game, and is still not 100%.

9. The first drive from Seattle scared me to death. They thrashed our defense like a hot knife through butter. But we adjusted nicely and dominated the rest of the way.

10. Thank you Ravens, and go $!@$%!@# yourself Giants.

11. Even though I fully expect a win against the Saints, the game does not really matter to us. If we beat Carolina, we have home field through the playoffs. You folks need to make a pact not to freak out if the Saints win on Monday (even though they won’t).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed with everything you say. That jersey that babs mom had was off the hizzle.

and you right, after that first drive by seattle, i was kinda nervous, but like you said, we adjusted nicely and didnt allow another long drive like that.

JA98 showed up and did his thang.

and last but not least, i fully expect a win monday night also, and would rather that happen so we can rest all our starters and let chris redman beat carolina.

Nice stuff. Babs' family story is great. Raising five kids alone and they all end up graduating college- two are big-time NFL players. That's awesome. Kudos to Bab's mom.

The one thing that I love about this team is they always come ready to play. Always. We don't beat ourselves. We come out ready to play every week. If we come out flat, it's for a few minutes- like the first drive yesterday. After Seattle came out and just sliced through us we remembered who we were and we got it together. That's big. Showing up to play and not beating ourselves is a majority of the reason we are where we are right now.

11. Even though I fully expect a win against the Saints, the game does not really matter to us. If we beat Carolina, we have home field through the playoffs. You folks need to make a pact not to freak out if the Saints win on Monday (even though they won’t).

I agree with all of your thoughts here, Rev, but especially this.

I was thinking about a thread along those same lines. It is rare for an NFL team to win 9 straight. Rare to beat a very talented division rival twice in a season. Rare to win after a very challenging and successful streak on the road. Rare to win when you have as much of a lock as can be had in the NFL the following week which would render the game meaningless anyway.

I can already anticipate the panic around here.

The Saints game doesn't matter? We don't care if they clinch a playoff spot on OUR field? :huh: :unsure:

Fact is, after the Falcons secure homefield, it could very well mean either the Saints or Eagles will be visiting Atlanta in January, and I don't want the Saints coming back knowing they won the previous meeting.

Great Observations Rev.

Regarding Seattles opening drive:

The Sea Hags studied their film and scripted a beautiful

opening drive to put 7 on the board.

My suspicion was that was pretty much all they had for the game.

I was also very impressed with Smitty, MM and Ryan, managing the game.

We could have gave that team a solid thrashing and ran the points

through the roof.

I was also shocked to see the sun shinning in Seattle.

That kinda sorta compares to **** freezing over.

Ice Man strikes again :D

1 game at a time. This team has proved that they are a TEAM. I was seriously nervous about the Super Bowl talk during training camp. These birds are winning. They don't dominate, but they win. They are leaning on each other and pulling out great wins this season. I think that when you pull off the miracle of San Francisco, that propelled them to step up and knock off everybody. This has been a wonderful ride and I tell you I look forward to seeing them take care of business Monday. No looking forward. This is Saints week. They are next.

11. Even though I fully expect a win against the Saints, the game does not really matter to us. If we beat Carolina, we have home field through the playoffs. You folks need to make a pact not to freak out if the Saints win on Monday (even though they won't).

I agree with all of your thoughts here, Rev, but especially this.

I was thinking about a thread along those same lines. It is rare for an NFL team to win 9 straight. Rare to beat a very talented division rival twice in a season. Rare to win after a very challenging and successful streak on the road. Rare to win when you have as much of a lock as can be had in the NFL the following week which would render the game meaningless anyway.

I can already anticipate the panic around here.

In the playoffs, we will most likey eventually face the winner of the Eagles/Saints playoff game. I would rather face the Saints myself, but it is so hard to beat a team 2 times in a season, much less 3 times. If the Bears keep winning, then we would get the Saints in our first game (assuming they beat the Rams laugh.gif )

Good game overall. Still don't like our play design at times. No counters, traps, etc. Just power leads left and right. Wish we ran crossing routes or allowed our receivers to get YAC but oh well. Can't complain because we are winning. We basically telegraph everything but teams can't stop it. A little scared about that in the Playoffs but hopefully we have some things we are holding onto.

I have to disagree 100% on the Saints game. I think it is very important. We win that game we can rest our starters or at least the older ones the last game. + I just hate the cocky(kiss the ring) Aints!

I don't hate the Saints. It is their moronic inbred fans that i can't stand.

Good game overall. Still don't like our play design at times. No counters, traps, etc. Just power leads left and right. Wish we ran crossing routes or allowed our receivers to get YAC but oh well. Can't complain because we are winning. We basically telegraph everything but teams can't stop it. A little scared about that in the Playoffs but hopefully we have some things we are holding onto.

YOu think the same teams we played and beat will suddenly become DIFFERENT teams just because its the playoffs?

YOu think the same teams we played and beat will suddenly become DIFFERENT teams just because its the playoffs?

Strange things happen in the playoffs. There is no way Arizona was the best team in the NFC when they went to the Super Bowl. The Giants no only should not have gotten to the Super Bowl, there is no way they should have won. There is no way of telling what happens when the season is on the line.

Weems seems more outstanding every game. I did not see that

one coming. As I remember it over the past couple of years his

support level on these boards has been near zero. A positive

comment might be something like: "He is not that bad". You were

not alone Rev.

The real key is his "improvement". He is still not the lights out return guy that Allen Rossum or Tim Dwight was, but he is improving every week, and that is all we can hope for!

Strange things happen in the playoffs. There is no way Arizona was the best team in the NFC when they went to the Super Bowl. The Giants no only should not have gotten to the Super Bowl, there is no way they should have won. There is no way of telling what happens when the season is on the line.

The same strange things happen in the regular season, its just no-one makes a big deal out of them when they do.