Is Rivals biased or just stupid?

CalDawg

Rivals first team freshman All-American quarterback - Taylor Martinez? They must be joking.

PASSING Cmp Att Pct Yds Yd/A TD Int Rating

Taylor Martinez 109 187 58.3 1,578 8.4 9 6 138.6

Aaron Murray 188 304 61.8 2,851 9.4 24 6 162.7

Martinez also had 924 yards rushing, but 740 yards of that came against these 5 teams; Western Kentucky, South Dakota State, Idaho, Washington, and Kansas State.

Murray had over 3000 yards rushing and passing, compared to 2500 for Martinez. Murray had a better completion percentage, more yards per attempt, almost three times as many touchdowns with the same number of interceptions, and a much higher passer rating. Murray threw for over 200 yards nine times, Martinez once. In fact, Martinez only threw for over 150 yards twice this season. Both are red shirt freshmen.

true his passing stats may be better, and believe me speaking as a Husker fan, as a pure passer id have Murray as my QB...just look at the records, a QB is supposed to win and thats what Martinez did even without the best WR in the nation IMO. Nebraska has no wideouts at all.

Look at the records? All that proves is that Martinez played on a better team against weaker competition. Murray was the better quarterback this year and it wasn't really close. He would have been the better quarterback if the two had switched teams. I wasn't aware that being named All-American was a team award.

Edited by CalDawg

Look at the records? All that proves is that Martinez played on a better team against weaker competition. Murray was the better quarterback this year and it wasn't really close. He would have been the better quarterback if the two had switched teams. I wasn't aware that being named All-American was a team award.

couldn't agree more

HuskerFalcon,

How do you think Prince Amukamara stacks up against Patrick Peterson, purely as a CB - disregarding special teams?

I'm sure both will go in the top 10 in April's Draft, but I think Peterson's return skills might help him in getting off the board first.

i think Peterson will go before Prince because of his versatility. i think both will go top ten for sure. but in comparing them its really hard to do that, yes Peterson had more INTs but Prince had more pass break ups and was rarely thrown at (out of 43 balls thrown his way only 13). so purely as a corner you cant go wrong with either its just to hard to pick.

Nebraska struggled when Martinez was injured or not playing. Georgia struggled when Mark Richt was the coach.

Care to try again? He's one of only a handful of coaches to avg 10 wins a year through the first 9 seasons he's been there. He may have some issues, but clearly, it hasn't been him that's made us bad. Best all time winning percentage of a coach EVER at UGA, and it isn't even close. Georgia has EXCELLED when MR is the coach.

Martinez is not magical. He's a solid game manager who can run.

they are stupid and biased to not have aaron murray on the first team all american team for freshman. i saw both guys play a lot and martinez did not have a better year at all and no excuse is good enough to use to explain it. Another pathetic snub by this organization that has made a habit of doing that.

true his passing stats may be better, and believe me speaking as a Husker fan, as a pure passer id have Murray as my QB...just look at the records, a QB is supposed to win and thats what Martinez did even without the best WR in the nation IMO. Nebraska has no wideouts at all.

It can be argued pretty easily that UGA doesn't win 6 games without Murray, so Murray did win games

AJ Green shouldn't really factor into this discussion and even less should be held against Murray

Martinez - and NEBRASKA - won more games but they also had a much better defense than UGA did this year, which is fairly (or really) important in this discussion

Murray is the better overall QB hands down. Even though he's not the runner that Martinez is he is not that far behind and is a significantly better passer (good game-manager, good with ball fakes, maturity, doesn't make many mistakes like forcing throws etc) and consequently, the better QB. Period.

Care to try again? He's one of only a handful of coaches to avg 10 wins a year through the first 9 seasons he's been there. He may have some issues, but clearly, it hasn't been him that's made us bad. Best all time winning percentage of a coach EVER at UGA, and it isn't even close. Georgia has EXCELLED when MR is the coach.

Martinez is not magical. He's a solid game manager who can run.

Yeah.....I was just yanking your(UGA fans) chains. I agree he has some issues, but to replace him would be dumb.