the most under the radar 12-2 team since . . . 1998

beernuts

I am not sure how to put this, but the one way this team reminds me of 1998 is that no matter how many games they won, no one thought they were for real - in 1998, we were supposed to lose both playoff games

this year, I am just amazed by how little love there is for this team - in an NFL where parity is king and any win is a good win, 12-2 is like nothing - people keep looking down the road for the game we are going to lose

I don't think we are going to lose another game - this team will end up 17-2

very similar to the 98 team in that regard

The biggest difference between the 98 Falcons and the 2010 Falcons is that the 98 Falcons came out of nowhere to go 14-2 in the regular season against a weak schedule.

The top team in the NFC that year was the 15-1 Vikings. Even after we beat the Vikings to win the conference, most people thought that we "got lucky". At best, they thought that we were "one hit wonders". And unfortunately, the 98 Falcons lived down to that expectation.

The 98 Falcons didn't have the class or discipline of the 2010 Falcons. When the 98 Falcons flew to Miami, they couldn't even get off of the airplane without creating controversy. (Dan Reeves wanted the "stars" to get off the plane first which created stress among the rest of the players) Then they acted like a bunch of "country bumpkins" who had never been to the big city before. Not to mention the Eugene Robinson incident. (Keep in mind that at that time there were two off weeks between the conference championship games and the Superbowl. Since then, there is now only one week off after the CCGs.)

By contrast, the 2010 Falcons are the result of a three year building process that is based on good solid disciplined football. They have already established a winning tradition, with this being the third winning year in a row.

Today, the 2010 Falcons have the best record in the NFC and are tied with the Patriots for the best record in the NFL. This year, we have won against some of the toughest teams in the NFL. We have more wins against winning teams than any other play off contender. This year's Falcons team is getting a lot more media love than the 98 team. There are still a few talking heads that say that we're overrated but the majority of sports writers and analyst do show the current Falcons a lot of respect.

I hope the the Falcons win the Superbowl this year..! Personally, I think that that they will. However, even if they don't, this team will be back next year and will continue with their winning tradition.

As a Falcon's fan for over 40 years, this is like heaven to me..! :o)

very similar to the 98 team in that regard

The biggest difference between the 98 Falcons and the 2010 Falcons is that the 98 Falcons came out of nowhere to go 14-2 in the regular season against a weak schedule.

The top team in the NFC that year was the 15-1 Vikings. Even after we beat the Vikings to win the conference, most people thought that we "got lucky". At best, they thought that we were "one hit wonders". And unfortunately, the 98 Falcons lived down to that expectation.

The 98 Falcons didn't have the class or discipline of the 2010 Falcons. When the 98 Falcons flew to Miami, they couldn't even get off of the airplane without creating controversy. (Dan Reeves wanted the "stars" to get off the plane first which created stress among the rest of the players) Then they acted like a bunch of "country bumpkins" who had never been to the big city before. Not to mention the Eugene Robinson incident. (Keep in mind that at that time there were two off weeks between the conference championship games and the Superbowl. Since then, there is now only one week off after the CCGs.)

By contrast, the 2010 Falcons are the result of a three year building process that is based on good solid disciplined football. They have already established a winning tradition, with this being the third winning year in a row.

Today, the 2010 Falcons have the best record in the NFC and are tied with the Patriots for the best record in the NFL. This year, we have won against some of the toughest teams in the NFL. We have more wins against winning teams than any other play off contender. This year's Falcons team is getting a lot more media love than the 98 team. There are still a few talking heads that say that we're overrated but the majority of sports writers and analyst do show the current Falcons a lot of respect.

I hope the the Falcons win the Superbowl this year..! Personally, I think that that they will. However, even if they don't, this team will be back next year and will continue with their winning tradition.

As a Falcon's fan for over 40 years, this is like heaven to me..! :D

Edited by Ranger 69

I watch nfl network and espn and I sarcastically just say.. wow my falcons just suck!!! accordin to espn and nfl network.. the eagles are a better team.. and the pats are the hottest team yet they won 6 straight we won 8 straight but we suck..

they say we cant win on the road but 6-2 road record i guess means we suck.. they say we dont play anyoone good but the saints, packers, browns who beat the pats, tampa bay, ravens.. i guess they all suck too.. haha pretty soon the media is gonna run out of reasons of why we suck...