Something to think about (your thoughts please)

Falcon Fred

my fellow falcon fans.. I was thinking after this win.. Next week as you all know we play the saints, which should be a GREAT game but a hard fought game as well.. well my question is, If we win the upcomming monday nighter that will give us home field atvantage in the playoffs because the worse we can finish is 13-3 which gives us the best record in the NFC bar none.. so IF we win do you think smitty will rest the starters for the game against the panthers on week 17? please your thoughts

I hope not for ticket holders sake.. I mean the fans paid to see the best football we have to offer... buuuuut on the other hand keeping our guys healthy going into the playoffs is very key as well.. I know i'd be torn if I were in coach smith's shoe's...

my fellow falcon fans.. I was thinking after this win.. Next week as you all know we play the saints, which should be a GREAT game but a hard fought game as well.. well my question is, If we win the upcomming monday nighter that will give us home field atvantage in the playoffs because the worse we can finish is 13-3 which gives us the best record in the NFC bar none.. so IF we win do you think smitty will rest the starters for the game against the panthers on week 17? please your thoughts

I hope not for ticket holders sake.. I mean the fans paid to see the best football we have to offer... buuuuut on the other hand keeping our guys healthy going into the playoffs is very key as well.. I know i'd be torn if I were in coach smith's shoe's...

I'd rather see the best football we have to offer in February :P

Yes and heck yes----Monday night is going to be a war---they know it and we know it. I expect to see a Falcon team playing all out and if we can move the line and keep Turner going----all will fall into place and we win 30-24

Coach will definitely rest the big guns and give Redman Snelling Fin and many on the defense and well deserved rest

Edited by Nono

I believe the starters will play but I dont think there is a chance in the world we see them play the full game, at least for the offense.

But for the defense I can see them going the whole game, theres a bunch of young guys over on that side of the ball and they need to continue to grow and develop together.

agree. let the young guys get more experience on defense, since they will need it come playoff time.

what i think we should do offensively is try and experiment with plays. we are going to need to score a lot of points come playoff time. our offense is very plain imo, and i dont think we are ready to rely on our defense with win us championships. im glad we are winning the close games, but id prefer not to have those, plus teams like the eagles and saints are going to be putting up numbers.

i also hope that one of them( preferably the saints) take out the other, so we dont have to play both on our road to the superbowl.

He BETTER rest the starters! This is the SUPERBOWL we are talking about. The only real goal of every team every year is to win the superbowl. We have a chance this year, and we need to make EVERY choice between now and then in terms of what gives us the BEST chance of winning the superbowl, Nothing else matters. I can't imagine any true fan wanting anything else but that. Who CARES if there is one meaningless game that is less than exciting?

I'm not trying to be rude to you. I'm just baffled that it even seems like a question for debate. If they were to jeopardize our chance at being World Champions for some silly idealistic "lets play heard for the season ticket holders" nonsense, then they are completely ******** (and they are not).

agree. let the young guys get more experience on defense, since they will need it come playoff time.

what i think we should do offensively is try and experiment with plays. we are going to need to score a lot of points come playoff time. our offense is very plain imo, and i dont think we are ready to rely on our defense with win us championships. im glad we are winning the close games, but id prefer not to have those, plus teams like the eagles and saints are going to be putting up numbers.

i also hope that one of them( preferably the saints) take out the other, so we dont have to play both on our road to the superbowl.

Our very plain offense is fifth in the league in scoring, second in the league in first downs per game(by .1), second in third down percentage, first in fourth down percentage, lowest number of penalties, highest time of possession, least fumbles, number five in least interceptions given up, the third least sacks given up . . .I think we are quite adequately able to score. . . :rolleyes: