The "Grim Sleeper"

biloxifalcon

This is the 1st time I've heard about this, I beleive dude is charged with killing at least 11 women. But what's even more scary is that he has photos of 180 different women. LA Police is asking for help in identifying these women, hoping they are still alive. If most of them are dead, this dude would probably be the most prolific serial killer ever! Dude was doing this over a span of 20 yrs.

My link

There are sure some sickos out there. Almost demonic people that don't have any feelings.

Its certainly good that his son screwed up and they were able to match DNA. He would be quite the oddity as most serial killers are white. Those photos are just really really creepy. Some of them are either sleeping, knocked out or dead.

There are sure some sickos out there. Almost demonic people that don't have any feelings.

Its certainly good that his son screwed up and they were able to match DNA. He would be quite the oddity as most serial killers are white. Those photos are just really really creepy. Some of them are either sleeping, knocked out or dead.

That is a Hollywood myth. The FBI says that serial killers racial demographic generally mirrors that of the population.

FBI: Serial Murder

That is a Hollywood myth. The FBI says that serial killers racial demographic generally mirrors that of the population.

FBI: Serial Murder

I doubt Hollywood has anything to do with it. I can name white guys off the top of my head, not so much with black guys.

Maybe there are just as many black killers and they are just good at not getting caught.

I doubt Hollywood has anything to do with it. I can name white guys off the top of my head, not so much with black guys.

Maybe there are just as many black killers and they are just good at not getting caught.

No, they get caught. The media just doesnt report on black serial killers with the same enthusiasm. Maybe non-white serial killer stories dont sell advertising. Serial killers in general are good at getting caught because they kill random strangers.

From the FBI Website

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population.

• Charles Ng, a native of Hong Kong, China, killed numerous victims in Northern California, in concert with Robert Lake.

• Derrick Todd Lee, an African-American, killed at least six women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

• Coral Eugene Watts, an African-American, killed five victims in Michigan, fled the state to avoid detection, and murdered another 12 victims in Texas, before being apprehended.

• Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, a native of Mexico, murdered nine people in Kentucky, Texas, and Illinois, before turning himself in.

FBI

This has me wondering why the myth in the first place.

Maybe because as group serial killers represent a very small percentage of the population and then if you break that group up by racial demographic the non-white groups would be even smaller. A quick search show that most will tell you that there are between 25 and 50 active serial killer in the United States. If they are mirror the population racially then that mean there would approximately three to seven black serial killers. Hmph... It does seem like that would get more press. Maybe there is another reason.

Maybe because as group serial killers represent a very small percentage of the population and then if you break that group up by racial demographic the non-white groups would be even smaller. A quick search show that most will tell you that there are between 25 and 50 active serial killer in the United States. If they are mirror the population racially then that mean there would approximately three to seven black serial killers. Hmph... It does seem like that would get more press. Maybe there is another reason.

It really sucks there's even one, of any race. Wish we could find 'em all.

I just took a look at the pics. I know the cops said it was hard to tell from the photos if some were dead, but, yea, some of them are dead. :(

No, they get caught. The media just doesnt report on black serial killers with the same enthusiasm. Maybe non-white serial killer stories dont sell advertising. Serial killers in general are good at getting caught because they kill random strangers.

From the FBI Website

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population.

• Charles Ng, a native of Hong Kong, China, killed numerous victims in Northern California, in concert with Robert Lake.

• Derrick Todd Lee, an African-American, killed at least six women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

• Coral Eugene Watts, an African-American, killed five victims in Michigan, fled the state to avoid detection, and murdered another 12 victims in Texas, before being apprehended.

• Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, a native of Mexico, murdered nine people in Kentucky, Texas, and Illinois, before turning himself in.

FBI

This has me wondering why the myth in the first place.

No one is saying ALL serial killers where white guys. Most are, and that holds quite true. and even Charles NG had a white accomplice, whom it was determined killed Adam Walsh. So yea, the majority are definitely white guys. I would find it even hard to believe it would mirror the population to be honest.You take areas like Philly and Wash.DC which have heavy black populations and you don't hear of serial killers, yet a place like Wisconsin has two of the better known guys, Gein and Dahmer. :wacko: