Just rewatched the game ... Stephen Nicholas...

MagnusXXIII

Ive been saying this all along... Last year i felt like Nicholas was our best over-all LB.

Dude has everything u want in a LB.

We have a very talented LB core

I agree,

I don't know why they don't use him to rush the passer more cause the times I've seent him blitz he got very good pressure. but Nic is a beast.

Ive been saying this all along... Last year i felt like Nicholas was our best over-all LB.

Dude has everything u want in a LB.

We have a very talented LB core

I respect your opinion greatly, so I thought you'd be one of the better people to ask.

Do you think that Nicholas will take over for Pete? I think Weatherspoon, Lofton, and Nicholas would be a formidable unit.

As you mentioned, I think Nicholas is a pretty good coverage LB. He's great at rushing the passer, as well.

Nicolas to his credit is keeping Spoon out and has been good the last 3 weeks he's not flashy just does his job hence why I think the coaching staff like him.

I think you've got to keep Mo Pete out there his influence and experience overall on the defense is very under estimated in my view and hence why he starts every game.

id love to see some more 3-4 with lofton and pete on the inside and spoon and nic on the outside.

we are so far into the season that they shouldn't mess with what they are doing but i would love to see a couple quarters of play with those 4 out there

I'd actually like to see adkins rushing the middle with lofton, hes contributing on ST, wouldn't hurt.

It's nice to have depth for once.

I know the defense has good rotation on the DL and nice depth at LB and not bad depth in the secondary

Very much like the Patriot way not alot of prima donna just guys that aren't gonna kill you if they have to start 2-3 games. I don't like BVG's scheme all the time but he is getting alot from this defense.

I respect your opinion greatly, so I thought you'd be one of the better people to ask.

Do you think that Nicholas will take over for Pete? I think Weatherspoon, Lofton, and Nicholas would be a formidable unit.

As you mentioned, I think Nicholas is a pretty good coverage LB. He's great at rushing the passer, as well.

I don't see how they could not let him return to starting.

After MP, we would either need to draft someone reasonably high ... Or find another vet.

Neither option gives us someone better without considerable investment.

This team is one of the best at optimizing value ... And there would not be a lot of value trying to bring in someone else.

Nicholas is underrated and definately starter quality. You know who else is underrated... Mike Peterson. For all the criticism about his age or slowing down, I really haven't seen it this year. He just seems to keep making plays and really has not been exposed. Last season he seemed to wear down, but it just hasn't happened up to this point. I'd like to see him here as a back up for all 3 LB spots next year.

It's a good situation to be in. All 4 of those guys are starters. Peterson is holding up well this year. Spoon's been a little slow but is now coming back. If there's anyone who's a little down it's Lofton. He's very clearly playing hurt.

I'd like to see more rotation in the LBs. Maybe give Lofton some rest. But that's a problem because he has the "wired" helmet for play calling, and I think you're only allowed one of those. Anyone know if you could wire more than one as long as only 1 was in the game at a time?

I think Spoon will eventiually take the Will spot when Peterson moves on. Nicholas has played Sam primarily, and Spoon played both the weak and strong sides in college.

i like nic and all, but he still cnt cover, and he seems to be more of a run and chase type of LB, but he still cnt cover TEs or RBs.....

I don't get it big Dan?

Nicholas has always been able to cover. He is the only one who could cover last year. He has gotten even better.

Are we talking about the same dude?

Nicholas is underrated and definately starter quality. You know who else is underrated... Mike Peterson. For all the criticism about his age or slowing down, I really haven't seen it this year. He just seems to keep making plays and really has not been exposed. Last season he seemed to wear down, but it just hasn't happened up to this point. I'd like to see him here as a back up for all 3 LB spots next year.

He is playing for the Ring, hence not slowing down this year.

You know what, that might not be a bad idea. If he leaves we would have to get somebody thru the draft/FA. The

draft don't look good for OLB'ers after the 3rd round, and I don't see us going LB'er b4 the 3rd. He knows the

system and wouldn't be bad coming off the bench.

• 1 year later...