Considering a W in Seattle

CLofton50

Let's be honest- Turner was the team's MVP in '08, and despite Ryan's surge as a brutally clutch, potentially Brady-Manning "elite" QB and Roddy's continued dominance, and Snelling's emergence as a SOLID backup, Turner IS STILL the bread-and-butter of this offense. His success dictates the team's, for 3 years running now.

If we clinch the playoffs and all but ensure HFA this weekend with a win over Seattle, should we sit Turner or give him limited reps the rest of the regular season to have a fresh monster RB in the playoffs?

I think we should.

Even if we clinch this weekend, I think it's VERY important we beat NO in our house on primetime, but I'd like to see Turner's load lightened.

I would strongly consider him benching him for the final game against Carolina. He's on pace for well over 300 carries in the regular season, and could top 400 carries at this pace if we make it to the Super Bowl.

Plus, resting him in Week 17 would give him 2 weeks off between the Saints game and the divisional game to be completely ready to run all over the fools who are unlucky enough to visit the Dome!

I would strongly consider him benching him for the final game against Carolina. He's on pace for well over 300 carries in the regular season, and could top 400 carries at this pace if we make it to the Super Bowl.

Plus, resting him in Week 17 would give him 2 weeks off between the Saints game and the divisional game to be completely ready to run all over the fools who are unlucky enough to visit the Dome!

I feel like thats exactly why we DONT bench him against carolina. Two weeks off and he could easily become somewhat out of sync with the offense. I say we just lighten the load with Snelling and let him enjoy the week off during the divisional week.

I think saying Turner dictates our success is a little off. We have numerous players that can fill his roll, definiely not as well as he could, but they would still make a difference. Matt ryan dictates this teams success. Without him, Turner would never be able to do what he does so well.

I think saying Turner dictates our success is a little off. We have numerous players that can fill his roll, definiely not as well as he could, but they would still make a difference. Matt ryan dictates this teams success. Without him, Turner would never be able to do what he does so well.

Word, I LOVE Turner, but we wouldn't skip a beat if Snelling and Turner switched roles with Snelling being the feature back. The running-game is still our bread and butter though. Allows for Ryan to not have to put up huge numbers for us to win which is a great luxury.