Do we clinch if..

And the Aints will have to play their starters in Week 17 to try and make the playoffs since they will lose to Baltimore and the Falcons. :rolleyes:

If that happens, we'll be happy to play in week 17 with a shot to get in with a home win. You guys, on the other hand, will have to play your starters/risk injury for a full 60 minutes in the final weekend of the season just for seeding purposes.

Edited by Saintsfan422

Listen ... We essentially clinched... It would take a combination of a DeCoud "I am just trotting off the field" heel nick pinball wizard third removed double toe scrapping long snapper recovering turnover .... Combined with bengal's flinch for Loss ... Roy Williams strip ... To even ... No not even ... Come close to us not making the play-offs.

Listen ... We essentially clinched... It would take a combination of a DeCoud "I am just trotting off the field" heel nick pinball wizard third removed double toe scrapping long snapper recovering turnover .... Combined with bengal's flinch for Loss ... Roy Williams strip ... To even ... No not even ... Come close to us not making the play-offs.

Just like the Saints...don't lose out and you have zero shot of not making it.

If that happens, we'll be happy to play in week 17 with a shot to get in with a home win. You guys, on the other hand, will have to play your starters/risk injury for a full 60 minutes in the final weekend of the season just for seeding purposes.

You know you'll be risking the same things right. Madden Curse will show it's face.

You know you'll be risking the same things right. Madden Curse will show it's face.

Madden Curse doesn't always mean the player gets injured - when Ray was on the cover he played an entire season it was his worst season statistically. Right now Brees has tied for the most INTs thrown in his career and still has 3 more games to play to possibly throw more.

Edited by BruceReville

Falcons can beat the Seahawks & Panthers - lose to the Saints who can win out and still have Home Field Advantage in the play-offs due to "Common Opponent Tiebreak" we hold over the Saints.

I know this...I was talking about how ridiculous he sounded saying you could rest your starters vs. Carolina.

Edited by Saintsfan422

Man you are grasping arent you? Is it such a big deal to you that we play our starters so we can clinch the number one seed? You guys are going to have to play your starters to even get a wild card spot. Sounds to me like a disgruntled Aints fan. Get a life guy and accept the fact that your team isnt the top dog this year. Sorry for your loss.

Man you are grasping arent you? Is it such a big deal to you that we play our starters so we can clinch the number one seed? You guys are going to have to play your starters to even get a wild card spot. Sounds to me like a disgruntled Aints fan. Get a life guy and accept the fact that your team isnt the top dog this year. Sorry for your loss.

As long as you guys don't win it all, I'll be ok with the result.

Edited by Saintsfan422

We will basically clinch if we beat the Seahawks b/c even if we loose to the saints we still own the tie breaker and the chances of the pathers beating us in the final home game of the regular season are slim to none .. So again if we win Sunday we have pretty much hv clinched homefield advantage ..SO THIS IS A HUGE GAME THIS WEEKEND .. anyone who closely follows the falcons know that if there is a team that needs to hv homefeild advantage in order to reach the big dance it's us .. Were just not a good on the road team .. YET!

I was thinking about this and i think we need three things to happen:

1st we win seattle :P ,

2nd the aints lose against the ravens

3rd eagles lose to the giants, because if we win BUT the eagles win too, they will be two games behind us, so there is a chance they still can tie our record, and since they won the tiebraker, the eagles would be first.

I don't know what happens if there is a triple tie between saints, falcons and eagles, but if someone could post it it would be apreciated.

Edited by FalconFromSpain

I was thinking about this and i think we need three things to happen:

1st we win seattle :P ,

2nd the aints lose against the ravens

3rd eagles lose to the giants, because if we win BUT the eagles win too, they will be two games behind us, so there is a chance they still can tie our record, and since they won the tiebraker, the eagles would be first.

I don't know what happens if there is a triple tie between saints, falcons and eagles, but if someone could post it it would be apreciated.

Good question. Looking at the ESPN playoff machine, there are scenarios that could see all three of those 12-4 teams in any order of #1, #2, and #5.

It is still possible for the the Giants to win out and become #1 seed also they beat Philly and are tied with us and N.O. at 12-4.

Still lots of things that could happen. Only thing that is guaranteed at this point is that the NFCW champ will be seed #4. <_<

I think it would be more satisfying beating them in the Dome to clinch the division. Not only would that break their heart for trying to get the division, it would put them in a must win scenario the next week against the Bucs. This is, of course, assuming we handle Seattle, Ravens beat Saints, & Bucs win their next 2 games (Lions & Seahawks).

Playoff spot yes, division title no.

Actually we do get the division title.

We beat the Cardinals, and the Saints lost to them.

So even if we lose to the Saints, it doesn't really matter. And we clinch a spot in the playoffs.

if we beat Seahawks we will win the Div

even if Saints win out

all we would have to do is beat Panthers the last game and we win Div

thats why i am saying, this is a big game.

Wins vs Seahawks sun and Panthers to end the yr

and it dont matter what Saints do

we win the South

You beat me to what I was going to say ^_^