A big reason why we are 11-2 often goes overlooked by everyone

Caddieman

A great coaching staff. Not only have they assembled great talent that fits their scheme, but just looking at stats that you can say is influenced by the coaching staff and I was amazed.

1) Fumbles: we are tied for #1 with only 6.(sign of a well coached team) Yes I know the coaches are not out on the field making our players tuck the ball, but I bet that they pound ball security into their heads in practice.

2)Penalties: #1 with only 49 all year.(sign of a well coached team)

3)3rd down conversions: #2 with 48% success rate

4) 4th down conversions: #2 with 82% success rate

5) Time Of Possession: #2 with 33.29 min/G

6) Point given up per/G: #7

This coaching staff gets overlooked by everyone. Just thought I give a little props to the guys. Smitty IMO is starting to become one of the better coaches in the NFL. :wub:

A great coaching staff. Not only have they assembled great talent that fits their scheme, but just looking at stats that you can say is influenced by the coaching staff and I was amazed.

1) Fumbles: we are tied for #1 with only 6.(sign of a well coached team) Yes I know the coaches are not out on the field making our players tuck the ball, but I bet that they pound ball security into their heads in practice.

2)Penalties: #1 with only 49 all year.(sign of a well coached team)

3)3rd down conversions: #2 with 48% success rate

4) 4th down conversions: #2 with 82% success rate

5) Time Of Possession: #2 with 33.29 min/G

6) Point given up per/G: #7

This coaching staff gets overlooked by everyone. Just thought I give a little props to the guys. Smitty IMO is starting to become one of the better coaches in the NFL. :wub:

Absolutely...

I didn't know people were overlooking the coaching staff. I fully expect Mike Smith to win Coach of the Year, just as he did in 2008.

As much as I would like Coach Smith to win COTY again, I do not think he will.

I think Raheem Morris has to be in the front runners at this point. Look at where the Bucs are this year compared to last year. They were basically the Panthers of last season, and now are in the Playoff Conversation.

I think Raheem Morris has to be in the front runners at this point. Look at where the Bucs are this year compared to last year. They were basically the Panthers of last season, and now are in the Playoff Conversation.

OK, yeah, I can agree with that. Morris probably wins the award unless they have a 0-3 collapse the rest of the way.

It'll be Raheem Morris, with Steve Spaguolo a close second. If the rams win the nfc west, he might get it.

OK, yeah, I can agree with that. Morris probably wins the award unless they have a 0-3 collapse the rest of the way.

I could see him winning, but I think they'd have to actually make the playoffs. Regardless, they are now a team to watch for in 2011 and beyond. Good thing we will get better too.

All the talking heads(media) say it is going to be Bill Belichick hands down!............go figure! :(

People (media included) hate Belicheck and as silly as it might be that whole Spygate thing is still on the minds of some. He might be deserving but I don't think he gets it.

I think it will be Spagnuolo (sp?) or Morris like someone else said. Smitty will get some votes but be overlooked in large part.

People (media included) hate Belicheck and as silly as it might be that whole Spygate thing is still on the minds of some. He might be deserving but I don't think he gets it.

I think it will be Spagnuolo (sp?) or Morris like someone else said. Smitty will get some votes but be overlooked in large part.

Just based on what they have been up against personnel wise I really do think Belicheck has earned it. Just like Mike Smith earned it in '08.

MS has it over Morris because of his body of work at this point and if the Falcons go deep in the play-offs its MS in a canter for COTY.