What do we make of Kroy?

84White32Quizz

Now they guy had 2 sacks against Carolina but do we chalk it up to it was Carolina or he just lookes as if he was playing different?

On both of his sacks it looked like the pass coverage was holding up, well the one where he made that RB look stupid imo was Kroy making a great play.

I'm just wondering because if the guy breaks out these final 3 games what do we make of him? If he has 3 solid games with some sacks would you feel comfortable with him starting next year?

I say the final 3 games becasue if the guy goes off in the playoffs as well then how can he not be our starting LDE next year.

But if he finishes the year with with 7 or 8 sacks what should we make of the guy?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a playmaker and a great guy. But he's not a marquee starting DE (at least not yet). So we definitely keep him, but we go for a 1st round DE (or a marquee free agent), and then we let the competition play out through training camp. If Kroy goes to a whole new level, he could still hold that starting job. If not, he's the strongest non-starter on the line, a special teams bad azz, and a helluva contributor to our team.

He's a playmaker and a great guy. But he's not a marquee starting DE (at least not yet). So we definitely keep him, but we go for a 1st round DE (or a marquee free agent), and then we let the competition play out through training camp. If Kroy goes to a whole new level, he could still hold that starting job. If not, he's the strongest non-starter on the line, a special teams bad azz, and a helluva contributor to our team.

I dont know of any DE's that will be available when we draft, but there was a lot of talk about wanting Ray Edwards, he has 5.5 sacks this year, could he be an option, and what would it take to get him? will he be a free agent as some of these sites say or will we have to trade for him?

Of course if he finished with 7 or 8 sacks--having only 3 through 13 games--this would be impressive. However, I see Biermann at most a serviceable DE until we can upgrade this position with a pro bowl caliber player. He's just too small and not physically strong enough (like Abraham) to handle NFL lineman and he's not fast enough to play the linebacker his size and body type is more suitable for.

I think he gets the best out of his body he can but I do not see him getting much more!

I think drafting DE early in this draft would help push Biermann and also give us more insurance for when Abe is gone.

This draft is supposed to be deep in DEs if I remember correctly, so we could probably get a really good one late in the 1st or 2nd round still.

I think Biermann remains the starter across from Abe next year and then gets a shot at Abe's spot when he is gone. In the mean time we should draft a quality young DE to start grooming to start opposite Biermann at some point. And if Biermann doesn't pan out over the next couple years, we'll obviously have to put another high draft pick into DE soon.

Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma

Height: 6-3. Weight: 261.

Projected 40 Time: 4.76.

Projected Round (2011): 1-2.

10/8/10: Beal is on a mission. He is showing good speed off the edge, and I love his second effort as a pass rusher. His stock is on the rise - he has 8.5 TFL, six sacks, and three forced fumbles through four games this season and is looking like a marginal first-rounder.

Biermann plays with a lot of heart! You can't take that away from him and I see him stickin around for a while.

I would agree with all points on Kroy made here. He still made the #2 play of the year in my book(behind Roddy causing the fumble in the 49er game)Size may be the issue,doesnt get the push needed to be a force on sacks.

I think my exceptions for Kroy was to high. He hasn't played bad, but he hasn't played to that pro bowl level that I expected him to play at. I think he is a great rotational guy, but not a solid starter yet. I see us picking up a DE in Free Agency or through the draft in the off-season

Biermann plays with a lot of heart! You can't take that away from him and I see him stickin around for a while.

Heart can only get you so far. At some point your true potential will have to show and his might have already come and it is good but not great. Like another poster said he's great in rotation but he is not a marquee DE. I don't think he will become a Jared Allen type of end.

Biermann is playing pretty well. He has a motor on him and where he may not get to the QB on the regular, he does cause the QB to hurry his throw more often than he did last year. He still needs to work on his run defense though.

Imagine his or Patrick Kerney's "motor" powering Albert Haynesworth's body?

Unstoppable is all I can think of to describe this combination! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

I wouldn't mind signing Charles Johnson as a FA. He's having a really good season, in spite of the train wreck that surrounds him.

He's from Georgia, and he's only 24 years old, also right now he can be signed as a 2nd tier FA. Give him a chance to come home, play on a winning team, and he could fill that spot for 6 to 8 years.