History can be made sunday with a win

crankdatfalcon

i thought there was a handful of teams that have done it, i wanna say like 4? but hopefully someone proves me wrong, because that would be an amazing stat.

You're right .... it's been discussed on here this week already. I think there are 3 teams that have done it, but it has been done 4 times. The Jaguars have done it twice.

From AJC Article today.

THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP: Brandt noted that the Falcons are trying to win their third game in a row this week and how difficult that’s been.

Since 2000, 35 teams have had a three-game road trip and only four teams have won all three.

A win over Seattle and the Falcons can join the 2001 and 2005 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2005 Philadelphia Eagles and 2009 New York Giants as teams that have pulled off the feat.

Smith was on the 2005 Jacksonville staff.

“It’s really tough to win all three,” Brandt said. “This is a huge game for them against Seattle.”

So, historically speaking (and considering the info you brought to light), the odds are against us? :(

Since when has winning 3 straight road trips ever been easy? I have been saying it all year that this week was a recipe for a loss. One of my concerns was that it was a long road trip after 2 road division games. Since we got through those without any major injuries or setbacks and considering the current state of the seahawks I think we are in good shape. I am not sure we will look our best this week but it should be still plenty enough for a win.

Since when has winning 3 straight road trips ever been easy? I have been saying it all year that this week was a recipe for a loss. One of my concerns was that it was a long road trip after 2 road division games. Since we got through those without any major injuries or setbacks and considering the current state of the seahawks I think we are in good shape. I am not sure we will look our best this week but it should be still plenty enough for a win.

Man if we can pull it together just one more week. How sweet would that be. Then we could come home for the rest of the season and tear some arse up all the way to the superbowl