Report: Gurley to leave South Carolina after bowl game

atljbo

Report: Gurley to leave South Carolina after bowl game

South Carolina fans can still look forward to All-American Alshon Jeffery making plays next season. Fellow receiver Tori Gurley? Not so much.

According to a report, the third-year sophomore has decided to pursue the NFL Draft following the team’s bowl game and will not return to school. Gurley reportedly has informed head coach Steve Spurrier and the staff of his plans.

The 23-year-old Gurley believes the time is right to make the jump to the NFL, especially knowing that he will once again be the No. 2 receiver behind Jeffery.

Gurley is second on the team this season with 42 catches for 416 yards and 4 touchdowns. In two seasons with the Gamecocks, he has 73 catches for 856 yards and 6 scores.

Spurrier confirmed last week that Gurley, along with redshirt junior offensive lineman Rokevious Watkins, has sent his information in to the NFL for review. Players have until January 15 to put their name in the draft.

what makes you think he can't increase his draft stock?

With Alshon Jeffery as the beast WR and Marcus Lattimore as the beast RB... The touches to impress teams are not going to be there... His stats now will look the same next year... Then dude would be 24 years old (rookie) ...

If he goes back to school to live the college life... I can get that... But he knows as a prospect... His draft stock is what it is... Cant get better.

With Alshon Jeffery as the beast WR and Marcus Lattimore as the beast RB... The touches to impress teams are not going to be there... His stats now will look the same next year... Then dude would be 24 years old (rookie) ...

If he goes back to school to live the college life... I can get that... But he knows as a prospect... His draft stock is what it is... Cant get better.

What if SC throw the ball more next year? Then there would be plenty of touches for all.

What if SC throw the ball more next year? Then there would be plenty of touches for all.

Throw the ball more and they have a BEAST at RB..... I dont see that happening... Alshon Jeffery is going to get his stats but i just dont see the stats being there for gurly...

Name me a top college WR side kick (#2 wr) thats rated high ?

Throw the ball more and they have a BEAST at RB..... I dont see that happening... Alshon Jeffery is going to get his stats but i just dont see the stats being there for gurly...

Name me a top college WR side kick (#2 wr) thats rated high ?

exactly. Gurley probably won't be any more highly rated next year or this year. It will all be the same. no reason to come out. He has nothing to lose by staying.

SC fans are denying he is declaring but instead saying he is just checking his status.

I get that he doesn't want to come back and be Jeffrey's side-kick again and at 23 it makes sense to leave because he will be getting paid next year instead of playing for free (I assume at least, you never know with agents I guess). He won't get drafted early this year, but he could be a solid possession receiver in the NFL. I would put him as a 4th/5th rounder right now though...