USC OT Tyron Smith has opted to enter the NFL Draft

atljbo

yep but i think Kalil got hurt so they moved Smith to LT.

I don't recall Kalil ever getting hurt this year, but maybe I'm wrong. Smith is definitely athletic enough to play LT, he just doesn't get a chance with Kalil over there. He just needs to add weight and probably develop for part of a year or potentially a whole season before he can think about starting in my opinion. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in the top 15 the way he will test and look in drills.

I don't recall Kalil ever getting hurt this year, but maybe I'm wrong. Smith is definitely athletic enough to play LT, he just doesn't get a chance with Kalil over there. He just needs to add weight and probably develop for part of a year or potentially a whole season before he can think about starting in my opinion. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in the top 15 the way he will test and look in drills.

yeah I agree. Would a good comparison be Charles Brown who also came out of USC. Brown was kind of raw just like Smith. However, Smith isn't injured like Brown was.

I think Tyron Smith is much more athletic than Brown was. I'm not sure there is a perfect comparison for Smith because he is a rare athletic talent. There aren't a lot of guys who play RT that project to the LT position as well as he does, so he is kind of an original prospect in a lot of ways.

And for all the talk of Tyron Smith entering the draft Jurell Casey doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention... he's a good DT. I have him ranked as my #5 DT behind Dareus, Fairley, Nevis and Paea, but he could give Nevis and Paea a run for their money as far as being selected before them. I think that he is probably a 2nd rounder right now, but he could move up a bit if he tests well and does well in interviews. He is a quality NFL UT prospect to be sure. Someone could get a really nice value in the 2nd round if they pick him up.

God this DT class is deep... makes me want to pick another one to be honest.

I think Tyron Smith is much more athletic than Brown was. I'm not sure there is a perfect comparison for Smith because he is a rare athletic talent. There aren't a lot of guys who play RT that project to the LT position as well as he does, so he is kind of an original prospect in a lot of ways.

And for all the talk of Tyron Smith entering the draft Jurell Casey doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention... he's a good DT. I have him ranked as my #5 DT behind Dareus, Fairley, Nevis and Paea, but he could give Nevis and Paea a run for their money as far as being selected before them. I think that he is probably a 2nd rounder right now, but he could move up a bit if he tests well and does well in interviews. He is a quality NFL UT prospect to be sure. Someone could get a really nice value in the 2nd round if they pick him up.

God this DT class is deep... makes me want to pick another one to be honest.

Yup.. I see Smith as a D'Brickashaw Ferguson type guy when he was coming out.... Ultra athletic but has to get stronger.

This DT class is crazy. We are settled at DTY tho (with young talent)

Yup.. I see Smith as a D'Brickashaw Ferguson type guy when he was coming out.... Ultra athletic but has to get stronger.

This DT class is crazy. We are settled at DTY tho (with young talent)

Ah, very good comparison actually. I knew there was someone that could be comparable to him... totally forgot about D'Brick.

But yes this DT class is extremely deep. I want to draft Paea or Casey in the 1st round and then just rotate Babs, Peters, Casey and Jerry if he is healthy. lol

Ah, very good comparison actually. I knew there was someone that could be comparable to him... totally forgot about D'Brick.

But yes this DT class is extremely deep. I want to draft Paea or Casey in the 1st round and then just rotate Babs, Peters, Casey and Jerry if he is healthy. lol

Vance Walker has been great this year (at his role) ... DE is the HUGE need.

We will see what we really have in Peria next year.

Think about it.. If HD is just now saying he is starting to feel like his knee is 100%... A 300lbs dude has to be behind him in recovery... I think next year will tell us allot

Vance Walker has been great this year (at his role) ... DE is the HUGE need.

We will see what we really have in Peria next year.

Think about it.. If HD is just now saying he is starting to feel like his knee is 100%... A 300lbs dude has to be behind him in recovery... I think next year will tell us allot

Yeah I think they both come back to old form or better next year.