ESPN power rankings are out

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody with the 27th ranked defense should be ranked #1.

27th in what?? The most important stat of a defense is Points given up, in which we rank 7th. If you are talking yards, who cares when they don't turn into points. So go rah rah rah over yards, and give up a bunch of points and see how that turns out for your team, but I will take low points and lots of yards any day, because the offense has to hate it when they get the ball drive down the field and CAN'T SCORE!!

27th in what?? The most important stat of a defense is Points given up, in which we rank 7th. If you are talking yards, who cares when they don't turn into points. So go rah rah rah over yards, and give up a bunch of points and see how that turns out for your team, but I will take low points and lots of yards any day, because the offense has to hate it when they get the ball drive down the field and CAN'T SCORE!!

Pats have the 27th overall defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

They are also 17th in points giving up just 21.1 per game. If you think what Brady can do on offense then I have no issue with their location. I don't put ANY stock in yards per game, except to see where a team might get taken advantage of to score points. POINTS are the only real stat for ranking purposes.

They are good, but are we basing this on them beating two teams that weren't who we thought they were or because all of sudden they flipped the switch. Jets are over rated and if Chicago hadnt beaten Philly (barely), would we even be talking highly of them? This is the same Pats team that go blasted by a Browns team that we waxed. And as one commentator put it, the Pats will look different when they face a team that consistently can force its physical will on a team by running the ball. Like Cleveland did, and like we can. The Pats have a good offense, but I think you can hit that defense in the mouth and wear them down.

Yes we beat the Browns and they lost to the Browns. We didn't exactly wax the Browns. It was a 13-10 game prior the Kroy play.

Let's look at the other common opponents.... The Pats destroyed the Steelers with Big Ben. We lost to the Steelers without Big Ben.

Both beat Cincy.

Both beat Baltimore in close games.

This weekend the Pats will play the Packers. Falcons beat the Pack in a close game.

They are also 17th in points giving up just 21.1 per game. If you think what Brady can do on offense then I have no issue with their location. I don't put ANY stock in yards per game, except to see where a team might get taken advantage of to score points. POINTS are the only real stat for ranking purposes.

lol...just admit you thought he was talking about the Falcons guy :rolleyes:

lol...just admit you thought he was talking about the Falcons guy :rolleyes:

I did think so, but then again, I don't really care as stated above I don't have a problem with them(Pats) being above the Falcons with their record and that team playing the way they are. Pats have the 17th ranked scoring defense and right now are blasting good teams, can't argue with having them at number 1 with a 11-2 record.

Sidebar: Every Saints fan I know CANNOT WAIT until the Monday Night game. They are convinced we got lucky b/c of the missed FG and desperately want their payback. It makes me laugh whenever I talk to one of them.

I was wondering how many posts on this thread it would take to bring up the Saints. So far every thread I have read over here it takes about 5 posts before the topic turns to Saints. Lol!!! You guys could be talking about bringing back Keith Brooking and retiring his jersey and somehow the topic will turn to the New Orleans Saints. Wonder why that is????

Edited by Whodat51

I was wondering how many posts on this thread it would take to bring up the Saints. So far every thread I have read over here it takes about 5 posts before the topic turns to Saints. Lol!!! You guys could be talking about bringing back Keith Brooking and retiring his jersey and somehow the topic will turn to the New Orleans Saints. Wonder why that is????

....says the Taint fan who seems to absolutely love hanging out on a Falcons message board.

We are now #2 on the list behind the Pats.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

I can understand that though, the Pats are playing out of their minds and they just destroyed the 9-3 bears on the road, pretty impressive.

Who cares the power rankings mean notthing they don't dictate who wins the SB so why would you worry if we have dropped a spot.

Brady is on fire the Patriots are media darlings let them have it.

It's pure entertainment at it's finest. Makes all us Saints fans feel great that an 11-2 team is that scared of us.

I'm not scared of you guys and I doubt seriously if there's a single member of the Falcons who is either.

I can't freakin' wait until you swamp rats roll into town.