Will the Madden Curse finally kick in?

vel

The Saints have 3 tough games left with the Ravens, Falcons, and Bucs. What analysts won't mention is that the Saints 5 of the last 6 games of their win streak has included the Panthers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bengals, and Rams. All losing teams. They have played weak teams to gain some momentum. Ours on the other hand has included the Bucs twice, Ravens, and Packers. They barely beat the Bengals as well as praying for a miracle against the Cowboys. The Ravens aren't a team like that nor are we. The Ravens are always up to the challenge, especially play at home. We are flawless at home this season so far. Plus, we will be playing hard to basically secure HFA and not need to play week 17. The Bucs have given the Saints trouble not having been swept since 06. The Saints also went on a 3-game skid last year as well to end the season, losing to Dallas, TB, and Carolina. The same can definitely happen again this year.

But the real reason I made this thread is that if we win the SB and the Madden Curse continues, Ryan will be a top candidate to grace the cover. I didn't think about it until now that the curse really hasn't hit the Saints hard (outside of the BP thing but that affected the whole region). I would, as well as the rest of you, be totally against the placing of Ryan on the cover. I am kind of happy that Brady is having such a great year this year so he is making a case for the cover (MVP-worthy), but if we beat them in the SB Ryan is the more likely candidate I think (Manning was MVP but Brees beat him)

Just a thought.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to imply Saints have been praying for wins, beat only weak teams etc...

And the Madden curse is just reaching bad

I'm thinking you didn't even read his **** post. Nowhere did he imply that the Saints are "praying for wins", but you most certainly have beaten up on weak teams these last 5 weeks, there's no getting around that. As for the Madden curse, his only mention of the Saints was that it hasn't really effected them. So please, you keep reaching.

I'm thinking you didn't even read his **** post. Nowhere did he imply that the Saints are "praying for wins", but you most certainly have beaten up on weak teams these last 5 weeks, there's no getting around that. As for the Madden curse, his only mention of the Saints was that it hasn't really effected them. So please, you keep reaching.

ok dood

Reading this kind of slant makes it seem as if Saints were just a fortunate team to be where they are today, but in reality this season is just an extension of last being a giant winning campaign of success, so there's my counterpoint to all the weak teams played BS.

Do what? What is ******** about the fact that the only team you beat since week 9 that had an above .500 record was the Seahawks (who are now below .500)? I mean ****, two of those teams you beat have a combined record of 3-23.

Do what? What is ******** about the fact that the only team you beat since week 9 that had an above .500 record was the Seahawks (who are now below .500)? I mean ****, two of those teams you beat have a combined record of 3-23.

So your team hasn't had the honor to shoot some tomato cans too then? c'mon man, Saints only play the schedule provided to them, not to mention these teams "playing over their heads" trying to knock off last season's SB champs. Sound familiar, going for it on 4th down, etc against the Saints? **** the Browns were dumping gatorade after they pulled out the win against Saints, ^_^

So your team hasn't had the honor to shoot some tomato cans too then? c'mon man, Saints only play the schedule provided to them, not to mention these teams "playing over their heads" trying to knock off last season's SB champs. Sound familiar, going for it on 4th down, etc against the Saints? **** the Browns were dumping gatorade after they pulled out the win against Saints, ^_^

Dude, no one gives a **** about beating the defending super bowl champs after like week 2 or 3 because they are just that, the -defending- champs...as in, last season, but I'm sure you will use that as an excuse any time you lose for the next 4-5 years. And going for it on 4th down means a team is trying to sustain a drive or make a statement, much like the Falcons did in that game you are referring to. There's nothing more deflating than a team ramming the ball down your throat for a 16-play, 10 minute long drive that results in a score. It's also a rivalry game in terms of the Falcons and Saints, so why would they not pull out the stops for that?

Reading this kind of slant makes it seem as if Saints were just a fortunate team to be where they are today, but in reality this season is just an extension of last being a giant winning campaign of success, so there's my counterpoint to all the weak teams played BS.

The aints are an EXTREMELY fortunate team to be where they are. Of course it took bad fortune for the people of New Orleans and the gulf coast to get them there.

Katrina devasted peoples lives but hey, the good old NFL thought they could make it up by gift wrapping a trip to the Superbowl via a victory over MN that was so biased in the officiating it was ridiculous. Any sane person who is not an aints fan ( and what aints fan is sane? :P ) knows it. I don't know what sickens me more, the fact that the aints got the gimme trip to the SB or the fact that the NFL though they could ease the devastation Katrina caused by rewarding an inane football franchise. Both are actually pretty disgusting.

Now, getting on to this season, aints have looked anywhere from bad to positively ordinary this year and barely beat teams like the cowgirls and the bungles before whipping up on the lambs last week. Sorry Charlie, you had a dominant season last year but you fizzled out towards the end of the year and wouldn't have made it to the SB without that gift victory from the NFL. This year, you haven't beat anybody of note besides maybe the Steelers. Keep living in your fantasy world if you want.