If you're a resident of the Atlanta metropolitan area...

BlazerHarvard

Then you should be at the Thrashers game tonight!

Even Roddy is there (who is also sitting alongside Brian McCann)!

sorry, i love the home teams, but i didn't grow up with hockey and really don't care about it. glad some people enjoy it - more power to you. But I've been to Thrashers games before, and it's kinda fun live I guess, but there's no way I'm spending my hard-earned money to go to another one. Frankly, Atlanta shouldn't be an NHL town, and I wouldn't mind a bit if the team were moved or contracted. More money for the Atlanta Spirit Group to waste on losers like Joe Johnson.

Edited by ScottCaseChiropractor

Then you should be at the Thrashers game tonight!

Even Roddy is there (who is also sitting alongside Brian McCann)!

I go to the Gwinnett Gladiators games since they are close by but after hitting the ATL 10 times a year for the Falcons game I've got to many other commitments. I'm glad they are doing well though. I'm watching the Hawks right now while checking the Chargers game. I can't do it all man. :lol:

Hockey is boring on TV but it is fun as **** to see live. Their tickets are overpriced in my opinion. Would love to see more games but I'm not going to sit in the nose bleeds to watch it.

That's what I have experienced. I go 5 miles down the street for very little to sit next to the glass. I'm not a hardcore hockey fan and do realize the difference but that does the trick for me.

I have tried many times to like hockey. I went to some Flames game back in the day when they were an Atlanta team. I wish I could, especially now when there might not be NFL football next season, but it is a combination of roller derby, wrestling, MMA and figure skating to me. I just can't get into it.

I am a Canadian living in Canada so my opinion is a little biased since I was raised with Hockey as the main sport but IMHO I think that Playoff Hockey becomes the most exciting sport out there. The game just goes on another level of competition and speed. While regular season hockey is pretty boring,attending playoff hockey games is one of my best sport experiences.

Looks like you guys out there in Atlanta are going to get a chance to see some playoff hockey this year so I suggest you go check it out. You guys have a pretty solid team.

But until then, spend your hard earned money to go support our great ole Falcons !

Watched every minute of it-the Thrashers deserve better support. They're a legit playoff team.

On a side note: if you attend Saturday night's game, do not forget an unwrapped toy! The Toys for Tots drive goes until 715pm, and if you bring an unwrapped toy, you'll get a voucher for two free tickets in the future. Seems like a very sweet deal for a good cause.

i support this thread.

i am equally loyal to the Falcons and Thrashers... Braves are secondary and i just cant get into basketball much.

but yeah, 2010 Thrashers=2008 Falcons. lots of similarities. new coach/gm, lots of player changes, exciting team that is clearly building something special.

they have so many great ticket deals that you can get great seats for cheap, and there really isnt a bad seat in philips, even the last row of the upper deck is a great view

even Freddy Falcon was at the game last night!

Edited by telfo

Hockey is boring on TV but it is fun as **** to see live. Their tickets are overpriced in my opinion. Would love to see more games but I'm not going to sit in the nose bleeds to watch it.

So true, I went to a a lot of Flames games.

The TV follows the puck, and often will miss the slug fest at the other end.