Hick'ry Stick Award Video !

Supes™

Go to the home page or click here.

Matt's framed print looks like this:

2ufa6gn.jpg

And BCEagles write-up, which is glued to the back of the print, reads as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down a point with a mere minute to go on a Thursday evening, national audience intently gazing at your team with bated breath? Field goal range required to stave off overtime against that vicious Pack from Wisconsin? A seemingly infinite 3rd and 20, when a failure to convert could disastrously swing momentum back to the surging Buccaneers? The IceMan Cometh. Nothing epitomizes Ryan's play over the third quarter of 2010 better than the words he himself spoke on the sideline when the Packers scored on 4th and goal: sipping Gatorade, collected as could be, he announced, "Doesn't matter." And he was right ... because regardless of what feats our opponents accomplished in this quarter of football, if they left #2 with a few precious ticks on the clock, all they could do was wait for the dagger's inevitable plunge as our offensive mastermind and field general marched to the end zone with surgical precision. As Falcons fans, we've got a QB who defends his home turf like a denizen of the jungle and who is maturing into a road warrior to boot. We've got a QB who has thrown his name into the MVP debate for his uncanny ability to propel our team to a "W" no matter the odds stacked against us. We've got a QB who can read defenses like they are Pre-K textbooks and engineer no-huddle drives for an entire half with a tenacity and tirelessness that would make the Energizer Bunny weep with envy. "We've got the best closer in the game," boasts Roddy White. We've got Matty Ice!

Write-up by Lindsay Williams

Artwork by Mark Tucker and Tim Williams

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go, folks! We really got something special going! B)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice. Thanks to everyone who contributed and congrats again to Matt. That write up is about as good as it gets too.

What does that stick weigh? I think you told us before, but I can't remember. That thing looks freakin sweet. I want to say more about the stick, but I can't really word it without it sounding weird, haha.

Funny how the still frame of the video has Jay gazing at Matt. More proof that it wasn't just one still shot showing his love for Matt. We love you too Jay. Seriously, you do an outstanding job.

You're welcome, guys. This is a lot of fun to do. The guys in the locker room really have an interest in it, and Roddy was disappointed he didn't take it a third straight time. After we shot the video, Matt walked into the locker room and yelled out, "Where's Roddy?" It was hilarious.

What does that stick weigh? I think you told us before, but I can't remember. That thing looks freakin sweet. I want to say more about the stick, but I can't really word it without it sounding weird, haha.

It's pretty heavy. I never weighed it but I'd guess around 18 lbs. I cut it fresh from a huge hickory tree right in my front yard so it's "green" and will weigh less and look even better as it dries out and seasons.

I'm pretty sure you could slay an army with it! B)

You're welcome, guys. This is a lot of fun to do. The guys in the locker room really have an interest in it, and Roddy was disappointed he didn't take it a third straight time. After we shot the video, Matt walked into the locker room and yelled out, "Where's Roddy?" It was hilarious.

Do you have any indication of what Turner thinks about it? Because his turn may be coming up pretty soon.

LOVE IT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: