Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of the Gaucho

See if you can spot the problem

she's got a job and is trying to get help getting caught up.

Remember that thread here long ago where and old black dude was on welfare and on the pic of him he was wearing gold jewelry? people were raging. I had to point out

A. they sell gold chains at the dollar store

B it could have been a gift

C he could have bought it in better times.

I have found people will defend CEO's who get bail-outs but not a common man.

Remember that thread here long ago where and old black dude was on welfare and on the pic of him he was wearing gold jewelry? people were raging. I had to point out

A. they sell gold chains at the dollar store

B it could have been a gift

C he could have bought it in better times.

I have found people will defend CEO's who get bail-outs but not a common man.

yea i remember that. it might not have even been real gold.

she's got a job and is trying to get help getting caught up.

Then she needs to prioritize. Pay housing, utilities (minus deluxe cable) and transportation. Everything else can wait. Bet she's not doing this...

Then she needs to prioritize. Pay housing, utilities (minus deluxe cable) and transportation. Everything else can wait. Bet she's not doing this...

maybe she is, maybe she isn't. we don't know a thing about her or her priorities. why assume the worst case scenario?

Maybe she could sell her tv and xbox to pay her bill? Wouldn't that be the fair thing to do rather than have the tax payer pay her bill?

the article says that she lives with two other people. how do you know they are hers?

Maybe those CEO's could have sold their private jets?

I agree, I didn't agree with any of the bail outs and believe those companies and banks should have been allowed to fail, but that's another argument. Bottom line is, she can give up some luxury items that would allow her to pay some bills.

she said she has been unemployed for a year and maybe she bought those things when she had a job?

Times are way too hard right now for anyone to be pointing so many fingers.

Oh I know, she could pawn the TV off and get maybe 40 bucks for it and still be cold.

I just sold a 4 year old samsung on craigslist (only 720P) for 200. 40 bucks is BS. What happened to doing all you can do before taking public assistance?

I didn't see where it said she lived with two other people.

nvm i misread about the part of her mom and sister.

regardless let's review the facts.

1. she fell behind b/c she was unemployed

2. she has a job now

3. she is trying to get caught up

4. she asked for help

5. she didn't get it

6. we are ridiculing her?

really? they were offering help and she asked for it. what's wrong with that? we all assume the worst for her when it sounds like she is having problems and is trying to pay her bills back.

nvm i misread about the part of her mom and sister.

regardless let's review the facts.

1. she fell behind b/c she was unemployed

2. she has a job now

3. she is trying to get caught up

4. she asked for help

5. she didn't get it

6. we are ridiculing her?

really? they were offering help and she asked for it. what's wrong with that? we all assume the worst for her when it sounds like she is having problems and is trying to pay her bills back.

and whats wrong with her having to sell some luxury items that would help to pay her bills?

nothing at all. but why are we ridiculing this person who is in a position of need?

I didn't ridicule anybody, but I do think it shows a mentality that this country has been growing in the last 20 or so years. Instead of people looking around at ways they can take care of the problem themselves, they look for someone(government)to take care of it for them.

I didn't ridicule anybody, but I do think it shows a mentality that this country has been growing in the last 20 or so years. Instead of people looking around at ways they can take care of the problem themselves, they look for someone(government)to take care of it for them.

uh no. she has a job and is trying to get caught up. she is trying to take care of the problem herself and to disregard that and treat her as if she is some welfare leech is ridiculous.

maybe she is, maybe she isn't. we don't know a thing about her or her priorities. why assume the worst case scenario?

Basically, because I live in the area and know that it's right in a wild majority of the cases since I see it everyday...