LIVE WIRE: NFL Draft Insider News

atljbo

LIVE WIRE: NFL Draft Insider News

- Sources have told us that Ryan Miller of Colorado will go through the process of getting his draft grade from the advisory committee and is seriously considering entering the draft. We presently grade Miller number seven on our list of draftable guards. Others we’ve spoken with give him a higher grade.

- Sources have told us Illinois junior defensive lineman Corey Liuget is leaning heavily towards entering the draft.

- In conversations with insiders we’ve received rankings on the wide outs from a number of teams and there are some surprises. Here are the rankings for the senior receivers:

1) Jerrel Jernigan/Troy State

2) Leonard Hankerson/Miami

3) Titus Young/Boise State

4) Greg Salas/Hawaii

5) Dwayne Harris/East Carolina

6) Matt Szczur/Villanova

7) Vincent Brown/San Diego State

8) Niles Paul/Nebraska

9) Ronald Johnson/USC

10) Greg Little/North Carolina

11) Denarius Moore/Tennessee

12) Cecil Shorts/Mount Union

13) Austin Pettis/Boise State

14) Armon Binns/Cincinnati

15) Dane Sanzenbacher/Ohio State

16) Jeff Maehl/Oregon

17) Edmund Gates/Abilene Christian

18) Terrance Toliver/LSU

19) Jordan White/Western Michigan

20) Lester Jean/Florida Atlantic

No receiver was given a first round grade. Szczur, who left the semi-final game this week, was given a mid 4th round grade. Niles Paul late 4th, Cecil Shorts mid 5th, Edmind Gates mid 6th.

Here’s how they rate the underclassmen wide outs:

1) AJ Green/Georgia

2) Jonathan Baldwin/Pittsburgh

3) Justin Blackmon/Oklahoma St

4) Julio Jones/Alabama

5) Juron Criner/Arizona

6) Torrey Smith/Maryland

7) Michael Floyd/Notre Dame

8) Ryan Broyles/Oklahoma

9) Jeff Fuller/Texas A&M

10) Randall Cobb/Kentucky

Jeff Fuller is very very interesting IF he decides to come out. I dont think he's gotten enough national recognition to declare, nor is he overly polished. But he's a big receiver with consistently big play making ability and sure hands. TA&M has a pro style attack offense. A lot of the time opposing defenses are geared to stop their run game, but are worried because they cannot leave Jeff Fuller alone on the edge. He faces a ton of double teams and bracket coverages but always comes up with the football. I dont feel like looking up his stats, but if memory serves me correctly he had 800+ yards last year and is easily over 1000 this year.

I think he should stay in school. He'll be one of the top tier WRs in the 2012 draft if he does because TA&M is starting to get national attention as a result of being ranked.

Jeff Fuller is very very interesting IF he decides to come out. I dont think he's gotten enough national recognition to declare, nor is he overly polished. But he's a big receiver with consistently big play making ability and sure hands. TA&M has a pro style attack offense. A lot of the time opposing defenses are geared to stop their run game, but are worried because they cannot leave Jeff Fuller alone on the edge. He faces a ton of double teams and bracket coverages but always comes up with the football. I dont feel like looking up his stats, but if memory serves me correctly he had 800+ yards last year and is easily over 1000 this year.

I think he should stay in school. He'll be one of the top tier WRs in the 2012 draft if he does because TA&M is starting to get national attention as a result of being ranked.

He said earlier that he was staying in school but you never know.