Advice to Saints fans attending the game on the 27th

fansince78

I am not really into talking Saints game smack because we have another game before that. I am sure I will be better at it next week. Since I know the team is focused and there are no Seahawks fans to talk smack with, I will warn those fans of that team from New Orleans of a few simple rules they should follow:

1:If you are obnoxious when you drink, don't come to the dome after an afternoon of partying. I have seen people come here from all over and leave in handcuffs before kickoff. This is not New Orleans and disorderly conduct is not tolerated on the scale that you are accustomed to.

2:Be respectful of the FACT that you are a visitor to Atlanta. This is not like Philadelphia and no one is going to attack you for wearing the opposing teams jersey or cheering your team, but we are not going to tolerate disrespect either.

3:Do not forget that Vilma is on the field and protected by a security force that is not protecting you. I would not shout who dat while the Falcons are on offense if I were you.

4:When the Saints have the ball and the crowd is getting loud, don't try to quiet your section. Bad plan and I have seen that work out really bad for fans of other teams in the past.

5:When the game is over, don't go shouting excuses for the Saints loss as you leave. You won't have a lot of support and we do have some idiots that would smack you in the mouth in that sea of people just because they could and get away with it.

If you are respectful of the fans here, they will also be respectful of you. If you don't plan to be respectful, do yourself a big favor and stay in Louisiana.

K, well as someone who has attended every home game at the GA Dome with the Taintheads for the last 15 years I will tell you. They travel well on the road. Most of them come to party and have a good time. They are typically loud, boisterous, obnoxious to some but there to have a good time after a long drive. What I saw last year, I am going to chalk up to bandwagon fans who made it personal and took out there life's misfortunes on opposing fans.

Overall though, I am hoping their core fans come back who come with the fun smack talk, there for the party, at the end of the evening can take it as much as they give it. Then it will be back to normal and a fun time.

I love, eat, sleep, and breathe, anything Falcons or football related but to punch a stranger in the face over something so trivial in the greater scheme of life is just unconscionable, yet they hve jails for that stuff.

I can't expect the other fanbases to act like a decent human being but I hope that the Falcons fans do. On a slightly different point if you think the Falcons nation just sits there and golf claps and are not passionate about their Falcons then you are clueless.

It's all in good fun. You gotta give em props for supporting their team. The way I look at it is, treat the fans how you would want to be treated if you were in their stadium.

Can you yell at them to sit down when our offense is on the field? Yeah you could.

Should you scream your head off when the aints are on the field and even louder if their fans DARE try to quiet you? ABSOLUTELY. (honestly, if you don't, you're wasting the seat.)

Should you give their fans **** every time the Falcons score? YES.

Should you pour soda or beer on them? I don't think that's necessary.

Should you hit or attack them? Really? Grow up people.

Should you let security known if an aint fan is being too unruly and clearly drunk and acting it? Yes. You paid money for your ticket and you deserve to be able to watch the game without some drunk aint fan acting like a sob around your family.

Should you scream your head off when brees is on the field? Yes. I know we covered this already but this is the most important statement.

SCREAM WHEN THE AINTS OFFENSE AND OUR DEFENSE IS ON THE FIELD.

^^^^

THIS IS THE WHAT HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE IS ALL ABOUT.

I am a STH but unfortunately will not be able to make this game (Live in NY and plane tickets for this time of year are out of control), but if I hear more aints fans yelling when Ryan is on the field than Falcons fans yelling when Brees is on the field I'll have to dig a hole in the ground and put my head in it.

SCREAM PEOPLE. LOSE YOUR VOICES. IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wrote that as-if Saints fans know how to read. After last year's game @ the Dome they were literally doing a celebratory dance in the middle of Northside drive daring approaching traffic. They even started banging on people's cars stopped by their antics. For me that is when my view of the Saints morphed from a healthy rivalry to sheer hatred, but also showed me how dumb their fans are -- challenging moving cars in traffic.

Edited by falfan68

I appreciate the enthusiasm but we have the softest fan base in the league so I doubt anyone would pop another fan in the mouth at a game.

With that said it's good to see a fan showing some guts so props.

I was there the last time Pittsburgh was in town, and they had a lot fans here, and I saw at least 4 altercations that did not end well for Steelers fans.

I also witnessed 2 idiot Eagles fans that assaulted a man in the Dome who was with his children. Needless to say the Eagles fans got teed off on by at least 15 Falcons fans for that, and then security took a shot as well.

There may be many who would not resort to violence, but there is a few who will.

K, well as someone who has attended every home game at the GA Dome with the Taintheads for the last 15 years I will tell you. They travel well on the road. Most of them come to party and have a good time. They are typically loud, boisterous, obnoxious to some but there to have a good time after a long drive. What I saw last year, I am going to chalk up to bandwagon fans who made it personal and took out there life's misfortunes on opposing fans.

Overall though, I am hoping their core fans come back who come with the fun smack talk, there for the party, at the end of the evening can take it as much as they give it. Then it will be back to normal and a fun time.

I love, eat, sleep, and breathe, anything Falcons or football related but to punch a stranger in the face over something so trivial in the greater scheme of life is just unconscionable, yet they hve jails for that stuff.

I can't expect the other fanbases to act like a decent human being but I hope that the Falcons fans do. On a slightly different point if you think the Falcons nation just sits there and golf claps and are not passionate about their Falcons then you are clueless.

Well said. At the end of the day pro sports are entertainment, and in no way should they be a gateway for you to be a violent drunk idiot.

Edited by 4dabirds

I am not really into talking Saints game smack because we have another game before that. I am sure I will be better at it next week. Since I know the team is focused and there are no Seahawks fans to talk smack with, I will warn those fans of that team from New Orleans of a few simple rules they should follow:

1:If you are obnoxious when you drink, don't come to the dome after an afternoon of partying. I have seen people come here from all over and leave in handcuffs before kickoff. This is not New Orleans and disorderly conduct is not tolerated on the scale that you are accustomed to.

I think that both teams have obnoxious drunk fans. Im sure it happens in every stadium for every team. Point taken.

2:Be respectful of the FACT that you are a visitor to Atlanta. This is not like Philadelphia and no one is going to attack you for wearing the opposing teams jersey or cheering your team, but we are not going to tolerate disrespect either.

The company I work for is a distributor for a Atlanta based compay. They give me and 2 other coworkers tickets and hotel rooms. They bring us to tailgate with a bunch of Falcon fans before the game. Win or loose, it is one of my favorite games to attend all year long. We drink, we eat, and just have a great time.

3:Do not forget that Vilma is on the field and protected by a security force that is not protecting you. I would not shout who dat while the Falcons are on offense if I were you.

Ok. If I do will you hit me or something?

4:When the Saints have the ball and the crowd is getting loud, don't try to quiet your section. Bad plan and I have seen that work out really bad for fans of other teams in the past.

lol. I will never ask someone not to cheer or boo.

5:When the game is over, don't go shouting excuses for the Saints loss as you leave. You won't have a lot of support and we do have some idiots that would smack you in the mouth in that sea of people just because they could and get away with it.

All fans make excuses. It is part of the game. If the Saints win, Great. If they lose, they will have lost to a great Falcons team this year. No shame in that.

If you are respectful of the fans here, they will also be respectful of you. If you don't plan to be respectful, do yourself a big favor and stay in Louisiana.

Really. I think that goes both ways. For the most part, I have never seen any trouble in the Superdome nor in the Atlanta dome. I am sure it happens here and there, but for the most part I think both teams fans are ok.

Go Saints

Edited by adectus2112

You wrote that as-if Saints fans know how to read. After last year's game @ the Dome they were literally doing a celebratory dance in the middle of Northside drive daring approaching traffic. They even started banging on people's cars stopped by their antics. For me that is when my view of the Saints morphed from a healthy rivalry to sheer hatred, but also showed me how dumb their fans are -- challenging moving cars in traffic.

That's funny cos some friends and I were lounging on a patio in the quarters years ago after watching a Saints/Falcons game when suddenly in the distance, we seen this giant flock of people approaching waving their arms like birds and making strange sounds. When you mentioned dumb fans that ******** moment came to mind, lolo

3:Do not forget that Vilma is on the field and protected by a security force that is not protecting you. I would not shout “who dat” while the Falcons are on offense if I were you.

Dumbiest Post of the Season: You get the Award!

Not sure what to make of the original post, or of the original poster. Is that a wish list? That's just not realistic. I live in Orlando, so I do not ever have a chance to attend home games in Atlanta, but I do get to go to the Atl/Bucs games in Tampa; I know of the reverse position.

I wear Falcons gear.

I talk smack.

The sea of Bucs fans talk smack right back, en masse.

The few of us there do try to make jeering noise during Bucs offensive drives.

I have done The Dirty Bird directly underneath that pirate ship they have. I have done The Dirty Bird ON the pirate ship.

However, when we have lost, I made a point of congratulating the loudest Buc smack-talkers. No whining, no excuses.

On the way out, win or lose, with any Bucs fans of a mind to discuss the game while filing out, I will analytically discuss what each team did right and wrong, which players had a terrific game and which ones sucked, and I exchange "seeya next year"s with them.

I've never had a problem at the Bucs stadium.

I do not believe that any level of road-team fan exuberance that does not cross the line into illegal activity deserves physical reprisal from home-team fans. These are people who bought their tickets, and have every right to cheer for their team, boo the other team, make noise, wear their colors, and to have a good time. Period. Football is not important enough to warrant illegal physicality, risking the safety--- and possibly the life--- of fans of an opposing team, or even ruining their day.

Football is an entertainment. A past time. Nothing more.

Not sure what to make of the original post, or of the original poster. Is that a wish list? That's just not realistic. I live in Orlando, so I do not ever have a chance to attend home games in Atlanta, but I do get to go to the Atl/Bucs games in Tampa; I know of the reverse position.

I wear Falcons gear.

I talk smack.

The sea of Bucs fans talk smack right back, en masse.

The few of us there do try to make jeering noise during Bucs offensive drives.

I have done The Dirty Bird directly underneath that pirate ship they have. I have done The Dirty Bird ON the pirate ship.

However, when we have lost, I made a point of congratulating the loudest Buc smack-talkers. No whining, no excuses.

On the way out, win or lose, with any Bucs fans of a mind to discuss the game while filing out, I will analytically discuss what each team did right and wrong, which players had a terrific game and which ones sucked, and I exchange "seeya next year"s with them.

I've never had a problem at the Bucs stadium.

I do not believe that any level of road-team fan exuberance that does not cross the line into illegal activity deserves physical reprisal from home-team fans. These are people who bought their tickets, and have every right to cheer for their team, boo the other team, make noise, wear their colors, and to have a good time. Period. Football is not important enough to warrant illegal physicality, risking the safety--- and possibly the life--- of fans of an opposing team, or even ruining their day.

Football is an entertainment. A past time. Nothing more.

Reading may be fundamental, but comprehension of what you read is also very important.

Well, make up your mind. You started your post stating that Atlanta is nothing like Philly, then you mentioned that Saints fans,if they decide to yell and scream for the Saints, might need security or get hit in the head.

I've gone to Home/Away Falcon games for years. We used to ride a packed bus to old Fulton county stadium.There was always alot of Saints fans there. Atlanta used to bring 3000+/- fans to the superdome.Everyone talked alot of sh!t, but it was all good. The only time I've ever been bothered was by a DRUNK falcon fan after a Falcon win. Other than that,it's all good.Every team has fans that,when alchohol is added, become huge jerks and forget their place.Even Atlanta.I have no fear of going to a game in Atlanta and Yelling for the Saints and SCREAMING when the Falcons have the ball.

Reading may be fundamental, but comprehension of what you read is also very important.

Irony: its whats for dinner!

Since you clearly failed to grasp what was a fairly simple post, I'll explain. I'll try to use small words and short sentences.

The OP was warning Saints fans in the Ga. Dome against certain acts.

I attend Falcon games in a hostile stadium; I am in the role in Tampa that Saints fans in the dome are in.

I engage in most of the activities in RayJ that the OP "warns" Saints fans against in the Ga. Dome.

I've never had a problem.

Saints fans should also never have a problem from Falcons fans in the Ga. Dome as long as they do not break any laws.

If Saints fans are struck, accosted, or threatened for nothing more than supporting their team loudly and enthusiastically, then the offending Falcons fans are in the wrong: not the Saints fans.

There: do you understand now? I can try to WordPaint it in crayon-like lettering if it helps.