Tim Tebow Can't Play In The NFL?

Falconsfan567

You're right....It's one half :lol:

It's still pretty darn good for someone who most didn't give a chance of **** of doing anything even remotely decent in the NFL. His arm isn't strong enough. He won't be able to run in the NFL. He'll get killed. He won't be able to learn to take a snap under center. His throwing motion is way too long and slow to play in the NFL. He'll get sacked on every play. Did I miss any of the other reasons Tim Tebow can't play in the NFL?

I am not a Tebow basher, but it may have been a little early to crown him. The Broncos have 92 total yards in offense in the Second Half with two minutes to go in the game. The Broncos' offense has scored 6 points in the Second Half so far and has given up 2 points (Safety).

A tie game at the half (17-17) and the Raiders have now extended the lead out to 39-23.

As much as I didn't like him as a Gator there is no denying he has that "it" factor coaches love. He's also a great kid...I say kid cause he's quite a bit younger than me ;) ... so I hope he does well.

Here's the part I don't get. Lots of "experts" look at Sunday's game and say "see Tebow just won't make it in the NFL playing that way". But then they'll turn right around and tell you that MV is the MVP of the league. :blink:

As much as I didn't like him as a Gator there is no denying he has that "it" factor coaches love. He's also a great kid...I say kid cause he's quite a bit younger than me ;) ... so I hope he does well.

Here's the part I don't get. Lots of "experts" look at Sunday's game and say "see Tebow just won't make it in the NFL playing that way". But then they'll turn right around and tell you that MV is the MVP of the league. :blink:

From what I've been hearing on the radio is b/c Vick runs faster and has a lot shorter throwing motion. I don't by it though. If he can get the job done then that is all that matters.

50% is after all the magical completion percentage we've come to expect from the truly gifted NFL quarterbacks. Dave Archer. Chris Redman. Charlie Batch with one arm behind his back and a hangover. The greats. :lol:

All kidding aside, the TD run showed a lot, overall it was a decent turnover-free game. But a lot of guys have had pretty decent games in the NFL. It's grossly premature either way to say whether he'll "make it" in the NFL. With the relatively high pick they spent on him, those kind of numbers carried out over a career would not exactly make him a steal. But if this was the high point for him they can just blame McDaniel and move on.

I will not get on here and bash Tebow, all I will say is that the dude it too dang stubborn and proud. He's trying to prove all the doubters wrong by playing a position that just does not fit him in the NFL.

College is one thing but you're going up against the best of the best in the NFL, its hard to out run the LB's or juke/runover Safeties in the NFL. You can try it but your playing days will not last that long.

Tebow is a football player, he can excel in the NFL as a football player. Line up at HB some, FB some, TE some, and throw in some "Wild Bronco"

Guest AtlWhite84

I will not get on here and bash Tebow, all I will say is that the dude it too dang stubborn and proud. He's trying to prove all the doubters wrong by playing a position that just does not fit him in the NFL.

College is one thing but you're going up against the best of the best in the NFL, its hard to out run the LB's or juke/runover Safeties in the NFL. You can try it but your playing days will not last that long.

Tebow is a football player, he can excel in the NFL as a football player. Line up at HB some, FB some, TE some, and throw in some "Wild Bronco"

How can you possibly say that about someone who just made his first NFL start yesterday?

How can someone be "too stubborn" by wanting the opportunity to try to win a job at a position he's been playing his entire life? He doesn't get to attempt to prove himself at least?

Tebow is not the one being "too stubborn." He's a dude trying to earn the chance to play the game he loves at the position he loves, it's people like you who are the ones being too stubborn in saying that he can't play it when he hasn't even been given the chance yet.

How can you possibly say that about someone who just made his first NFL start yesterday?

How can someone be "too stubborn" by wanting the opportunity to try to win a job at a position he's been playing his entire life? He doesn't get to attempt to prove himself at least?

Tebow is not the one being "too stubborn." He's a dude trying to earn the chance to play the game he loves at the position he loves, it's people like you who are the ones being too stubborn in saying that he can't play it when he hasn't even been given the chance yet.

Yes too stubborn, I said it. Tebow was an excellent QB in college mainly because he was practically a very athletic TE.

Sure he's been playing QB but how many times was he under center? Do you think the CB's and the Safeties are probably a little better and probably a little faster in the NFL? I'll even go far enough and say Tebow may very well be considered a system QB.

The SEC Champ. Game did it for me. Saban threw different looks at him and it definitely rattled him. Bama also had a D that was flooded with NFL talent.

Tebow would be an instant impact guy at another position, no doubt in my mind, just not QB IMHO.

Hopefully it works out for the guy, dude is a very likable kid. I just don't see it.

Guest AtlWhite84

Yes too stubborn, I said it. Tebow was an excellent QB in college mainly because he was practically a very athletic TE.

Sure he's been playing QB but how many times was he under center? Do you think the CB's and the Safeties are probably a little better and probably a little faster in the NFL? I'll even go far enough and say Tebow may very well be considered a system QB.

The SEC Champ. Game did it for me. Saban threw different looks at him and it definitely rattled him. Bama also had a D that was flooded with NFL talent.

Tebow would be an instant impact guy at another position, no doubt in my mind, just not QB IMHO.

Hopefully it works out for the guy, dude is a very likable kid. I just don't see it.

That's fine to say you don't see it. I agree, I don't see it either. It's something else entirely to call him stubborn for trying to adapt to the NFL game. I'd hate to see how you would react if someone told you that you couldn't do something and then not giving you an opportunity to do it to prove them wrong.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to prove someone wrong, especially when that someone is 90% of football fans, media, coaches etc. that tell you "YOU CAN'T DO THIS." Ask the New Orleans Saints. Ask Michael Vick. Ask Josh Hamilton. Ask the 2007 New York Giants, ask the 2006 Boise State Broncos. Ask any number of people or teams that were told they couldn't do something only to turn around and do it what their main motivation was.

The only difference is they actually were allowed the opportunity.

That's fine to say you don't see it. I agree, I don't see it either. It's something else entirely to call him stubborn for trying to adapt to the NFL game. I'd hate to see how you would react if someone told you that you couldn't do something and then not giving you an opportunity to do it to prove them wrong.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to prove someone wrong, especially when that someone is 90% of football fans, media, coaches etc. that tell you "YOU CAN'T DO THIS." Ask the New Orleans Saints. Ask Michael Vick. Ask Josh Hamilton. Ask the 2007 New York Giants, ask the 2006 Boise State Broncos. Ask any number of people or teams that were told they couldn't do something only to turn around and do it what their main motivation was.

The only difference is they actually were allowed the opportunity.

I hear you, I would probably do the same thing Tebow is doing to be perfectly honest with you. You have to remember though, nobody will give you enough time to adapt to the NFL. You have to be NFL ready the monent you are drafted and the front runner for your position if you're drafted in the first round.

Maybe stubborn is too harsh of a word but I think it fits. Again, more power to the kid, hopefully he comes through. Tebow is one of the good guys in the sport, he'd be the perfect ambassador for the sport.

The term stubborn also bails me out if Tebow works out at QB. Think about it, being stubborn can also be seen in a positive light.

Edited by ChuyDawg