ESPN power rankings are out

JD dirtybird21

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no complaints..right now the pats are the best team in the nfl hands down..

They are good, but are we basing this on them beating two teams that weren't who we thought they were or because all of sudden they flipped the switch. Jets are over rated and if Chicago hadnt beaten Philly (barely), would we even be talking highly of them? This is the same Pats team that go blasted by a Browns team that we waxed. And as one commentator put it, the Pats will look different when they face a team that consistently can force its physical will on a team by running the ball. Like Cleveland did, and like we can. The Pats have a good offense, but I think you can hit that defense in the mouth and wear them down.

It's not very often that a #1 team that continues to win drops to #2 in their power rankings. That just shows how impressive the Patriots have been. Although, I feel the Jets and Bears were really really overrated and still are. The power rankings are shaping up how it really is now in my opinion, most of the pretenders have been exposed and dropped like they needed to be.

I think at this stage the Falcons are psychologically better off not being ranked number one. The last decade the Patriots are use to this spot and thus are use to this stage. The Falcons, on the other hand, are not, so they need to continuously feel the need to improve to keep their edge and mission to prove to all they're the best.

If 12+ win season becomes the norm and expectation then it will no longer matter.

I have no problem with being rated just below another 11-2 team, especially one with the credentials of the Pats. I do have an issue with people putting us below the Saints or anyone else NOT 11-2 at this time of the year. The really great thing about power rankings is they are great food for posts, but mean absolutely nothing.

Go Falcons.

I'm ok with that....

Anyone see Peter Kings MMQB fine fifteen? He actually had us 3rd behind the Saints. That was a little baffling but they will learn.

Sidebar: Every Saints fan I know CANNOT WAIT until the Monday Night game. They are convinced we got lucky b/c of the missed FG and desperately want their payback. It makes me laugh whenever I talk to one of them.

I'm ok with that....

Anyone see Peter Kings MMQB fine fifteen? He actually had us 3rd behind the Saints. That was a little baffling but they will learn.

How dumb can people be?

Falcons 11-2 Saints 10-3

Falcons BEAT the Saints in NO

Falcons highest strength of schedule out of all NFC playoff contenders

Saints lowest strength of schedule in the entire NFL

Saints are over-rated.

cbs has us at number 1

And their comment section is going nuts over that lol. They don't understand that we don't strive to be flashy and blow people out. We ball control and suffocate opponents to only give them 6 or so chances a game. The first half of the Carolina game was a clinic, much like New England's game was.

Edited by dmite